2013 Oakland Athletics Thread

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Looking a lot better at the start of the season then the other two payroll teams in our division. Playing Houston a bunch of extra games each year is going to be a nice bonus too.

wasabi25

Addicted to Softballfans
By the way Seth, nice to see you downstairs on the board. You were taking a beating up top. I kid I kid!

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Yeah I have foot in mouth disease sometimes and back to back nights with baby not sleeping sure doesn't help.

HotCornerMike

Unbannable
Damn I love these A's. Not like a few years ago when they were down by 1 or 2 and you had no hope of ever coming back. Getting me a gold glove on Friday :D

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
game of the week. Anderson and verlander. it sucks about cespedes after his awesome slide.

Game of the week huh? Wow your worse off then I thought. Cespedes is a beast but it will take more then him and captain wierd beard to take you to the promised land.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Must not be a cubs thread? I know its much easier to talk **** about other teams when your team is so bad, been there.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Oh God, you guys are serious........ Im sorry guys they just dont have it, Its not going to happen.

wasabi25

Addicted to Softballfans
The cubs at -8 run diff. The A's at +34. What part of "ain't going to happen" do you see?

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
The baseball gods are smiling on the A's when they moved the Astros into the Al West, now if only next year we can Trade the Rangers for the Marlins.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
We can't even petition them to play on a baseball field

I've been an A's fan since I was a little kid but there is a little part of me that wonders if we would be better off in the long run if didn't do so well as we do with such a tiny budget. O.co is a dump and the A's will never be able to keep their best players or sign big name free agents as long as they play there. Continuing to be competitive is delaying the A's getting a new stadium. Sad when your AAA team draws more fans and has a nicer stadium then the big league club.

HotCornerMike

Unbannable
I think it would be too big of a hole to get out of if they sucked it up for a decade. Other teams have that freedom because they are in 1 team markets, so when they start doing good again everyone returns.