2013 Seattle Mariners Thread

trip

stfu
i hijacked that mother****er six posts in.

at least the mariners won't finish in last place, thanks houston astros. looking forward to another 16 mundane games

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
i hijacked that mother****er six posts in.

at least the mariners won't finish in last place, thanks houston astros. looking forward to another 16 mundane games

Betcha a sleeve of Penta TP's they do

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
You give me a Scotty Cameron if they finish below the Astro's, I give you a sleeve of Penta's if they finish above the Astro's. Deal

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
But they will be better than seattle. especially when seattle gets hamilton

trip

stfu
Scoreboard%20Rendering%202-thumb-620x413-36403.jpg

that's a big ****ing tv

BB15

Ape Raids
Today is the deadline to lock up the 40-man roster. If Chone Figgins is still a Mariner after the deadline I'm going to.........not like it very much...

trip

stfu
but in other huge news the m's traded 8th outfielder trayvon robinson to the orioles for someone i've never heard of

Marshenko

Ichiro wins the offseason:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...er-special-thank-presents-232543149--mlb.html

ichirothankyou1.jpg

ichirothankyou22.jpg

Ichiro surprises keeper of ‘Ichimeter’ with special thank-you presents

Midway through the 2004 season, Amy Franz came up with the idea to bring an "Ichimeter" to games at Safeco Field as a way of tracking Ichiro Suzuki's progress toward breaking George Sisler's record of 257 hits in a single season. The Seattle Mariners superstar would break the mark with 262 that year with Franz's sign often being featured on television as the total climbed.

The original "Ichimeter" would land in the Hall of Fame after that '04 season, but Franz made sure that another version was a constant presence in the right-field stands as Ichiro continued to post 200-hit season after 200-hit season for the Mariners. Franz became a local celebrity of sorts, running a Facebook page for the sign, bringing it on road trips and even adopting an @ichimeterlady Twitter handle that reflected how she was known by many fans at Safeco.

Then, last July, Ichiro was traded to the New York Yankees. An era had ended in Seattle as had Franz's need to tote the sign to her seats in right field. The Yankees were in Seattle when the swap went down so Ichiro came over in his New York uniform to thank Franz for her support through the years and to autograph the Ichimeter. It was the final chapter in the Ichimeter story.

Only, it turns out that it wasn't. Franz received a special package on Tuesday afternoon and tweeted that she almost "passed out in the middle of the living room" after opening it.

Inside the package was a special thank-you note from Ichiro ... as well as an autographed bat and pair of cleats ...

Needless to say, that's one of the best thank-yous a player has ever given a fan and just an all-around great gesture from Ichiro. While Franz made many fans over the years of dutifully bringing the sign to her seats, it turns out her biggest fan may have been Ichiro himself.

Ichiro 1, cynicism 0.

BB15

Ape Raids
Awesome move by Ich. Never would have expected something as classy as that to come from him. Even after being in MLB for going on 12 years, he's still a goddamn mystery.

trip

stfu
**** yes!

another skinny outfielder who can't hit 200!

jason bay is a mariner!

now i just hope we can get raul ibanez back for the 83rd time. goddamn. i think jack z pays news reporters to put out the sense that they're interested in all the big names so the 14000 fans that actually go to games don't revolt.

BB15

Ape Raids
**** yes!

another skinny outfielder who can't hit 200!

jason bay is a mariner!

now i just hope we can get raul ibanez back for the 83rd time. goddamn. i think jack z pays news reporters to put out the sense that they're interested in all the big names so the 14000 fans that actually go to games don't revolt.

Bay probably won't even make the team coming out of ST. If he does it means he probably didn't totally suck. It's a "who cares" move until the 2013 roster is finalized.

*edit* Details of the deal are out. He's only guaranteed $500k. He gets another $500k if he makes the team and there are performance incentives from there that could potentially pay him $3MM total. No risk at all in this deal.

Last edited:

trip

stfu
he tried getting upton. **** that guy. he'll be sorry he didn't go to seattle when it's 122 in arizona