2013 Tampa Bay Bucs Thread

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
I must say I am more optimistic than I've been in 7 years about the upcoming season! I owe the recent surge of talent signing, in part, to Lebron James! A couple years after the Glazers bought Manchester U, the the economy took a dive. The hard hit debt ridden Glazers were keeping Tampa at the bottom or near it for talent payroll as a result. James bought a bunch of the Manchester U shares from the Glazers a couple years ago and they really loosened the wallet for the Bucs ever since! I feel great about the RB, WR, OL, and secondary defense. I think Hillis and Ogletree will be FF sleepers. Tampa's biggest question marks are Freeman, the defensive line, and the linebacker group. They also lack talent at TE. I'm calling a 10-6 season and a wild card round win. Solid season with room for improvement.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm thinking 9-7. But a couple more wins or a couple more losses wouldn't surprise me at all

I honestly believe that all Tampa's games are winnable except the Seahawks on the road game. The Patriots in Boston also was until they lost Hernandez, Gronk, and Welker. I'm glad Tampa gets to play the Pats earlier than later in the season. Brady will not be able to make it rain on Tampa's D and the Pats running game is soft.

foxie25

Addicted to Softballfans
i have been a Bucs fan since back in the cream-cicle uni days. Hell, still have my Rhett and Cobb jerseys.
But i agree with ya Brooks,i am seeing a 10-6 year. They got all the tools on offense to do damage. With another year under his belt in this offense, freeman should be fine. He's not gonna be a matt ryan, but will play solid. i think the d-line is gonna make up for the lack of LB's. keep those guard from jumping to the second level.
As much as i like V Jax, i think mike williams is gonna have a bigger year.

Shmty19

Addicted to Softballfans
Just picked up my tickets for the Seahawks/Bucs game. I will be wearing my Bucs gear loud and proud. I flew to Denver last year to watch the Bucs play the Broncos and it was a blast.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
12-4 south champs first to say it on here

I definately think it's possible. They will need to stay healthy and have a couple lucky breaks go their way. A lot to be excited about this year. No doubt!

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
A sloppy start. This team needs some depth at defense! Some positives are Leonard, Ogletree, David, and Banks. It was a kind of "it looks worse than it is" game. Baltimore left the starters in for awhile. I think overall, it was a good wake up call from a Super Bowl champion. Hopefully they learn and grow from it.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Really hard to tell what we are seeing after 2 preseason games. I know what the Bucs saw for sure. Two razor sharp, very well coached, and battle tested legit Super Bowl squads. I think it was great for them to see what that chemistry is like and I hope it gave them something to strive hard for now that they have the talent to get there. Although we haven't seen Revis or our 2 Pro Bowl offensive lineman in action, I know this team is still trying to find out who they are & what they are capable of. I am pleased to see the stable of new found running back talent! I think Hillis and Leonard will be great compliments to Martin and James should develop well. I still think the pass rush will be a joke and the running defense will be soft. Good teams will probably utilize short passes and power running to beat Tampa's defense down! The jury is still BIG TIME out on Freeman. He still seems to make ill advised decisions and struggles at times to read defensive formations. I know he's still young and hopefully that will polish up with more live game reps this season. I seriously question Schiano for only playing him for 2 series vs N.E.! The man needs all the live action he can get BEFORE games starting counting for real! Overall, I'm still optimistic, but I can see how this season can easily go sideways on Tampa.

jebrock

Addicted to Softballfans
Can't blame David. Yes it was bone headed but the defense should of never been in that situation. Freeman was on his back most of the time because are O line for some reason when it supposed to be one of are strengths couldn't stop the jets d line the couldn't open up running lanes for Martin. Pretty much it starts with the coaches who need to take accountability for not planning better. I know there not the players on the field but the have to take some heat here. The team as a whole was terrible today.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
New_York_Jets_helmet_rightface.png

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Can't blame David. Yes it was bone headed but the defense should of never been in that situation. Freeman was on his back most of the time because are O line for some reason when it supposed to be one of are strengths couldn't stop the jets d line the couldn't open up running lanes for Martin. Pretty much it starts with the coaches who need to take accountability for not planning better. I know there not the players on the field but the have to take some heat here. The team as a whole was terrible today.

Yes it was! Entirely too much talent to play this ugly! Coaching is where I place the blame. Let's not forget that Schiano is coaching his 17th pro game. MAny great coaches struggled early in their career. He needs to find the right balance for sure and that's not easy! I think Tampa will step up next week and play N.O. tough.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes it was! Entirely too much talent to play this ugly! Coaching is where I place the blame. Let's not forget that Schiano is coaching his 17th pro game. MAny great coaches struggled early in their career. He needs to find the right balance for sure and that's not easy! I think Tampa will step up next week and play N.O. tough.

If Schiano doesn't do anything with this team I want his head on a stick. This is a really good team on paper with talent everywhere. The bucs have spent way to much money not to contend. I didn't like the hire to begin with. He couldn't win the big east but you want him to win a Super Bowl ? I love the bucs , I always have and will , but last week was some ugly football and that reflects on coaching. The bucs were not ready to play on sunday

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
If Schiano doesn't do anything with this team I want his head on a stick. This is a really good team on paper with talent everywhere. The bucs have spent way to much money not to contend. I didn't like the hire to begin with. He couldn't win the big east but you want him to win a Super Bowl ? I love the bucs , I always have and will , but last week was some ugly football and that reflects on coaching. The bucs were not ready to play on sunday
I agree. Schiano has 8 games to show he can bring a sharp and disciplined team on the field. I don't mind a mid season firing if the ship really hits the rocks.

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
This loss is on Schiano. He didn't trust his qb to make a 6 yard throw with the game on the line. He can explain that to his team in the locker room. The bottom line is Freeman is ALL YOU HAVE this season to seriously compete. Either flush the season down the toilet and start the rookie or trust Freeman DESPITE the good, bad, & ugly play. There is no middle ground here. This is an overall good team. Let them grow together and live with the results of Freeman's up & down play. It doesn't make sense for Schiano to do otherwise.

Raider29

Vinz Clortho
Goldson should be suspended 2 or 3 games. He's getting off easy with just a 1 game suspension. He's targeted receivers' heads for two games now. Guaranteed he does it again this season.

3XC

Big Truss
Saw it coming. Where will Freeman end up? Barring a serious injury someplace, I don't think anyone is beating down the door to get him.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
He's a weird case......its not like theres no cast and hes out there by himself. He has won games by himself with his arm making stupid ridiculous throws....confident, on point and in control. Then you get these awful games he looks like a rookie.....he's a light switch with bad wiring. Sometimes it comes on, sometimes it doesn't

3XC

Big Truss
He needs the right coach to put confidence in him. I doubt he will fall into a basket of puppies like Alex Smith did when Harbaugh showed up.

Where will he go? No team is desperate for a QB switch right now. Possibly the Vikings, but honestly, no.