2013 VX2 vs Spec.1

zanderson59

Addicted to Softballfans
looking for info on these two. are they the same bat with just a different paint job or are they something different from each other.
also which do the board bros prefer?

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
i haven't swung the Spec.1 enough to know exactly how good it is, but they are definitely not the same bat...I prefer my VX2 to all my others bats (cartel, stadium, spec 1, cartel 2, j3)

Pinky12

I love teh PINK!
not even close to the same bat. spec 1 takes a few hundred hit to really open up while the vx2 for some is hot out of the wrapper. a good 100-200 hits and its fire. my 27 spec 1 felt a little endloaded while the vx2 is fairly balanced. vx2 has a crisper feel of the ball coming off the bat too

Atiyeh

BP Hero
The spec.1 I had needed a lot more hits to get it hitting well. The vx2 needed next to none for me to like it right away.

ck1

The Madness
Hmm, I'm debating the VX2 or the Cartel 2. My Stadium 2 is not impressing me at all.

Are the Cartel 2 and VX2 the same bat?

longspear

Addicted to Softballfans
Havent swung a vx2 but my s2 is legit. And it has less than 200 cuts in it. I would love to get a vx2 with a new stamp

kreationz

Addicted to Softballfans
Hmm, I'm debating the VX2 or the Cartel 2. My Stadium 2 is not impressing me at all.

Are the Cartel 2 and VX2 the same bat?

C2 hands down for me... I never thought the vx2 was any hotter than the stadium 2.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
you're not crazy for preferring the s.2 over the vx2.

they are different bats, and it's completely down to preference.

i have a theory that the harder it is to get/try a bat, the 'hotter' it is online... the fewer ppl that get to swing the bat, the fewer ppl to comment and keep the hype under control. if the bat is good, it happens here with all these canadian release bats. go to the canadian fields, and message boards. NOBODY is hyping up any of these. they are good bats, but even at even prices, they are less popular overall.

personally, i liked the vx2 better, but i got WAY better results with NOW stadium than i ever did with the vx2. it's worth trying if you can, but i certainly wouldn't spend the extra money for it.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
vx2 is an og cartel

i honestly wish i still had both, so i could swap grips and test out if that made the difference, i just assumed the grip wasn't insignificant. but those bats were so different from each other it didn't even feel like i was swinging the same manufacturer.

imo
vx2 swings like, and feels like other demarinis before it. i was very comfortable with it from the get go, took almost no time to adjust. it was insanely balanced and light, and one of the stiffest bats i've ever hit with

the cartel felt alien to me. closest thing i'd swung to it before was a mutant. i put a couple hundred hits on it and never really felt like i wanted to use it. felt like it had a slight endload and was pretty true to sticker. it also felt much softer to me than the vx2. not sure how to put it, it wasn't flexy(like bendy), but it really felt like the barrel had some give to it. the vx2 was like hitting with a solid piece iron, the cartel felt like i was hitting with extremely hard rubber.

anyway, i don't really care how small the change in manufacturing might be(different endcap, balance, direction of weave, or w/e), whatever they changed had a HUGE impact on the final outcome to me.

kinda like the those claims that cheese whiz is one molecule away from being plastic. even if that WERE true, that prooves what a HUGE change one molecule is, not how close cheese is to plastic.

JPG

Lefty
I heard that they were the same bat but did not feel like it to me. maybe a layer inside swapped to make it different but was same bat.

scabnews

Addicted to Softballfans
VX2u is by far the best utrip bat I ever swung. I'm giving my Derby Boys the chance to wow me, but VX2s wail on Cartels.

zanderson59

Addicted to Softballfans
i should be able to give a comparision between the Spec.1 and the VX2 .. i got one on the way. cant wait to swing it! if nothing else i'll have something different in the bag from most everyone else and their dogs..

izac

Addicted to Softballfans
IMO it aint nothing like the OG cartel! VX2U is fire but so is the OG cartel. Its a tie between the two.

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
Similar to a cartel but definitly not the same bat great feel right out the wrapper . Vx2 is my vote