2014 9 Man Modified National may happen

Softball.com:

NYSoftball20

Addicted to Softballfans
For those that are interested the 9 man ASA National may really happen. I am currently at the ASA Council meetings in Oklahoma and attended the modified meeting this week. Apparently Spokane held a 9 man Invitational last Labor Day and had 20 teams! The Spokane Commissioner is considering hosting the official 9 man National which as if Wed had no host. If your team is interested in playing in the 9 man modified National you should contact the Spokane ASA Commissioner Fuzzy Buckenberger 509-993-8888. Let him know that you want to see this event happen. If this can get off the ground the East Coast ASA Commissioners have expressed interest in hosting in 2015.

Gregg Leather

TH#2

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the update Gregg..

For those that are interested the 9 man ASA National may really happen. I am currently at the ASA Council meetings in Oklahoma and attended the modified meeting this week. Apparently Spokane held a 9 man Invitational last Labor Day and had 20 teams! The Spokane Commissioner is considering hosting the official 9 man National which as if Wed had no host. If your team is interested in playing in the 9 man modified National you should contact the Spokane ASA Commissioner Fuzzy Buckenberger 509-993-8888. Let him know that you want to see this event happen. If this can get off the ground the East Coast ASA Commissioners have expressed interest in hosting in 2015.

Gregg Leather

tsmoke18

Addicted to Softballfans
Great to hear some good news about the 9 man game and slingshot! We are still playing it here in Lancaster, PA and we are not going to give in to play strict modified.

Old dirty basta

Addicted to Softballfans
9 man in pa is gonna be going away. Tsmoke don't be surprised in a few yrs its completely phased out. They want to start with a whole bunch of rules this offseason. And a few more things . When was the last time a 9 man tourn (state) was held in pa? Look at the turnouts for sling tourn, and compare that to 10 man tourn. Even if it is cash payout or not. You should be able to see in your own tourn.

hammer1942

The Veteran
Thanks for the update Gregg..

TH#2
I don't know the reason why the 9 man modified tournament died.
This is just a suggestion have anyone ever ask NAFA to run a 9 man
WORLD SERIES tournament . Pitching rules should be slingshot anything goes ,
except no side arm , or just call it slingshot fast pitch that should eliminate all concern about pitching.

With them using the world series division set up , A , A MAJOR , AA , depending
on the amount of team that enter .With most teams on the west and east coast
location should in the center of the USA . I am sure there should be about 20
team from the mid west could be more .

someone not me should contact interested teams and make a plan and present it NAFA . If it a good plan , NAFA may sit it up , run it and find a host city .

Just remember it should be a good plan , have at least 30 team committed.
Put it together , before contacting NAFA .
Just remember this is just a suggestion , and I am not a English professor,but
someone who would love to pitch 9 man modified softball without getting ding
because the rules are not clear enough for softball empires at deffrent location
they could the NAFA pitching list.

DS_CrunozSports

Addicted to Softballfans
9 Man

TH#2
I don't know the reason why the 9 man modified tournament died.
This is just a suggestion have anyone ever ask NAFA to run a 9 man
WORLD SERIES tournament . Pitching rules should be slingshot anything goes ,
except no side arm , or just call it slingshot fast pitch that should eliminate all concern about pitching.

With them using the world series division set up , A , A MAJOR , AA , depending
on the amount of team that enter .With most teams on the west and east coast
location should in the center of the USA . I am sure there should be about 20
team from the mid west could be more .

someone not me should contact interested teams and make a plan and present it NAFA . If it a good plan , NAFA may sit it up , run it and find a host city .

Just remember it should be a good plan , have at least 30 team committed.
Put it together , before contacting NAFA .
Just remember this is just a suggestion , and I am not a English professor,but
someone who would love to pitch 9 man modified softball without getting ding
because the rules are not clear enough for softball empires at deffrent location
they could the NAFA pitching list.

Sounds like something we'd definitely like to be a part of. Tony keep us posted, you know we are always willing to help out.