2014 aftermath taken for hitting middle

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
Failed miserably on a utrip tester for isa my question is if they send it to demarini what will demarini do if anything

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
I dont think so, everywhere I have looked its ASA only. Regardless you cant expect it to pass Utrip standard.

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
No we're allowed to swing anything in Florida isa and freedom except senior bats which we primary play question is if the association sends it off to demarini what will they do

So wait am I seeing this right? You can use anything you want, but they pulled your ASA stick and tested at U-Trip standards. Am I the only one who thinks Something don't sound right here?

Mine is only stamped ASA as well.

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
Here in central fl we have a sanction called freedom sports and isa orange they do not have new stamp bat rules is that a better explanation. But they only had a utrip bat tester and of course it failed my question is what will demarini do to the bat ,the association said they will send it to demarini to make sure it's ok then they will send it to me . I know a lot of states don't have the luxury of swinging old stamp bats and either Asa only or utrip only like we do but we do.

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
Asa tourneys here even let us swing utrip bats here old stamp or new unless it's a nit or states that's just how it is .

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
So wait am I seeing this right? You can use anything you want, but they pulled your ASA stick and tested at U-Trip standards. Am I the only one who thinks Something don't sound right here?

Mine is only stamped ASA as well.

What doesn't sound right like I said i know other places Asa you swing Asa only utrip you swing utrip only . We have a sanction freedom sports here in central Florida where any bat that's not senior is allowed,this was an isa event and they had a utrip bat tester but of course the Asa testing is different my
Only question is what does demarini do to your bat if anything or will it just take a few weeks to get my bat back

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry if I'm giving a long story but most associations in Florida only test your bat if the pitcher is hit or can't react to the ball umpires discression

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
WTF kind of double standard **** are you playing? You can swing any bat but it can't exceed USSSA standards? :confused:

jasonhud

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm gonna break this down real quick like........WTF tourney are you playing in that they change the bat rules during tourney time? Yeezus.....if they hated the AM they aren't going to like my Mercy, becuase I hated that POS. Real talk though.:rolleyes: And quit hitting middle (and yes, you can control it) if your boy hasn't been hit.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
Ok to get back on track here my friend- the answer is no- Demarini wont do anything about the bat failing a U-Trip Comp test. They will simply state what Comp it should be tested under ASA Standards.

Nothing is wrong with the bat per say- so Demarini cant really help ya :)

Best of luck man!

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
Shouldn't have let incompetent morons take your bat in the first place..... You deserve to have the bat destroyed and yourself suspended for being a tard..........

TRaj2327

This makes no sense at all. Swing whatever you want but it has to pass the UTRIP tester.

DeMarini won't do anything to it. If anything they'll test it and say it meets the non-linear requirements. They'll tell freedom the same thing as the people on here, it won't pass any UTRIP or ASA testing...only the non-linear ASA threshold. I can't see anything happening to you or the bat. If freedom allows the new stamp you did everything right. Only issue is that it won't pass their UTRIP tester if that is what they want to call official. You didn't swing an illegal bat, you swung a bat that doesn't pass compression. You didn't swing it after testing. You swung it before. That's their problem, not yours.

What doesn't sound right like I said i know other places Asa you swing Asa only utrip you swing utrip only . We have a sanction freedom sports here in central Florida where any bat that's not senior is allowed,this was an isa event and they had a utrip bat tester but of course the Asa testing is different my
Only question is what does demarini do to your bat if anything or will it just take a few weeks to get my bat back

Pretty sure you answered me back with your first response after my comment. But I'll take the second one as insurance on what you are saying.

What didn't sound right to me was. They let you swing what you want, but test an ASA bat, with a U-Trip tester. Just sounds moronic to me. I don't think I would have allowed them to take the bat. Based simply on the fact that, of course it would fail their tester.

jasonhud

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm going with Kaji and Traj. Two different testing standards. They should have implicated and said USSSA, no seniors. They have set themselves up for disaster on this one. I just hope it doesn't come back to hurt you finacially to pay somebody's bill, or otherwise. At least get your stick back. All they can do is say you, yourself, can't enter another tourney. And if that was the rules, is bull**** in itself.

jefflam79

Get away from that Bat!!!
I've been out of the ASA world for a few years. Is there a newer testing standard? What happened to the 98mph tests? So I'm hearing ASA bats now won't pass USSSA tests, does this mean these ASA bats are hotter then the current USSSA bats? I don't get it. Used to be USSSA=100+mph and ASA=98mph. Can someone link me to what I missed with ASA bats over the last 3 years?

TRaj2327

In a nutshell....

ASA now tests to 100 mph with the 52/300. The non-linear bats have different compression limits because they have an inner wall or device that limits the barrel from flexing and producing exit speeds beyond the legal limit.

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
In a nutshell....

ASA now tests to 100 mph with the 52/300. The non-linear bats have different compression limits because they have an inner wall or device that limits the barrel from flexing and producing exit speeds beyond the legal limit.

Wasn't there a letter/memo sent out by ASA or DeMarini about this?

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
Shouldn't have let incompetent morons take your bat in the first place..... You deserve to have the bat destroyed and yourself suspended for being a tard..........[/QUOTE

I'm a tard because I can swing any bat I want and I chose to swing the am ur a moron why wouldn't you if u could

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
The aftermath won't ever pass utrip standards, that is why it doesn't have utrip certifications on it. Plain and simple.

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
Everyone needs to stop jumping all over this guy. League lets him swing any bat he wants, pitcher was hit, bat taken out of the game. It is an ASA bat so it should have been tested with an ASA tester it seems like they didn't have an ASA tester so they tested it with a USSSA tester. Obviously it failed, but ill bet Demarini puts it in their ASA compression tester, if it passes, they will send it back, if it fails they may slice it open and take a look to see if its altered.