2014 juggy or Aftermath

pop up

Addicted to Softballfans
Trying to decide between the juggy or AM. The last Demarini I had was a flyswatter and I loved it. We mostly use 40/275 balls in our leauge. Preordered my wife a 25oz mercy hope she likes it

WarHorse

Star Player
40/275s eh? jeese.

To be honest with you, the softer barrel of the juggy will perform well, but the aftermath swings through better so you might turn that sponge into a rocket. I'd take the aftermath over the juggy, especially if your league decides to use a real ball.

pop up

Addicted to Softballfans
The balls are Dudley thunder sx they are actually not bad. One of the Feilds we play on is 315' and I have no problem hitting them out with my L6. The leauge we play is MLS. The balls feel more like a 44/375

Last edited:

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
I have never swung a Demarini until yesterday. I was hitting BP with my team and Begs was in the cages next to us having a demo day. I had bought a 2013 cl22 last week so this was the first chance i got to swing the bat since taking the wrapper off. My first round with the cl22 was amazing. We hit utrip Zn, Dudley's six and a few other types of utrip balls mixed in. Out of the wrapper this bat was hitting 100+mph and blowing away my 600 hit Easton l2. My next round I asked Begs if I could swing the juggy. This bat bat was hitting 100+mph as well. The guys in my cage were in awe how hard this bat was hitting the ball. 90% of my team swings easton. If we decide to play ASA this year, you can bet I will be hitting the juggy. Sorry I couldn't speak to the aftermath but I thought I'd at least give you my opinion on the juggy.

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
If you liked the flyswatter then the Juggy will be a good bat for you. I think the new juggy has a softer barrel for sure. I agree with the statement about the aftermath, gonna be a hard bat to beat.

WarHorse

Star Player
I have never swung a Demarini until yesterday. I was hitting BP with my team and Begs was in the cages next to us having a demo day. I had bought a 2013 cl22 last week so this was the first chance i got to swing the bat since taking the wrapper off. My first round with the cl22 was amazing. We hit utrip Zn, Dudley's six and a few other types of utrip balls mixed in. Out of the wrapper this bat was hitting 100+mph and blowing away my 600 hit Easton l2. My next round I asked Begs if I could swing the juggy. This bat bat was hitting 100+mph as well. The guys in my cage were in awe how hard this bat was hitting the ball. 90% of my team swings easton. If we decide to play ASA this year, you can bet I will be hitting the juggy. Sorry I couldn't speak to the aftermath but I thought I'd at least give you my opinion on the juggy.

The juggy is like the aftermath only softer. Everyone at our demo yesterday hit the AM much harder than the juggy. Juggy is good, but that aftermath...

Good god that aftermath...

Chico_O

Bat Addict
The juggy is like the aftermath only softer. Everyone at our demo yesterday hit the AM much harder than the juggy. Juggy is good, but that aftermath...

Good god that aftermath...

I agree with Warhorse- and if they really did up the durability of these bats then dear god, look out.

Not saying the Juggy cant launch them, because it certainly can, but the AM just rapes the ball, we use .44 and .52's here and the last years AM raped em both, I cant imagine the '14 would be any different.

WARHORSE, dumb question, but what is the F4f4re 27.5 you have preordered? Have seen several people with similar listings but I don't know what it is...little help here.

Chico_O

Bat Addict
I think its call the Future- or something along those lines... I dont know anything about that bat, same as you though I have seen a few people posting they have pre-ordered one.

ChatoC1

Star Player
Can anyone compare new juggy to j3a in performance?i I had a og juggernaut n hated it but loved the j3a so wanted to see wat u guys think..thanks

WarHorse

Star Player
WARHORSE, dumb question, but what is the F4f4re 27.5 you have preordered? Have seen several people with similar listings but I don't know what it is...little help here.

The f4t4re is an exclusive bat from another dealer. I won't get into specifics as I'm sure SBF won't appreciate it. The Future from what I'm being told is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm hearing it's out performing all other bats.

With that being said, and so I don't get banned, we've not had a chance to see the SBF juggy in action either. That bat could be gold. The Future has had some demo swings and everyone is raving about it.

pop up

Addicted to Softballfans
To hard to pick one so I'm just going to order both. Can't wait to get these in my hands. Is the durability on both these supposed to be better than last years. Witch one has the better durability.

WarHorse

Star Player
The durability is definitely better. Both bats I swung had near 1000 cuts on them and both were still rocking and rolling. I'd say the AM has a bit better durability only because the Juggy has a track record. I could totally be wrong though.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Ugh.....I thought I had my mind made up to get a buggy and AM......now I want to try the future to. ...I only play 2 nights a week and some tourneys. ...I don't Need 3 bats. .... sucks having to choose

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Ugh.....I thought I had my mind made up to get a buggy and AM......now I want to try the future to. ...I only play 2 nights a week and some tourneys. ...I don't Need 3 bats. .... sucks having to choose

I want those plus the CL ASA::confused:

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
I want those plus the CL ASA::confused:

There's so many options it's tough to choose I went with the future, Juggy, Am, CL22 stadium and the mercy for my lady.

Can't bring myself to order an Asa CL. My buddy has one preordered can't wait to swing it and see what it's about.

Side note hadn't swung my lady's mercy in a few months. Brought it out today to take a couple swings and hot damn she felt nice thing is ridiculous hot right now.

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
I've swung the new am and juggy along with the one and cl22. The am was hands down the best bat for me. I was very disappointed in the juggy.

Got2beG

Part Time Player
What is the difference in color for the AM I have seen one Black with white writing, Black with green and blue writing and Black with gold writing

chedched

Coach
What is the difference in color for the AM I have seen one Black with white writing, Black with green and blue writing and Black with gold writing

There is a limited run of aftermaths in the black/gold combo like last year. The green/blue/Black is the flipper aftermath.

FAT JESUS

More than likely
I dont know man, I hit the Juggy demo from Begs, and that thing was awesome. Small barrell comes through the zone fast, and is hot as hell. Aftermath looks too much like a boat oar to me.

Got2beG

Part Time Player
There is a limited run of aftermaths in the black/gold combo like last year. The green/blue/Black is the flipper aftermath.

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me, anyone know what color the new AM is? How does the AM Flipper compare?

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh ok thanks for clearing that up for me, anyone know what color the new AM is? How does the AM Flipper compare?

The new one is the black with green and blue writing. It's pretty much the same as the black and gold one. It was said on here that they added another wrap of composite for durability.

You won't be disappointed with your purchase if you're on the fence on buying one. Especially if you are hitting 52/300s.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Picked up a 27oz 2014 Aftermath today. Scaled at 27.3 with wrapper. Has a decent endload. Did the "balance test" next to a 27 oz. Maxload ASA Triad with cut down lizard grip (6") . The AM tipped down about 3/4 of an inch before the Triad did. (Didn't expect that but love how it feels since I prefer a decent end load). They only had a 28 & 30 Juggy, which felt like sledgehammers. To compare, the 28 Juggy I picked up felt like my 28 oz Combat Wanted. Can't speak for "swing weights"

pop up

Addicted to Softballfans
Got my juggy and my wife's mercy today. How many swing does it take to break these bats in.

WarHorse

Star Player
I dont know man, I hit the Juggy demo from Begs, and that thing was awesome. Small barrell comes through the zone fast, and is hot as hell. Aftermath looks too much like a boat oar to me.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw them, but man when I swung that AM I couldn't put it down. I loved the juggy, swung that bad boy first, but the AM...

I just couldn't get over that AM. That midload just makes it crush through the ball.