Eric Gagne 0.2%
JT Snow 0.2%
Armando Benitez 0.2%
Jacque Jones 0.2%
Kenny Rogers 0.2%

palmeiro off the ballot

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
along with Ken Gurnick, anyone who voted for any of those guys that are 0.2 should lose their vote

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
I think they can vote from 0-10.

I wonder if the Deadspin voter voted for all those scrubs. I forgot about that guy.

pg1027

Addicted to Softballfans
I think that having the BBWAA continue to vote is a joke. Their election procedure is stupid for the simple fact that these writers would rather grandstand and talk about how they stand on moral grounds for the game, yet they have d-bags that will sell their votes to deadspin.

Parked

Addicted to Softballfans
I think that having the BBWAA continue to vote is a joke. Their election procedure is stupid for the simple fact that these writers would rather grandstand and talk about how they stand on moral grounds for the game, yet they have d-bags that will sell their votes to deadspin.

This is worse then selling/donating votes to deadspin. Atleast their ballot was decent.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-be-unanimous-2014-mlb-hall-of-fame-inductee

He didn't vote for Greg Maddux because he pitched during the Roid era.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I have no problem with him posting his vote. He seems to be making a point even if it does cost him future voting 'privies'.
I also have no problem with Palmiero being done even though he never stood a chance.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
So the guy that never won the "Most Outstanding DH Award" is getting in before the guy that had the award renamed after him?

ntz

tricknollegy
LeBatard just admitted he was the guy who sold his HOF vote to deadspin. i'm putting the whole system on trial.

3XC

Big Truss
I just looked it up. Frank Thomas had a career defensive WAR of negative 23.4, and "his prime" when he was an everyday 1st baseman he was between negative 1.2 and negative 2.1 each season.

Dude was better off in the dugout than anyone, in other words. Total defensive liability. HOF worthy? Maybe. 1st ballot over Bonds and Clemens? You have to be ****ing kidding me.

This steroid stuff is overblown.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
spot on. but i was just referring to the fact he didn't win any dh awards, cause his best seasons were behind him at that point

pg1027

Addicted to Softballfans
I just looked it up. Frank Thomas had a career defensive WAR of negative 23.4, and "his prime" when he was an everyday 1st baseman he was between negative 1.2 and negative 2.1 each season.

Dude was better off in the dugout than anyone, in other words. Total defensive liability. HOF worthy? Maybe. 1st ballot over Bonds and Clemens? You have to be ****ing kidding me.

This steroid stuff is overblown.

You are right. Clemens and Bonds would be HOFers without the steriods. Did it inflate their numbers, sure but that doesnt change the fact that they were HOF caliber players to begin with. Do I advocate cheating, no. But am I that far out of touch with the game that I hold these two as the sole reason that steroids were introduced to the game, **** no.

The BBWAA certainly holds their heads up high for guys who can't hit, pitch or field a ball.

trip

stfu
once griffey gives his speech, he will say why aren't yall electing edgar?

and once justin smoak gets in, he will say the same

HlyRomanEmperor

Addicted to Softballfans
Sucks that Biggio missed by only 2 votes, especially when you see some of the names on there that got votes (unless I misunderstand the process).

And I like Frank Thomas. Watched him a lot back in the day. I really don't see how he got that many more votes than Bagwell though, considering how errily similar their hitting numbers are, and considering that Bagwell is a vastly superior defensive player and baserunner (200+ career stolen bases and twice topping 30).

And yes, I'm from the Houston area. :)

trip

stfu
i might start an online petition and get like a million signatures to rid the bbwaa to relinquish their voting and turn it over to the living hall of famers to elect people