2014 Tampabay Rays

thaynes

I don't think your getting what we're saying. Lynn is a good number 3. He's a 4 in the al east at best. Hardy also dropped 20 bombs while not in the al east so that doesn't really mean anything

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I don't think your getting what we're saying. Lynn is a good number 3. He's a 4 in the al east at best. Hardy also dropped 20 bombs while not in the al east so that doesn't really mean anything

I understand what you're saying. I agree that his numbers wouldn't be as good with a DH and pitching a ton of games in Yankee Stadium, Camden, Toronto, and Fenway. I also agree that the A.L. East is the toughest division in baseball. You're right that Lynn would be a number four in some A.L. East rotations. I'm saying you're naive if you truly think Lynn would be a number 4 in Baltimore's rotation.

The Orioles didn't miss the playoffs with one of the best offenses and defenses in MLB. The pitching flat out sucked.

I'm not saying that Lynn is equal to Hardy if isolated to on field contributions. You have to factor in that Hardy is a free agent after this year and Lynn is relatively price controlled through 2018.

3XC

Big Truss
If the O's pen didn't blow so many leads, perhaps. The rotation was nothing special but Tillman emerged as a legit MLB starter to contend with. Chen is a gamer and his injury left the O's in the lurch for 2 months.

They have the worst rotation in the AL East, arguably (if not Toronto) but the reason they regressed from 93 wins to 85 wins was Jim Johnson, period. He was blowing saves from May right til September.

thaynes

I understand what you're saying. I agree that his numbers wouldn't be as good with a DH and pitching a ton of games in Yankee Stadium, Camden, Toronto, and Fenway. I also agree that the A.L. East is the toughest division in baseball. You're right that Lynn would be a number four in some A.L. East rotations. I'm saying you're naive if you truly think Lynn would be a number 4 in Baltimore's rotation.

The Orioles didn't miss the playoffs with one of the best offenses and defenses in MLB. The pitching flat out sucked.

I'm not saying that Lynn is equal to Hardy if isolated to on field contributions. You have to factor in that Hardy is a free agent after this year and Lynn is relatively price controlled through 2018.

Lynn would be maybe a 2 or 3 on the orioles staff. Tillman being the 1. The orioles are working on another extension with hardy and starters are easier to get imo than an all star ss

thaynes

If the O's pen didn't blow so many leads, perhaps. The rotation was nothing special but Tillman emerged as a legit MLB starter to contend with. Chen is a gamer and his injury left the O's in the lurch for 2 months.

They have the worst rotation in the AL East, arguably (if not Toronto) but the reason they regressed from 93 wins to 85 wins was Jim Johnson, period. He was blowing saves from May right til September.

I put a lot of that on the rotation and buck. Johnson was way over used and the rotation killed the bullpen

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like Hellickson had surgery and will be mid may at the earliest for his season debut. I was really hoping he'd have a bounce back season this year. Hope he heals quickly.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
I liked Lobaton but glad the Rays added some more pitching depth. He was the Nationals 4th best player in their farm system from what I understand

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
Spring training starts Saturday for the rays. Cant wait. Looking forward to seeing how all the young talent does this season.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
I went down to Port Charlotte for the Twins game yesterday afternoon. Even though I have been a partial season ticket holder for years, this is the first Spring Training game I have seen them play at their home ball park. For some reason I thought Port Charlotte was much further away from Tampa than it actually was. Starters looked good, Cobb looked great, Balfour looked good, nothing out of the prospects really jumped out. A dude for MN hit an absolute bomb off of some lefty for the Rays I had never even heard of. Nice park, I would recommend trying to make it down there if you have the spare time.

wcoastsoftball

Nah, I can make it to Tampa sometimes in about 75 minutes, depending on where I am going (I live about 2 minutes from the park).will be playing hockey in Brandon on Thursday nights, never been there so hope the rink is easy to get to. Hope you had fun down here, the ballpark is nice, the clubhouse/training room/facilities are nice inside. Major upgrade from what the Rangers had when they were here.

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
Nah, I can make it to Tampa sometimes in about 75 minutes, depending on where I am going (I live about 2 minutes from the park).will be playing hockey in Brandon on Thursday nights, never been there so hope the rink is easy to get to. Hope you had fun down here, the ballpark is nice, the clubhouse/training room/facilities are nice inside. Major upgrade from what the Rangers had when they were here.

The Brandon hockey rink is just off of 75...not even 2 minutes if you don't get stuck at the light as you exit 75. I don't play hockey, but a buddy of mine refs out there and says its a pretty nice facility. I live less than 5 minutes from the rink. I have only met a handful of SBF members. If you are able to meet up for a beer one Thursday night once your season starts, hit me up. There is a Hooters about a mile from the rink.

Ballpark was nice. I thought the food was outrageously priced for a Spring Training game, but the tickets were so cheap I couldn't complain. We sat 5 rows up behind home and our tickets were less than $30. Can't ask for much more than that.

JTtampabay

Addicted to Softballfans
I went down to Port Charlotte for the Twins game yesterday afternoon. Even though I have been a partial season ticket holder for years, this is the first Spring Training game I have seen them play at their home ball park. For some reason I thought Port Charlotte was much further away from Tampa than it actually was. Starters looked good, Cobb looked great, Balfour looked good, nothing out of the prospects really jumped out. A dude for MN hit an absolute bomb off of some lefty for the Rays I had never even heard of. Nice park, I would recommend trying to make it down there if you have the spare time.

I'm the same way , I go to quite a few reg season games but not a lot of spring training. But I must say their spring training facility is really nice. Looking foward to the season

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
So the Rays have received great starts from Price and Odorizzi the last 2 nights, but what the hell is going on with their bats??? 2-1 and 2-0 are not impressive wins. Doesn't help Zobrist will be done for a couple weeks either.

SESC1001

FSU Nation
Let the fire sale begin...........Shutout 27 innings straight and are the WORST team in baseball. Have know fear, no changes will happen. Derrick Shelton couldn't hold a hitting job with any other club!