2014 USSSA Boss

Camnew

Addicted to Softballfans
I know this isn't a very popular model, but has anyone had experience with these grenading at around 100 swings? I've got one that has been swung on only a couple occasions and it feels like it's ready to give it up.

I'm talking the yellow and black model. Any feedback is appreciated.

CA0

Starting Player
I know this isn't a very popular model, but has anyone had experience with these grenading at around 100 swings? I've got one that has been swung on only a couple occasions and it feels like it's ready to give it up.

I'm talking the yellow and black model. Any feedback is appreciated.

What is grenading?

Camnew

Addicted to Softballfans
Still looks brand new (got it NIW), but definitely sounds and feels a lot more broken in than I think it should. I'll keep swinging and see what happens.

Camnew

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm up around 400 hits now and I've got a little bit of a change in sound happening. No webbing or anything obvious, so I'll keep beating on it.

I met a guy this weekend that said he broke one in 60 swings. Sounds like there could've been a bad batch at some point, but mine seems gtg.

Camnew

Addicted to Softballfans
Update - 700 swings. Still no webbing or major blems. Getting pretty good distance out of it now. Definitely a lighter endload than most 27s I've swung lately, but a good change of pace from the Worths I've been using. Going to continue beating the crap out of this thing to see how high the ceiling is.

Camnew

Addicted to Softballfans
Right around 1000 swings and compression tested around 250 at the Women's Major (wife snagged it for a while). There's finally some webbing in a couple spots and the sound has changed to more of a crack than a ping.

This bat reminds me of the newer Z's a little bit. Barrel is crisp though the sweet spot is one the smaller side (compared to my Fulks). I hit bp with balls ranging from .52/300 to .50/600 and have no problem with any of them.