2014 VA/NC/SC/People I like thrad....

FreddieBallgame

Addicted to Softballfans
hey, i am looking for a tourney team, AAA 50+, ? 55+....i am a utility man who CAN play 3rd and hit 500 0r 800 and melee the ball on that side of the fence on occasion with increasing regularity, lol... i am in md........

WillRead12

Addicted to Softballfans
They played lower all last year in Freedom. Comp would have been a big bump for them, esp at a winter worlds. I used to play C in IL, I think you'd hardly consider me a C player. Now 5-6 years at C or above you have a point. Honestly the comp is better in NC then VA, esp around the Richmond area. VA is lacking completely, any decent programs above E on all assoc. With the exception of Tru Playaz and Dominion who is even trying to work up the ladder in VA?[/QUOTE]

Not really sure this is a true statement: Lets check facts.

USSSA 2013 Worlds Results

"D" NC finished 80th, 137th, 138th and 153rd
VA finished 34th and 35th

"C" NC finished 12th and 79th
VA finished 24th 30th and 40th

"B" NC finished 11th
VA none

"A" NC none
VA finished 10th

"Maj" NC none
VA finished 12th

WSL you guys in NC killed it but to say there are only 2 good teams in VA i think your miastaken my friend

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
If I had to rank the 3 states (NC/SC/VA) in order... I would have to put NC first, SC second, and VA third.. All 3 states have quality teams.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
They played lower all last year in Freedom. Comp would have been a big bump for them, esp at a winter worlds. I used to play C in IL, I think you'd hardly consider me a C player. Now 5-6 years at C or above you have a point. Honestly the comp is better in NC then VA, esp around the Richmond area. VA is lacking completely, any decent programs above E on all assoc. With the exception of Tru Playaz and Dominion who is even trying to work up the ladder in VA?[/QUOTE]

"B" NC finished 11th
VA none

"A" NC none
VA finished 10th

"Maj" NC none
VA finished 12th

WSL you guys in NC killed it but to say there are only 2 good teams in VA i think your miastaken my friend

You bring up U-Trip. U-Trip is king in Virginia. In SC, U-Trip is just starting to make a comeback. Nobody here played U-Trip AT ALL until last year, and it is probably the 3rd choice (Behind NSA and ISA).... If you look at Freedom, ISA and NSA World winners last year.. Just off the top of my head..

NSA Silver World Champs: Carolina Bombers (NC)
ISA Bronze World Champs: Honey Badgers (SC)
Freedom World Champs (Lower): Crunchtime (NC)

WillRead12

Addicted to Softballfans
You bring up U-Trip. U-Trip is king in Virginia. In SC, U-Trip is just starting to make a comeback. Nobody here played U-Trip AT ALL until last year, and it is probably the 3rd choice (Behind NSA and ISA).... If you look at Freedom, ISA and NSA World winners last year.. Just off the top of my head..

Agreed, U-Trip is not that big here at the beach either, its more towards RIchmond that they play it. Here in VB we play alot of SNA and ASA. Either way there is alot of good tourney's between VA,NC,and SC should make for a fun year.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
We got double dipped in the beast last year. Makes me nauseous

I watched both championship games. Both games were great bro. Both teams were hitting it.

Agreed, U-Trip is not that big here at the beach either, its more towards RIchmond that they play it. Here in VB we play alot of SNA and ASA. Either way there is alot of good tourney's between VA,NC,and SC should make for a fun year.

Utrip is definitely not "king" in va. Its biggest participation is probably out west toward Countrys area. From Charlottesville to the beach, its basically SNA and ASA. Got a couple U trip tourneys in Richmond that draw some good teams throughout the year, usually just for c/d states and then nationals are always out west in Salem.

Country35

Banned User

"B" NC finished 11th
VA none

"A" NC none
VA finished 10th

"Maj" NC none
VA finished 12th

I wasnt saying good teams bro, I was saying teams that have stuck together and moved up the ladder from e to C or higher. Those teams are non existent in this state. Finishing higher at utrip worlds doesnt say much honestly man. Its one tourney, basing a whole season of one tourney is silly, esp when there is far more sandbagging in va then nc. That alone accounts for what you have posted. Again, I've played a ton in both states, and its just better ball in nc consistently. ASA is no go for us anymore, but SNA is the home turf around yall right?

I watched both championship games. Both games were great bro. Both teams were hitting it.

Utrip is definitely not "king" in va. Its biggest participation is probably out west toward Countrys area. From Charlottesville to the beach, its basically SNA and ASA. Got a couple U trip tourneys in Richmond that draw some good teams throughout the year, usually just for c/d states and then nationals are always out west in Salem.

Correct utrip thrives out here not much else other then chance crawford.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Ive played Utrip in NC one time in Raleigh, we were playing D and it was some of the best, most competitive ball Ive seen. Got to watch a little bit of the E and that seemed just as competitive. Its a small sampling but I believe there were atleast 50 teams in that tournament from Rec E, E, D, and womens on a weekend in July when it was 105 degrees. Thats saying something I feel.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive played Utrip in NC one time in Raleigh, we were playing D and it was some of the best, most competitive ball Ive seen. Got to watch a little bit of the E and that seemed just as competitive. Its a small sampling but I believe there were atleast 50 teams in that tournament from Rec E, E, D, and womens on a weekend in July when it was 105 degrees. Thats saying something I feel.

I can vouch for this.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
<----------won the rec that weekend. last time I ever played rec, swear to god it was.

Yall played up on the top wheel of 4 fields right? Or were yall down on the 5 field wheel? What did yall get for winning it? I guess it was an Elite uniform package right?

We got real nice USSSA golf shirts for finishing second. They were drifit, multiple colors, fit great. I wore the hell outta mine till I was effin with my grill after a round of golf last summer and got grease all over it and ruined the sleeve. :mad:

Country35

Banned User
Yall played up on the top wheel of 4 fields right? Or were yall down on the 5 field wheel? What did yall get for winning it? I guess it was an Elite uniform package right?

We got real nice USSSA golf shirts for finishing second. They were drifit, multiple colors, fit great. I wore the hell outta mine till I was effin with my grill after a round of golf last summer and got grease all over it and ruined the sleeve. :mad:

****, we got a trophy and a paid world berth. Shouldn't have got nothing for sandbagging. Chris Kelley played too.

Country35

Banned User
.500 E team at the time in VA. Added a couple better players for the weekend. Not one word from Blizz, just think he was happy getting $300 that Milton would have gotten otherwise. I still feel like a tool playing that low.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Get in where you fit in I reckon. Happens every tournament. Least you have can admit it. We had 2 guys that were playing c that year. Not sure what the drop down rules are in u trip though. How far of a drive is it to Raleigh for yall? Little over 2 hours for us. Id go down there once a month for tournaments like that.

Country35

Banned User
Get in where you fit in I reckon. Happens every tournament. Least you have can admit it. We had 2 guys that were playing c that year. Not sure what the drop down rules are in u trip though. How far of a drive is it to Raleigh for yall? Little over 2 hours for us. Id go down there once a month for tournaments like that.

its almost 4 hours for me, but I still ended up there 4 times last year. Still chasing that good competition for now.

Hey we were a rec team!

C player ^^^^^^

WCURacer29

Shady J Softball
.500 E team at the time in VA. Added a couple better players for the weekend. Not one word from Blizz, just think he was happy getting $300 that Milton would have gotten otherwise. I still feel like a tool playing that low.

I remember that tourney. It was my second one in NC after moving here. Think you guys beatus by a run or two, with a total combined score of 7 runs, what a defensive performance thatvwas by both teams. So glad I'm able to play higher now.

Country35

Banned User
I remember that tourney. It was my second one in NC after moving here. Think you guys beatus by a run or two, with a total combined score of 7 runs, what a defensive performance thatvwas by both teams. So glad I'm able to play higher now.

Yup, that storm came in with hurricane winds blowing in from the outfield. Only thing that kept me in the yard all weekend :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Yup, that storm came in with hurricane winds blowing in from the outfield. Only thing that kept me in the yard all weekend :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That wind cost us the winners bracket final. 2 misplayed fly balls and one grandslam that stayed in the yard, easily an 8 or 10 run swing due to those 3 plays.

Stretch19

Grow up
Is that why you moved there from VA?

you already know...i needed more softball competition so i relocated

Man, I could sure eat some Bojangles right now

boj_i1.jpg

Stretch19

Grow up
That wind cost us the winners bracket final. 2 misplayed fly balls and one grandslam that stayed in the yard, easily an 8 or 10 run swing due to those 3 plays.

sounds like your OF lack of ability to play the wind cost you the game...dont blame mother nature, that ***** is undefeated