- - - 2014 WSL/ASA Kick-Off: ALL of SoCal Covered - - -

1shot

Worth Advisory Staff
JanuaryWSL-ASAKickOffFlyer_zpse65fe0ea.jpg

Joe Daddy

Smash and Grab
Have you ever hit a 44/400? They're very good balls!
Yes, I've hit 44/400's before and I agree, they are fun to hit. I am just surprised that WSL/ASA will be using them and not using 52/300 like usual. Mainly speaking about the Sportsplex.

1shot

Worth Advisory Staff
Yes, I've hit 44/400's before and I agree, they are fun to hit. I am just surprised that WSL/ASA will be using them and not using 52/300 like usual. Mainly speaking about the Sportsplex.

I hear ya, but we decided to stick with the true WSL ball. Gonna be fun!

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here

Joe WSL was never supposed to be using Hot Dots...that was a decision made to save money by someone trying to save money

BASH 21

Will go box on friends!
Not entirely true! Yes he went with the crappy 52/300 to save money. But that was because every tournament he did have the 44/400 he never got them back.

baller4

The Demar Devil
I have that problem too as a director. We use evil 44/400 and people just take em...and then complain when or if we raise the entry fee.

CarlsbadDrew

Addicted to Softballfans
Not entirely true! Yes he went with the crappy 52/300 to save money. But that was because every tournament he did have the 44/400 he never got them back.

That is his own problem. No one ever asked him to provide unlimited backup balls. Most tourney's don't. It's 1-2 NIW gameballs, and then the teams provide the equivalent backups. I am just a normal dude, and even I can buy high quality 44/400 balls for approx $3.20 per ball shipped. Even if your team goes all the way to the ship and plays 7 games, that still only a cost of $23.00 dollars out of your $360 fee. I am certain a TD can get balls for much cheaper anyways, especially through WSL's official WORTH sponsorship.

I don't think directors should ever get their balls back. Most teams will play 4 or less games, so that is about $11-$12 bucks out of $360.00. hmm.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
i had ken (LPS) start supplying only 2 game balls and then rest by teams, i even tell them that if they dont like the ball supplied then can use their own. has worked out very well.

CarlsbadDrew

Addicted to Softballfans
i had ken (LPS) start supplying only 2 game balls and then rest by teams, i even tell them that if they dont like the ball supplied then can use their own. has worked out very well.

Providing unlimited backups is a commendable idea, but not if the quality of the ball used for play suffers. I think your average player understands that supplying 10-15 brand new balls per game isn't cost effective for a TD. I've never seen players have a problem with providing their own backups for a tourney.

Craig #7

Middle's Closed
I played many years in Florida and their TD have teams supply their own balls. They hit their own ball and it has to be what the TD specifies. The ball is verified by the pitcher before pitching it. That brings the tourney fee down some and gives each team the incentive to go retrieve they own balls.

Craig #7

Middle's Closed
Archie, again congrats on the new title. When you coming out with the Las Vegas schedule? I know you love coming to Vegas.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
I played many years in Florida and their TD have teams supply their own balls. They hit their own ball and it has to be what the TD specifies. The ball is verified by the pitcher before pitching it. That brings the tourney fee down some and gives each team the incentive to go retrieve they own balls.

this is not rocket science. :biggthumpup: But if you want to keep your prices high and use the same balls for years and say "well I am paying for all the balls and have to pay for them some how" then by all means supply your own balls and keep having your teams hit crap balls and keep your fees increasing every year. Makes sense.

1shot

Worth Advisory Staff
Happy New Years gentlemen!!

For Quakes at least (I believe Karl is doing the same thing this weekend down in SD) I am providing two balls (Worth 44/400) per game. After that, teams may provide anything same or less COR/Compression. Considering most people don't have 44/400 balls it would be a good idea to make sure the initial balls come back into play. I'm not trying to force teams into using their own balls; I'm simply trying to force them to retrieve the balls they lose. ;)

Who's in for this weekend down in SD? Who's in for Quakes next weekend? Really looking forward to seeing you guys out there!

1shot

Worth Advisory Staff
San Diego shows 2 D teams and 7 E teams on the tournamentasa.com site. I already have 6-8 D teams confirmed for next weekend at Quakes.