2015 Border Battle

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
It's a little different this year because they are still using 52 275s but they are playing on a hardball stadium.

Going to be interesting.

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
It's a little different this year because they are still using 52 275s but they are playing on a hardball stadium.

Going to be interesting.

They used them in Midland last year and had no issue hitting them out. They also were playing unlimited home runs.

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
USA all the way- But Chudder is the ****ing man!!!

Actually lol'ed...

Thank you very much...

So if I make Canada 1, best case for guys is I go 4 for 4 and USA wins 35-20 in 4 innings? lol...

I hope that Michigan can support this event, last year in Kitchner, Ontario all 3 days the stands were full and I would be willing to bet there was over 1,000 people watching the big game on the Saturday afternoon. It made it pretty special for everyone playing in the event!

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Hey Chudder, I was talking with Jeff the other day about staying a day or two after CSA and heading down to watch the Major event. Maybe we really need to consider staying a couple more days and attending this as well it aint far!

MB:cool:

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian

Going to be interesting.

They used them in Midland last year and had no issue hitting them out. They also were playing unlimited home runs.

You guys know what ball they were hitting in the ASA Super last year? The big boys looked they were hitting derby balls out of the Stadium, guessing it just doesn't matter which ball with those guys.

Those roster photos are a cry for PED testing.

Okay guys we're going to tale your pictures, I want you to pull your hat down on your head far as possible and on the count of 3, puff up and make your best mean face.

Baker and Lasern have turrible mean faces IMO.

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
Those roster photos are a cry for PED testing.

I think that the Border Battle is an absolutely amazing event, its helped grow slopitch in Canada a lot.

I know its easy to poke fun at the USA or even Canada guys for one reason or another but one thing that I will say is that for the most part, they have been absolutley amazing ambassadors for the game of softball and they way the acted/interacted with the players/fans in Canada was unreal.

Of the 30+ guys that I have met through this all but a couple were unbelieveable people on the surface and there is a couple that I have become friends with and have been just as great since.

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
I think that the Border Battle is an absolutely amazing event, its helped grow slopitch in Canada a lot.

I know its easy to poke fun at the USA or even Canada guys for one reason or another but one thing that I will say is that for the most part, they have been absolutley amazing ambassadors for the game of softball and they way the acted/interacted with the players/fans in Canada was unreal.

Of the 30+ guys that I have met through this all but a couple were unbelieveable people on the surface and there is a couple that I have become friends with and have been just as great since.

Hey, I'm a big fan of the event, I'm just saying it's harder to take some of these guys (and the sport as a whole honestly) seriously when they are so obviously juiced.

I guess mammoth home runs put butts in the seats, but I would rather see a game of skill and speed than watch yet-another-HGH-monster mash one out and walk to the dugout.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian

How dare you politely call us out for being jealous and bitter! Damn unruly Canadians....

Chudder

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow
Where'd TC23 go

Toddy is the man, when I 1st started playing slopitch he was the guy I looked up to and wanted to try to be like in this sport....

Injuries have slowed him for the 2015 season but he is one of the best leaders we have up here, they are bringing him back as the assistant coach for the 2015 Canadian team.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Hey, I'm a big fan of the event, I'm just saying it's harder to take some of these guys (and the sport as a whole honestly) seriously when they are so obviously juiced.

I guess mammoth home runs put butts in the seats, but I would rather see a game of skill and speed than watch yet-another-HGH-monster mash one out and walk to the dugout.

Utterly clueless.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Way to go Ohio! Our exhibition location last year impressed so much that they're holding this year's Border Battle there.

Oh wait. Wait they're doing it at the OTHER exhibition location? In MICHIGAN?!?

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Actually lol'ed...

Thank you very much...

So if I make Canada 1, best case for guys is I go 4 for 4 and USA wins 35-20 in 4 innings? lol...

I hope that Michigan can support this event, last year in Kitchner, Ontario all 3 days the stands were full and I would be willing to bet there was over 1,000 people watching the big game on the Saturday afternoon. It made it pretty special for everyone playing in the event!

I was baggin on the attendance prior to the Canadian battle last year and glad to see you guys showed up.....I still have '12 and '13 on my DVR and the attendance was terrible....stands were empty....looked like only family showed up. If this was in So Cal a bunch of my teammates would go....

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
I was baggin on the attendance prior to the Canadian battle last year and glad to see you guys showed up.....I still have '12 and '13 on my DVR and the attendance was terrible....stands were empty....looked like only family showed up. If this was in So Cal a bunch of my teammates would go....

those were in okc right? i could see this at Angels stadium:bigok:

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
How would you like to have the name Randy Raper?! That's rough

I seriously LOL'd... hey - Coach Raper... can you help me with... ... never mind.:mod:

I'm sure he was given a hard time as a kid and even as a young Airman. He's a CMSgt retired from the Air Force, I didn't have any problems asking him a question 11 years ago when he was an assistant coach for the All Air Force team. Props to both Chief Raper and Pup for representing our our country while wearing a different uniform.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sure he was given a hard time as a kid and even as a young Airman. He's a CMSgt retired from the Air Force, I didn't have any problems asking him a question 11 years ago when he was an assistant coach for the All Air Force team. Props to both Chief Raper and Pup for representing our our country while wearing a different uniform.

How's Kadena these days?
Been about 20 years since I was last on the rock :cool:

breedawg

Addicted to Softballfans

I'm sure he's a great guy and huge respect to any one in uniform! Still a very unfortunate name.