2015 Miken Freak 52

TBSteve

Part Time Player
Hey all - so I recently swung a 2015 Miken Freak 12 at a tournament fresh out of the wrapper and it was HOT. As it's USSSA I'm going to buy one for tournaments, but I also had my eye on the Freak 52. Looks to be similar but with a balanced load. Bats I have currently are a 2014 Aftermath (ridiculous) and a 2015 Miken Freak Black Max (also ridiculous). I am just looking to keep my rotation of bats absolutely phenomenal while I can afford to. Any thoughts on the Freak 52 and even the Freak 12? Thanks folks, Merry Christmas.

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
Hey! This is a great question for the "miken" section.....freak 12 is a super great bat! Prally voted most popular or bat of the year by some people! Only a handful don't like the bat....I would say u are hard pressed to find a better bat, only issue being U-trip compression testing.....bat will fail compression way way sooner then an Easton or what not....and like u said, it's hard to beat a demarini if u play in ASA!! It really depends on what sanctioned league or event u are playing in! If u only play ASA, I'd stick with the demarini Flip AM...I have a 14' AM and it's so nice to swing and hits great! I would say my broken in DC41's and my 100h only hit a tad farther then my 14' AM tho...

TBSteve

Part Time Player
My apologies for the incorrect section. I read you loud and clear on that. I will DEFINITELY be purchasing a Freak 12, I am just deciding on another ASA bat to run with. The AM '14 is starting to get banned in some leagues/tournys as it is way too hot. I was actually looking at the DM Mercy 2015 too, heard that is a hot ASA balanced bat. Thoughts?

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
You can't go wrong with the Freak52. We have quite a few in our league since I bought the first one when they came out and everyone loves it.

ValB

Banned User
You think the Freak12 is similar to the Freak52? If you consider the Freak12 being 2 piece and Freak52 being 1 piece no big difference...haha. Also, the Freak52 came in a maxload and balanced models, so no, not all Freak52's are balanced.

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
Need Freak 52 Supermax input ASAP !

Does the 2015 Miken Freak52 Maxload swing light or heavy?

I know it's an endload, but trying to decide between 27oz or 28oz. My 28oz (red) ASA Miken Recoil Maxload (MSRMA) feels a bit heavy, but my 27oz senior Miken Ultra Big Cat (MMULT2) feels perfect.

I'm trying to figure out if the Freak52 is overweight like the Recoil or more true like the Big Cat only with a smaller endload.

Also, how would the 27oz ASA Freak52 compare to my USSSA Z-2000 endload (SB13ZE) for swing weight and distance?

I'd like to pull the trigger in the next hour or so. Thanks.

Last edited:

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
Wife got me a 27 Maxload for Christmas. Will bring it into work and get a scale weight on it this week. Feels nice though, can't wait to hit some balls with it

rpw019

Addicted to Softballfans
Does the 2015 Miken Freak52 Supermax swing light or heavy?

I know it's an endload, but trying to decide between 27oz or 28oz. My 28oz (red) ASA Miken Recoil Maxload (MSRMA) feels a bit heavy, but my 27oz senior Miken Ultra Big Cat (MMULT2) feels perfect.

I'm trying to figure out if the Freak52 is overweight like the Recoil or more true like the Big Cat only with a smaller endload.

Also, how would the 27oz ASA Freak52 compare to my USSSA Z-2000 endload (SB13ZE) for swing weight and distance?

I'd like to pull the trigger in the next hour or so. Thanks.

Supermax is the 1oz endload so sounds like if your previous swung heavy this one will as well

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
Went with the 27oz Max Freak 52. Got the 2015 new for half price on clearance ... thanks to the gift card from my loving wife!

Can't wait for the 70-degree temps of last week to return to hit it vs. my 27oz Z-2000.

Thanks for your posts ... esp Marl.