2015 Ressy Legit replacement?

Soxfan

Addicted to Softballfans
so i’ve been swinging the orange and gray for years and am down to my last one, so wondering if there is anything close to it in both feel and performance that isn’t $500? I’ve been hitting the baby blue est for about a year now amongst other bats that have come and gone and just haven’t found the right replacement. Should I be looking at the white Dc-41? New legits?

jlee

I have swung a bunch of bats... and nothing feels the same as the old legits... the composite and construction are just different. I don't know what it is about them.

The new Worth SIS7, is supposed to be a direct replicate of the 2015 ressy... not sure how true it is but its advertised as that.

Soxfan

Addicted to Softballfans
The new Worth SIS7, is supposed to be a direct replicate of the 2015 ressy... not sure how true it is but its advertised as that.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting. I’ll have to check that out

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
I know there is a Canadian store that has the RI White DC41 on close out. I would imagine that is pretty similar as well.

goalie31

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a ri and a og dc41. They both give me the same distance. There stinking hot bats cant wrong with either og or ri. I lost count on hits on these dc41s and there still passing comp .I agree with the feel off these older bats its diffrent. But me likes ,have had most of the top rated overhyped bats from the past 3 years sold them all and got the white dc41s.

RuFFNeCK_Canuck

I too have been looking for a replacement for my old grey with orange ressy. I have swung a lot of others in hopes of finding something similar. And too my disappointment I have not found anything with the same swing weight and feel, however recently purchased a 2018 Worth Harvey on a recommendation for a well known member. And have been very impressed with it, feels different from my ressy but not drastically different. The weighting is very similar IMO and from my recollection the performance out of the wrapper is the same. Hard to compare the 2 bats side by side, the ressy has approximately 1000-1200 hits maybe more and Harvey is maybe around 200. My ressy is my gamer right now and is lights out with home run rule in effect have to be careful not to put any out, but the Harvey for being relatively new isn’t far behind performance wise, and has opened up a lot after 100 cuts. Sweet spot is big and feel as though it is expanding and pop is there too, great bat so if you get a chance to swing one try it out I don’t think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Soxfan

Addicted to Softballfans
I too have been looking for a replacement for my old grey with orange ressy. I have swung a lot of others in hopes of finding something similar. And too my disappointment I have not found anything with the same swing weight and feel, however recently purchased a 2018 Worth Harvey on a recommendation for a well known member. And have been very impressed with it, feels different from my ressy but not drastically different. The weighting is very similar IMO and from my recollection the performance out of the wrapper is the same. Hard to compare the 2 bats side by side, the ressy has approximately 1000-1200 hits maybe more and Harvey is maybe around 200. My ressy is my gamer right now and is lights out with home run rule in effect have to be careful not to put any out, but the Harvey for being relatively new isn’t far behind performance wise, and has opened up a lot after 100 cuts. Sweet spot is big and feel as though it is expanding and pop is there too, great bat so if you get a chance to swing one try it out I don’t think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I gave up trying after buying a Harvey. The weight just wasn’t right, so I sold off most of my non-Legit bats (EST, SIS100H, etc) and bought a TNMT from a friend since it’s the same bat and even broke my “don’t buy used bats” rule and bought a used gray and orange Legit for pretty cheap. Hopefully the three Legits (counting the TNMT) will last a long time!

RuFFNeCK_Canuck

I understand how you feel, I too was looking for a replacement for awhile, started to panic that this one wouldn’t survive much longer. Picked up a newer orange and blue ressy in really good condition from a guy on a trade, he figured roughly under a 100 cuts with it. How’s the Mutant swing in comparison? I didn’t know that they are virtually the same bat. If they are very similar in weighting and loading I will have to keep my eye out for a good deal on one. Good luck with the season.

Soxfan

Addicted to Softballfans
The mutant feels and hits exactly the same to me. Same weighting, feel, and performance. I can’t tell the difference in it at all.