2015 z2k knob broke!

So I'll start with it's all my fault and I'm an idiot. I was a goob this late summer and tossed my bat halfway hard on its knob. The knob broke free from the handle and is really loose. So loose you can't swing it. I tried some epoxy from Home Depot and let it set. Didn't work. My buddy just tried to fix it with what he said was heavy duty epoxy and some other glue or something rather. It seemed nice and stiff and seemed like it would last. It only last about 20 bp cuts before it came loose again.

Anybody done this before or just had one fall off from any brand bat and had it fixed? If so, what all did you use and how long did you let it set? Thanks!

Sorry guys. I hate the search section and hardly use it. Always seems to vague. But I tried and it looks like I should use jb weld. Should I use the plastiweld version or the black and white tube that you mix together?

stillballin

The Veteran
if you have a return send it in and get it replaced.. I would hate for you to try and fix this if you already failed once.. you could really hurt someone..

Robo_16

Addicted to Softballfans
I had one come off of a 2014 Z2k. It was super hot and I didn't want to loose it. I Mine did not come all the way off. It came loose so much that even with the knob taped to the bat, I could feel it moving when I swung it. I just put Gorilla glue on it and let it set up for 2 days. After that I could tell it wasn't flush on the bat the way it came from the factory but it stayed on until I busted the bat. Hope that helps

Ok, thanks for the help guys. It only has 250-300 cuts so I don't wanna use my return yet. That's a last resort.
And no I don't wanna hurt anybody, but I'm pretty sure one of these methods of glueing or epoxy will work from experience. I'll tape afterwards too, so it will only come loose if the epoxy or glue fails.

Bolusu

Addicted to Softballfans
JB weld should do the trick and last as long as the bat does

Ok, thanks for the help guys. It only has 250-300 cuts so I don't wanna use my return yet. That's a last resort.
And no I don't wanna hurt anybody, but I'm pretty sure one of these methods of glueing or epoxy will work from experience. I'll tape afterwards too, so it will only come loose if the epoxy or glue fails.

Would you be able to send the bat back for a return after using JB Weld on it?

ryanclink

goes hard your way catch
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjVRReg_PRU[/ame]
Plasti-dip the knob and tape it on after using the 3m5200. Then tape over it and you'll have a working knob with a 40oz bat.