2016 Freak Black Balanced

Looking to get one but new to Miken. Looking for opinions if any on this bat?
Heard it was slight endloaded? Pop?Durability? Any info would greatly help. Thanks

WillW3

Starting Player
Does anyone else have any input on whether it's truly balanced or closer to last year's Freak Black?

D.Morton

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice. Might have an alternative since I can't find many of last year's.
It's more balanced than endloaded IMO, just heavier.

Is it a softer barrel than last year?
The one I have feels like it's going to need some swings to open up. It's stiffer than the 4TF. FWIW I swung both yesterday both brand new and the 4TF kills it. No doubt he black will get to that point, it's just going to take a little longer.

Joe Daddy

Smash and Grab
Got to swing both the 2016 Freak Black balance and maxload this past weekend in a demo day. I usually swing a 26oz. 14' and 15' 4TFallen regularly and wanted to try the "replacement" for this year. Both Blacks with 26oz and had a few hundred hits on them. The balance black does not really feel like a 4TF, I think because, as others have said, the barrel feels soft(er). It does feel balanced though in my opinion, compared to the 4TF's. I actually preferred the maxload which was really surprising to me because I usually hate massive endloads on bats. All in all, I will be getting a maxload out of this years stock of Mikens.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
I got my 25oz return. It feels balanced. Feels pretty good dry swinging... Debating on what I want to do with it lol... Still waiting on some reviews to see if I wanna keep it... Any anybody else swing these?

dbantz

Manager
Got to swing both the 2016 Freak Black balance and maxload this past weekend in a demo day. I usually swing a 26oz. 14' and 15' 4TFallen regularly and wanted to try the "replacement" for this year. Both Blacks with 26oz and had a few hundred hits on them. The balance black does not really feel like a 4TF, I think because, as others have said, the barrel feels soft(er). It does feel balanced though in my opinion, compared to the 4TF's. I actually preferred the maxload which was really surprising to me because I usually hate massive endloads on bats. All in all, I will be getting a maxload out of this years stock of Mikens.

The maxload is only a half ounce end load. Miken doesn't make massive end load anymore. I think 1oz is the most now.

WillW3

Starting Player
The maxload is only a half ounce end load. Miken doesn't make massive end load anymore. I think 1oz is the most now.

There's another thread talking about this. Most people are saying the end loads feel bigger this year, despite what Miken says

dbantz

Manager
There's another thread talking about this. Most people are saying the end loads feel bigger this year, despite what Miken says

I've got this year's Psycho, Dc-41, freak black maxload, and freak black balanced. In my opinion based off previous year's models, the Psycho and Dc-41 feel right at 1oz, the freak black maxload feels somewhere in between .5oz and 1oz, and the freak black balanced feels pretty balanced, but may have a slight end load to it around .25oz if I had to guess. The fallen was the most balanced bat I've ever owned, but the black balanced feels similar to every other balanced bat I've ever owned.