2016 Helmer Flex 26OZ ASA&NSA REVIEW

2016 Helmer Flex ASA or NSA which one is hotter!!!!!!!!!

• 2016 ASA FLEX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2016 NSA FLEX

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

greg1292

Coed bomb dropper........
My project for the year is to document how these bats perform thru out the year. The reference stick these
will be compared to is 2900 swing 2016 Mercy so it will be interesting to see how the Eastons perform. Balls will be Tattoo NX3 52/300 feed thru a Jugs lite flite pitching machine. I am 53yrs old and195lbs and first game hit one 340 with the Mercy so still have some game left. Initial impression dry swinging the flexes are a mid load feel and has more junk in the trunk then the 26oz Mercy. Should have 500 swings on the ASA flex by Monday and will update. The Utrip Flex won't arrive till Monday. Play mostly ASA but wanted to see which association bat was better/hotter.

Goal is 3000 swings per bat by September:)

Feel free to post your thoughts and swing totals on your flexes.

NixHex

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you comparing a utrip bat to an asa bat? Because I dunno if that's a fair comparison since they have different standards

Last edited:

greg1292

There is no endload to this bat so I stand by my assessment. Put 400 swings on this bat and was an interesting bp session. First 200 swings were just ok. Started to loosen up around 300. The last 70 swings this bat changed gears and exit soeed and distance was on par with the mercy. I can honestly say this bat feels better than the 2900 swing mercy. As far as distance 340 is my max with with 52/300 and this bat was already there at the end of this session. The helmer is game ready now. Will be hitting tomorrow to put on another 400 swings on it tomorrow and will update. The Mercy feels more endloaded then the helmer both are 26oz.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Is odd you feel the mercy has more endload when they. are advertised as balanced and the Helmer a large endload.
There is no endload to this bat so I stand by my assessment. Put 400 swings on this bat and was an interesting bp session. First 200 swings were just ok. Started to loosen up around 300. The last 70 swings this bat changed gears and exit soeed and distance was on par with the mercy. I can honestly say this bat feels better than the 2900 swing mercy. As far as distance 340 is my max with with 52/300 and this bat was already there at the end of this session. The helmer is game ready now. Will be hitting tomorrow to put on another 400 swings on it tomorrow and will update. The Mercy feels more endloaded then the helmer both are 26oz.

greg1292

That would be because the helmer balance point is midload at least the one I have and the purple mercy is towards the end cap.

greg1292

this guy is terrible and wrong
that it is a midload feel no. Up
to 800 swings and starting to spiral going in the bag game only. Bat is fully broke in.Will start working on NSA model next.
zVV1BY8.jpg

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
that it is a midload feel no. Up
to 800 swings and starting to spiral going in the bag game only. Bat is fully broke in.Will start working on NSA model next.
zVV1BY8.jpg
Been working on my 26 probably 200 swings webbed but no spirals.

Twiles

The Rookie
I'm probably up to 500 on my UTRIP/NSA 16 Helmer flex right now and it is gamer only! Hit it with everything from NSA 52/275s - Utrip classic Ms and handles it all well! Webbed up but no structural issues. Busted one already with close to the same swing count but this one seems to be going strong!

*I also break mine in one side at a time, so it's almost time to spin it to the other side*

greg1292

I'm probably up to 500 on my UTRIP/NSA 16 Helmer flex right now and it is gamer only! Hit it with everything from NSA 52/275s - Utrip classic Ms and handles it all well! Webbed up but no structural issues. Busted one already with close to the same swing count but this one seems to be going strong!

*I also break mine in one side at a time, so it's almost time to spin it to the other side*
Haven't had a chance to hit the utrip one yet just dry swings and it does have a nice endload feel where the asa is more midload. How's distance and exit speed on the Utrip?

Twiles

The Rookie
Haven't had a chance to hit the utrip one yet just dry swings and it does have a nice endload feel where the asa is more midload. How's distance and exit speed on the Utrip?

Distance and exit speed is great. I honestly don't see a huge difference btwn my helmer and my freak 12 (that has about 200 swings and a lot of rattle). I'm gaming my flex over my mikens at the moment.