2016 Mercy

fhibbs12

Extra Hitter
I needed an ASA bat that could hit any ball. I read that stats on the 2016 Mercy and it did not say it was Low Compression only.

I already have the bat in my possession so I guess this is the wrong time to ask.......

Are these bats build for pretty much any ball since the warning is not on there?

We mainly hit 52/300 ASA, 44/375 ASA, 40/325 Classic M, and the Evil BP Rockets (47/400 I think).

Thank you

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
i cant speak for the 2016, but the 2013, 2014 and 2015 have all been great for all balls. however, I am curious as to what sanction you play that uses the classic M but allows asa bats?

fhibbs12

Extra Hitter
It's strictly ASA around me and very litthe utrip. However there are tons of non sanction ASA tournies within an hour drive of me that goes by ASA rules and bats but hit your own 44/400 or less. Technically outlaw tournies but with ASA bat rules.

eodwilt

Addicted to Softballfans
Lookin at one of these as well! Moved to ASA land and its time to move away from the FU Dawg.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
Great bat if you hitting 52's I wouldn't hit anything else with them if you want it to last and also pass compression

Ya estuvo 27

Part Time Player
The 16 is stupid hot I've had mine since last week and it's redicious probably the best one out of all the years.

single wally

Professional Amateur
I've always found Mercies to be pretty damn durable, even holding up to BP with rocks just fine. The only Demarini ASAs that I'd worry about with harder balls are Aftermaths.

hitalot

Backside and Gaps
i have also hit all kinds of balls with my white and purple mercy and has never showed any signs of breaking faster or anything like that... unsure about this years but mine will be here today or tomorrow and will get some swings on it this weekend!

SBG SHREK

Coach
So the 16 Mercy is endloaded now? It's not a huge el but it's more noticeable then the 13-15 models....

image_zpsbea8b551.jpg

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
So the 16 Mercy is endloaded now? It's not a huge el but it's more noticeable then the 13-15 models....

image_zpsbea8b551.jpg

this is correct....

I would still stay away from hitting the harder balls, it may hold up from "breaking" but if you need it to pass compression I would stay clear of anything but 52's

Pretty

Softball is cool
just hit 44/400 all weekend in the a dome tournament with the 15 mercy and held up fine. It is the one demarini outside of the True One that I feel comfortable hitting any kind of ball. The only ball I have never hit w/ a Mercy is a stadium ball. Swing away, especially if there is no comp testing.

single wally

Professional Amateur
If I could get a Mercy in 28oz, I'd swing it all day. Then again, they would probably fail testing at anything over 26.

late

Addicted to Softballfans

/image_zpsbea8b551.jpg[/IMG]

Mmm..that's a little disappointing.

I'm in the market for a Demarini and am looking for as balanced as possible (Easton defector / Demarini noob...all I've swung for the last 5 years is SCX3...). Any thoughts / advice on which model is the most balanced / comparable is appreciated!

single wally

Professional Amateur
late, the Mercy line has always been VERY balanced, so SHREK can speak more to balance points, but I'm guessing the new one is still the most balanced of any Demar ASAs. True Ones are balanced, and dual stamp, but up to this point have not been as hot as the ASA onlys.

late

Addicted to Softballfans
late, the Mercy line has always been VERY balanced, so SHREK can speak more to balance points, but I'm guessing the new one is still the most balanced of any Demar ASAs. True Ones are balanced, and dual stamp, but up to this point have not been as hot as the ASA onlys.

Right on, thanks for the info.

I'm considering the 25oz actually, figure if they did add a slight end-load that might be compensated by taking an extra ounce away.

cmb34

Star Player
Mmm..that's a little disappointing.

I'm in the market for a Demarini and am looking for as balanced as possible (Easton defector / Demarini noob...all I've swung for the last 5 years is SCX3...). Any thoughts / advice on which model is the most balanced / comparable is appreciated!

I just picked up the new og flipper and it feels pretty balanced

Cali_4sb

Coach
Yeah legacy starts off stiff, that's why guys give up on them. Once broken in it gets soft and you can almost feel the balls recoil off the barrel.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
/\ It is, my legacy last year felt a lot like my 2014 future lots of cuts to open up, never had a green future but USA opened up quick like 100 hits, and I hear this years legacy is like that, but they are all great bats

hitalot

Backside and Gaps
swung my 25oz 16 Mercy today, Definitaly legit and it swings super smooth! Not as soft of a barrel as my 26oz 14 purple mercy, it feels like a little stiffer barrel. could be cause its new but i put about 80 or so swings on it with a mix of comp balls and i got a few lines of webbing. also seems just a tad more endloaded and not as balanced then my 2014 model. hard to tell in the cage but a few balls i hit were definitely lazers, jumped well and safe to say with some more swings this thing will find its way to one of my gamers this year. :biggthumpup: Maybe i can get a video of my terrible swing this week...lol