IMG_2508.jpg
    1,014 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_2509.jpg
    IMG_2509.jpg
    743.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

ShortYellowBus

Does that mean he sold it? No...
It’s not too ridiculous to assume that someone who posted this very popular and desirable Flipper for sale two years ago (and doesn’t visit this site anymore) is going to be at home waiting for your message to make his big comeback.

Don’t take it personal. It’s always new members who respond to old dead threads and move them to the first page.

You have zero trade history and just joined. If you want to find this bat, go to the Buying Section and post a Looking to Buy thread.

Make sure you post the weight, full name and year for the bat you want. Don’t just say Og Flipper. If you’re looking for a new in wrapper bat, ask for it. If you want something that’s not beat up, ask for it.

Also, make sure you make your budget clear. If you only want to spend $100, or $200, just say it.

The guys who don’t find the bats are the dudes who lowball and don’t give details of what they want.

BryceB83

It’s not too ridiculous to assume that someone who posted this very popular and desirable Flipper for sale two years ago (and doesn’t visit this site anymore) is going to be at home waiting for your message to make his big comeback.

Don’t take it personal. It’s always new members who respond to old dead threads and move them to the first page.

You have zero trade history and just joined. If you want to find this bat, go to the Buying Section and post a Looking to Buy thread.

Make sure you post the weight, full name and year for the bat you want. Don’t just say Og Flipper. If you’re looking for a new in wrapper bat, ask for it. If you want something that’s not beat up, ask for it.

Also, make sure you make your budget clear. If you only want to spend $100, or $200, just say it.

The guys who don’t find the bats are the dudes who lowball and don’t give details of what they want.
I'm sure you're right about new members responding to old threads moving them to 1st page...but there is also something to be said about veteran members listing a bat for sale and never making it sold of it has been sold. Kinda the same BS really isn't it? I don't guess you plan to send that member a message too telling him how he doesn't know what he is doing?

Just because I'm a new member and have never traded a bat on here doesn't necessarily mean I don't know how things work. I purchased a bat off someone on here just a few weeks ago...but no I haven't traded a bat. Does a person have to trade a bat to be respected on this site?

You're right...it's doubtful that bat is still available, but how is someone suppose to know of they don't ask? The listing says nothing of it being sold. I appreciate the advice on how to post when looking for a particular bat, but all I did was respond to a listing. I didn't expect someone to belittle me for it. Anyway, thanks and it won't happen again..

Btw, I'm not mad, just annoyed at how you assumed I don't know what I'm doing.

Take care.

tonys1

Click on the poster's name, you'll see the last time they've been on. In this seller's case, he hasn't been here in 6 weeks. If you PM them, that will generate an email for them, so better chance they see it.

My good friend has one, I sold it to him a couple of years ago, let me ask if he would like to sell it. I'll get you some pictures if he does.

tonys1

I just found out you have a NY mailing address.

Game changer.

Been about a year now, it's really convenient. Always had to add $20-$25 to shipped prices every time I bought something here, and that's when the seller was willing to fill out the extra paperwork. Plus I'd almost always pay an extra $30-$35 in duties per bat, even if they were used :mad:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I just found out you have a NY mailing address.

Game changer.
Tony is definitely the exception to the rule, he was my 1st and only north of the border deal/s the first one he offered to pay the extra so it was an easy decision for me. Second deal was a trade I have to admit I kinda dragged my feet in making up my mind to trade with him, not cuz of the extra I thought I'd pay in shipping but cuz I didn't really want to fill out the customs form even though it is very easy and takes an extra minute or two (yes im kinda lazy at times) needless to say when we finalized and he sent me his ship info i was stoked.. ok sorry to hijack thread carry on

tonys1

Works best for everyone, only 75 minute drive to the border - I usually wait until I have 3-4 things waiting for me at the US mailbox and I'll drive down. The mailbox place only charges $5 per item to receive and hold it so it's really not expensive. Border agents are hit or miss, sometimes they'll let me through with 4-5 bats, other times I'll pay duties on a $20 item.