2017 DC 41 ASA

lukeamdman

First one broke with under 100 swings on 52s, and the warranty replacement was "crooked". If you laid the bat on a flat surface and rolled it, the head of the bat would wobble by over 1/4"! Second warranty replacement they sent seems fine. 200 hits and no issues yet.

Anyone else ever get a bat that looked like an obtuse angle? I had never seen that before.

lukeamdman

Pics or stfu

Here are pics of the broken one. The crooked one wasn't really visible in pictures.

y4nNsw4.jpg

3gynoiX.jpg

3jwV5jy.jpg

lukeamdman

That sucks, under 100 swings...

I was a 100% Easton guy until last year. Bought a 2016 DC 41 USSSA out of curiosity and wow...made my 2014 L1.0 feel like a steel rod.

I now have WELL over 1,000 hits on that DC 41 (mostly Evil BP 52s). Hundreds of hits with Evil rockets and probably over 100 hits with stadiums and it just keeps going. Any hesitation I had about durability issues with Miken were put to rest...until I tried the 17' ASA...I don't like hitting with hit because I'm worried it'll break.

lukeamdman

Get the 17' ASA Easton Flex line...you won't be disappointed

Last year I bought my dad the 2016 Helmer Flex USSSA. I feel that bat is right up there with the Mikens.

I just picked up a 2016 Easton Helmer ASA for $70. Not a flex but I don't mind putting 500+ swings on a bat to break it in.

Last edited:

4spot

Star Player
I have about 300 on mine with no issues. I might literally cry when it breaks cuz I love that bat

lukeamdman

I have about 300 on mine with no issues. I might literally cry when it breaks cuz I love that bat

What was crazy is the first one had ZERO pop. I had read all these great things and every hit had a lot of feedback and the ball just didn't go anywhere. I was severely disappointed.

All of the sudden, the very next hit had a different sound to it and it was one of the longest HRs I'd ever hit. Hit after hit you could do no wrong and I just couldn't believe it. Once that round of BP was over I noticed the huge crack in the barrel...

The crooked one felt completely different. First hit was a line drive to the fence, but I couldn't get over that it wasn't straight! Third one has just as much pop thank goodness.