2017 DC 41 USSSA

lukeamdman

Got this last Thursday and I'm really impressed. Weight and endload feels identical to the 2016, but it feels like it has a larger sweet spot and more pop. I have about 300 swings on it so far and it's my gamer for sure. Fall season starts next week!

Out of sheer curiosity I also picked up a 2017 Freak 30 and it's not bad. I definitely prefer the larger barrel and heavier endload of the DC.

lukeamdman

Odd, almost every team I play against has multiple Freak 30s, but still haven't seen a DC 41

That is odd. I've only seen 1 or 2 Freak 30s.

I'm going to give the Freak 30 one more chance in BP but i'll probably end up selling it. For whatever reason it's just a little awkward for me to swing.

jhitman

That is odd. I've only seen 1 or 2 Freak 30s.

I'm going to give the Freak 30 one more chance in BP but i'll probably end up selling it. For whatever reason it's just a little awkward for me to swing.

I have a Freak30 and it was a change for me too. It's taken me a while to get use to the smaller 12" barrel. Once you find the barrel it hits the 52's really well. It also swings lighter than it's sticker weight to me.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Played in a 24 team tournament over the weekend. Every single team had a 2017 Freak 30 on it, and I recall seeing 1 Utrip DC41. 9 of the 12 guys in our batting order swung the same Freak 30, to give you an idea of how good/hot a bat it is.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
At the level these things are coming nowadays, does it matter much more than just what feels comfortable? The DC we got is ridiculous almost from swing 1, but I prefer my EST over it. Ball goes far and fast with either.

lukeamdman

I have a Freak30 and it was a change for me too. It's taken me a while to get use to the smaller 12" barrel. Once you find the barrel it hits the 52's really well. It also swings lighter than it's sticker weight to me.

Yeah I think it's a combo of the lighter end load and smaller sweet spot. Both the DC and Freak 30 were both 28oz exact on a scale.

Played in a 24 team tournament over the weekend. Every single team had a 2017 Freak 30 on it, and I recall seeing 1 Utrip DC41. 9 of the 12 guys in our batting order swung the same Freak 30, to give you an idea of how good/hot a bat it is.

Wow that's crazy. I'm in MN and we only play lower D, so there's not a lot of new bats to begin with. I have seen more DCs that 30's though.
I just got back from practice and I did hit better with it than last time, but dang I love the end load on that DC...

lukeamdman

At the level these things are coming nowadays, does it matter much more than just what feels comfortable? The DC we got is ridiculous almost from swing 1, but I prefer my EST over it. Ball goes far and fast with either.

Beyond personal preference I don't think there's a ton of difference between a lot of these bats. A buddy of mine just tried a 2017 DC 41 utrip vs. his 2016 Easton Helmer Flex and he didn't see any improvements in distance.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I think it's a combo of the lighter end load and smaller sweet spot. Both the DC and Freak 30 were both 28oz exact on a scale.

Wow that's crazy. I'm in MN and we only play lower D, so there's not a lot of new bats to begin with. I have seen more DCs that 30's though.
I just got back from practice and I did hit better with it than last time, but dang I love the end load on that DC...
I actually was one of the guys who didn't swing the Freak 30. I swung my ASA DC41 instead, because I seem to hit a lot better with it than the Freak 30. Rest of my team crushed with the 30 though, just not my thing.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
I picked up a DC41 half way through this season and couldn't believe its performance. I'm not a "hot out the wrapper" guy but with minimal bp the DC41 perfromed very well and just keeps getting better every week. Don't know if it's the endload or huge sweet spot but this bat seems to fit my swing well.