2017 predictions

Country469

I think sports reporting in general is told to troll now. Reading what you already know is boring. Look at ****s like cowherd and a, smith. All nonsense, all trolling.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
What i read on here is equally as qualified as the **** I hear on the radio......

Its fairly tragic.....and yet we **** on the women reporters and they do more actual research and attempt to make educated takes than any of the headline assholes

3XC

Big Truss
"Attempt" counts for nothing. If it takes me 80 hours of work to install some molding, but it takes an experienced contractor 4 hours and he does a better job, my "attempt" is just the inefficient ham-handed work of an amateur.

Likewise, I give zero credit to the hacks who write about the NFL but know less about it than the guys I play poker with. They know less about the sport of football, the history of the league, the history of specific teams, the active players, the tactics of coaching, and the science of human physiology that makes these athletes so exceptional. They are journalism majors, jock sniffing nerds for the most part, and they secretly harbor grudges against the players they cover. They dedicate their lives to writing about football, but they don't love football as much as the fans do, and they don't care about anything but page views. A dumb hot take that gets re-tweeted is a wet dream compared to a well thought out, well written piece that says something.

The Skip Bayless style garbage opinion guys don't bother me. They really don't. Just like Rush Limbaugh doesn't bother me. Truth and fiction aren't the standard for them, its entertainment and book sales. The guys who bother me are the ones who want to be taken seriously but are even bigger clowns. Slobs like Prisco, who puts up his straight up, no spread pick em record to tout his expertise, then goes 6-9 in the opening weekend. Again, not ATS, but straight pick em. 6-9 in a straight pick em is worse than random. Its worse than my wife's 92 year old grandmother would do. She has dementia and thinks the Baltimore Colts still exist.

These guys are frauds and charlatans and I hate most of them. Only about 2/3 of them know as much about the NFL as I do. Thats a serious number. Some know way more. Some about the same. Many way less. A few seem to have the understanding of a super casual fan. They don't even know the rules of the game. But they get paid to write about it.

Yes, it bugs me. This isn't Bleacher Report or Deadspin or some other junk site. Its the NFL's own site. Its NFL.com, and they have the Ravens 17th. They just pitched a road division shutout with 5 forced turnovers against a team that went to the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years and is 22 games over .500 in that span. It wasn't the goddamn Browns. They have the idle Bucs and Dolphins ahead of them. They have the 0-1 Giants, who just got outcoached and outplayed and looked awful, ahead of them.

Country469

I took a screen shot of this post. Just in case its like a rare one, and one of the last few true 3xc posts seen in the wild.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
3 still writing books i see.

he needs to get him one of them radio programs and invite guests so he can tear them down.

3XC

Big Truss
Ravens have forced 10 turnovers and allowed 10 points.

Can't wait to see where they fall between 16 and 21 in the NFL's power rankings. How many spots will they be behind the Cowboys and Seahawks, two 1-1 teams that have allowed more points than they've scored? I say at least 10 places for both.

Country469

Dallas was the ****ing lols, but holy **** I needed Zeke points.,

Odell David Beckam Jr needs to get re hurt quick tonight so I can start 2-0 in all 3 ligs for the first time ever

3XC

Big Truss
One time I went with my friends band to one of their shows like 2 hours away. It was fun, we had like 3-4 carloads of friends, drove a couple hours up to Philly, drank some beers, and got to see a bunch of other bands play a festival type show outside on a perfect spring day.

So one of the bands that played before them was ok. Ok meaning they were a 4 piece with the best drummer I have ever seen, ever, in my life, and 3 other guys who probably had guitars or whatever. I didn't notice. I don't think anyone did.

This drummer was a lanky black guy, real young, who was 1/4 octopus. Dude had 4 arms. He must have. Not only was he technically awesome and visibly super skilled, but he was a showman. He played with flourish. Dude was swinging his long ass Dr. Octopus tentacle-arms up in the air, flipping his drum sticks, standing up to play and then throwing himself back down, he was freakin awesome. Great. Band got the longest ovation of the night, and I think they played 2/3 covers and their frontman had the charisma of a city bus stop.

Anyway, Aaron Rodgers is that drummer, and the Packers are his band, and they will never win another Super Bowl unless someone cleans house in their front office, fires every single person who ever made a personnel decision in the last 10 years, and replaces them with all new people that know what a defense is supposed to look like. The best personnel decision they've made recently was when the coaches put a WR in at running back because the 1st through 6th stringers were all hurt, oh, including like 2 draft busts and a 7th rounder they made the starter after everyone else was a bust.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
And now we also know enough about drumming we can not only assess talent, showmanship and skill but also technique

3XC

Big Truss
We haven't done of these in a while.

8:25 p.m. Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers (NFLN) LAR -2 I like LA to cover

9:30 a.m.* Baltimore Ravens at Jacksonville Jaguars (Local/Yahoo.com) BAL -3.5 Baltimore should hold the Jags to 12 or fewer points and cover
1:00 p.m. Cleveland Browns at Indianapolis Colts (CBS) CLE -1 Brissett looks good, Indy should win at home as a home dog.
1:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Steelers at Chicago Bears (CBS) PIT -7 45.5 Bell gets it going, Steelers by 20
1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphins at New York Jets (CBS) MIA -6 Trap game for Miami. I think the Jets cover but lose late.
1:00 p.m. Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills (CBS) DEN -3 Ditto, healthy home dogs, even though the spread is small, Buffalo will struggle to score. Denver is the 3rd best team in the AFCW but the 5th best team in the AFC and a top 10 team overall.
1:00 p.m. Houston Texans at New England Patriots (CBS) NE -13 NE blows the doors off Houston, will cover, could score 35+
1:00 p.m. New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers (FOX) CAR -6 Bad defense vs. bad offense, bad offense wins at home, but Saints cover.
1:00 p.m. Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Minnesota Vikings (FOX) OFF The rare pick em/no line because of Minnesota's QB issues. Bucs.
1:00 p.m. Atlanta Falcons at Detroit Lions (FOX) ATL -3 Lions come back to earth.
1:00 p.m. New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles (FOX) PHI -5.5 Eagles
4:05 p.m. Seattle Seahawks at Tennessee Titans (FOX) TEN -3 Tennessee
4:25 p.m. Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Chargers (CBS) KC -3 Chargers in my upset of the week.
4:25 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals at Green Bay Packers (CBS) GB -9 Even a wounded packers team should dispense with Cincy
8:30 p.m. Oakland Raiders at Washington Redskins (NBC) OAK -3 Raiders
Monday, Sept. 25
8:30 p.m. Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals (ESPN) DAL -3 Zona, maybe? Who cares.

3XC

Big Truss
I just realized I only picked 4 teams to cover and only one of them (SD) is not awful. I picked the Colts, Jets, and Bills. Oh and Arizona. Five.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I am thinking of going Indy in Survivor. Flag out and flying, **** safety.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
DKH4Te-WAAMueff.jpg

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
We haven't done of these in a while.

8:25 p.m. Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers (NFLN) LAR -2 I like LA to cover

9:30 a.m.* Baltimore Ravens at Jacksonville Jaguars (Local/Yahoo.com) BAL -3.5 Baltimore should hold the Jags to 12 or fewer points and cover
1:00 p.m. Cleveland Browns at Indianapolis Colts (CBS) CLE -1 Brissett looks good, Indy should win at home as a home dog.
1:00 p.m. Pittsburgh Steelers at Chicago Bears (CBS) PIT -7 45.5 Bell gets it going, Steelers by 20
1:00 p.m. Miami Dolphins at New York Jets (CBS) MIA -6 Trap game for Miami. I think the Jets cover but lose late.
1:00 p.m. Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills (CBS) DEN -3 Ditto, healthy home dogs, even though the spread is small, Buffalo will struggle to score. Denver is the 3rd best team in the AFCW but the 5th best team in the AFC and a top 10 team overall.
1:00 p.m. Houston Texans at New England Patriots (CBS) NE -13 NE blows the doors off Houston, will cover, could score 35+
1:00 p.m. New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers (FOX) CAR -6 Bad defense vs. bad offense, bad offense wins at home, but Saints cover.
1:00 p.m. Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Minnesota Vikings (FOX) OFF The rare pick em/no line because of Minnesota's QB issues. Bucs.
1:00 p.m. Atlanta Falcons at Detroit Lions (FOX) ATL -3 Lions come back to earth.
1:00 p.m. New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles (FOX) PHI -5.5 Eagles
4:05 p.m. Seattle Seahawks at Tennessee Titans (FOX) TEN -3 Tennessee
4:25 p.m. Kansas City Chiefs at Los Angeles Chargers (CBS) KC -3 Chargers in my upset of the week.
4:25 p.m. Cincinnati Bengals at Green Bay Packers (CBS) GB -9 Even a wounded packers team should dispense with Cincy
8:30 p.m. Oakland Raiders at Washington Redskins (NBC) OAK -3 Raiders
Monday, Sept. 25
8:30 p.m. Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals (ESPN) DAL -3 Zona, maybe? Who cares.

this weeks schedule sucks. is ATL-DET the best game?

3XC

Big Truss
That or Chiefs/Chargers. AFC West is super fun this year. The Chargers are the worst of those 4 teams, and if you could magically create a situation where they were also in the AFC South (two identical Chargers teams playing 2 schedules) they'd win that division. No doubt.