2017 Worth EST XL USSSA BP

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Big thanks goes out to the crew here at Softball Fans for getting me this baby to try out! Be sure to PM milocoman for an awesome price on this thing.

Pretty stiff barrel for a Worth, but hard to deny the performance of this thing. Holy smokes man!

nickham10

John Deere
Guys on my team were very impressed with this bat right out of the wrapper. Hot bat for sure. Personally I was impressed but swung light to me.

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
Any comparison to the Psycho? Seems like the same specs.... I have a Psycho and its lights out.. wondering if the EST has the same feel to it.

-G

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Guys on my team were very impressed with this bat right out of the wrapper. Hot bat for sure. Personally I was impressed but swung light to me.
Yeah man. Hardly took any time at all to get going.
Any comparison to the Psycho? Seems like the same specs.... I have a Psycho and its lights out.. wondering if the EST has the same feel to it.

-G

This is way stiffer than the psycho and I felt the endload on this was more pronounced.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
Have you swung the purcell legit? How does the EL of the est xl and purcell compare?

not to hijack an info thread, but the Purcell has a much more noticeable endload to it than the Comp EST XL. My 26oz Comp EST XL almost feels balanced in that weight. My 26oz Purcell feels close to a DC41 in EL

BigDawgz

Extra Hitter
not to hijack an info thread, but the Purcell has a much more noticeable endload to it than the Comp EST XL. My 26oz Comp EST XL almost feels balanced in that weight. My 26oz Purcell feels close to a DC41 in EL
that's a fair statement, swang a new dc and legit xxl both 27oz, they felt the same to me.

Rallycap

Star Player
This thing is berserk. Swung it a couple times this past weekend. End load is there, but it did not feel like a full oz. I say it's pretty close to the advertised 0.5 oz EL weighting.

hardhitten

Addicted to Softballfans
I have both in 27. This est scales at 26oz and phycho scales 26.5. Havent hit the est yet.

-G

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
This thing is berserk. Swung it a couple times this past weekend. End load is there, but it did not feel like a full oz. I say it's pretty close to the advertised 0.5 oz EL weighting.

Im not sure what you are referring to but this thread was talking about the est XL which only has a half ounce endload. The XXL has the full ounce.

Rallycap

Star Player
Im not sure what you are referring to but this thread was talking about the est XL which only has a half ounce endload. The XXL has the full ounce.

I guess I worded it poorly. People were commenting on how the end load felt on the XL Est, and specifically LSX Freak commented that he thought the end load felt more substantial than the Psycho (and both are advertised as 0.5 oz end loads). My assessment was that the XL Est felt accurate to its advertised 0.5 oz el and didn't feel heavier than that to me.

Last edited:

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
Well I bought in (literally and figuratively) to the hype and got a EST XL to go along with my Psycho. I can't imagine it being any hotter than my Psycho, but I am gonna find out.

-G

sosa2314

Laser show
I did the same. That KP Psycho is a special kind of fire. I hear the EST XL will be the same. We will find out in a few days....

D.Morton

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have a 27oz. they can scale? I had one and it felt ridiculously light so I threw it on the scale, 26.0oz. on the nose smh. Surely mine was mislabeled, figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

bbaum17

Starting Player
Anyone have a 27oz. they can scale? I had one and it felt ridiculously light so I threw it on the scale, 26.0oz. on the nose smh. Surely mine was mislabeled, figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

I have a 28oz that I scaled in the wrapper and it came in at 27.5oz. Compared to my 28oz DC41, it's almost a full ounce difference between the two bats.

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
Just a comment on the EST scale weight. I just received my utrip 26oz balanced EST and it scaled 25.2 without grip or wrapper. After replacing the grip with a vulcan .5 grip, it was 25.4. Seems like these ESTs are coming in lighter than the sticker weight. When dry swinging the EST, it did feel VERY light in comparison to my other worth/miken bats.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I will have to weigh my EST XXL 26 Oz but, it did not feel to EL or heavy, cant wait to find out. Now all I need is some batteries.... and my bat, LOL. Yikes, has it been hijacked again?

Rallycap

Star Player
Just a comment on the EST scale weight. I just received my utrip 26oz balanced EST and it scaled 25.2 without grip or wrapper. After replacing the grip with a vulcan .5 grip, it was 25.4. Seems like these ESTs are coming in lighter than the sticker weight. When dry swinging the EST, it did feel VERY light in comparison to my other worth/miken bats.

Similar experience here. I just got a 27 oz u-trip balanced EST. Took the wrapper and grip off and it weighed 25.9 oz! Put my GNR lite and overgrip on and then it settled at 26.5 oz.

sosa2314

Laser show
Im not one for scaling my bats, so I couldn't tell you what it actually weighs, but I purchased a 27 oz. It feels true to what it says to me, and I really liked the endload as I took a few dry swings in the house. To me, it feels like Mikens KP psycho but with an actual endload. I took it out to the park yesterday for some tee swings. Mixed bag of classic M and 52 core balls that have been hit for BP about a million times. The barrel was very stiff to start. At about 30 cuts it started to loosen up a bit. By about 70 I felt like she was game ready. There is a crisp feeling to the barrel, not as much flex as the mikens have in their barrels. The exit speed was very nice and I felt it was on par with anything out there this year that I have swung. All in all I really like it. Has a endload you can feel but isn't overly end heavy. Fits what I look for in an endload. Look forward to gaming it this weekend.

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea for what its worth, my balance feels like a true balanced 26oz but not like a worth.... my 9/11 freak-a-delic feels heavier and its a 25.5

sosa2314

Laser show
So I got to game the EST this weekend. Look, I hate being "That dude" that talks up bats like its the best thing since the invention of the wheel....but this bat is on fire. This WILL be my gamer.