2018 1799

chavist93

So happy to see this one in OT.

RB94fGD.png

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Bump...Has anyone had a chance to check out the new OT 1799 for 2018? If so, how does it (and the leather) compare to the SP125 in terms of thickness, build quality, etc.?

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
If I have time I'll swing by my local shop today check it out if they have one.

Cool thanks. Also thinking about the PRO1000SBF as an option...just want something to use as a softball utility glove. Don't get out much anymore but my Bryant is a little small for utility duty.

jethrodub

Coach
Anyone else bothered by the change at the base of the web? It just looks less clean to add those holes and have extra lace with another knot.

I wonder why they would have changed that?

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone else bothered by the change at the base of the web? It just looks less clean to add those holes and have extra lace with another knot.

I wonder why they would have changed that?

Me. The blonde 1799 that I had last year only had the one lace.

I think they changed it halfway through last year's model year as i've seen some of them and the HR13's with it and some without.

There was another thread discussing it I think it was something to do with saving lace...less scrap.

NYC

Swag on 100.
I've always heard about the 1799s notorious 6 loop handstall and it was always a deal breaker for me, but my rv23b has a huge handstall but the rest of the glove fits great. I think of the label side of the handstall is cut close to the heel side then the 6 loops shouldn't be an issue.

Party mafia

I've always heard about the 1799s notorious 6 loop handstall and it was always a deal breaker for me, but my rv23b has a huge handstall but the rest of the glove fits great. I think of the label side of the handstall is cut close to the heel side then the 6 loops shouldn't be an issue.
How are the finger stalls on your RV23b?

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
So I went to check this out today...it's a nice glove. Didn't love it though. Usually when I make a trip to look at a glove it comes home with me.

I don't actually mind the extra lace, but the grey logo and black lace combo...ugh. The person on IG that relaced in tan knew what they were doing.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
So I went to check this out today...it's a nice glove. Didn't love it though. Usually when I make a trip to look at a glove it comes home with me.

I don't actually mind the extra lace, but the grey logo and black lace combo...ugh. The person on IG that relaced in tan knew what they were doing.

I haven't had a chance to go look yet, but if you factor in the relace, you might as well just get a custom.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't had a chance to go look yet, but if you factor in the relace, you might as well just get a custom.

Yep especially up here in Canada there's a ~$50 difference between a retail a2000 and custom hoh.

I do like it though...and have no idea what leather I'd do on another hoh custom.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
It's going to look good with tan laces. While you're at it you can add an extra hole to tighten up that hand stall. It's super easy to do and you can get a leather hole punch from Amazon for like $10.

Legend 94

Addicted to Softballfans
Did you pick that up at HR Sports Mike? I missed out on your SP125 - keep me in mind when this one hits the market... LoL

Phantomblack

Addicted to Softballfans
I really dig the glove, but the extra knot on the web drives me nuts. I'm curious as to why they omitted it from the A2K version.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
has anyone tried relacing it using one piece of lace and just having the two strands of lace coming to that new knot cross each other and continuing to the base. Hard to explain but instead of a knot there, it would just be a piece of lace going out of the one hole and back in on the other side and one piece could just run underneath. It sounds like it would work, you wouldnt have a knot there, and the base would be just as sturdy.