2018 Border Battle

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Anyone know or “heard” if Worth will be releasing a Border Battle bat for the upcoming event in late July?

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Didn’t see anything when I looked at the Asa approved list 2 weeks ago, I think it’s Easton’s turn with the helmer lol, but a short barrel tweeked freak 23 would be cool

Last edited:

BOLTMAN21

Manager
I would imagine it'll be a "repaint" of this year's XL...
That would be a great thing right?? A super hot bat with a better looking paint job? (like last years BB vs the purple EST ;))

Didn’t see anything when I looked at the Asa approved list 2 weeks ago, I think it’s Easton’s turn with the helmer lol, but a short barrel tweeked freak 23 would be cool
Nooooooooo..:(. The Freak 23 ASA is not on par with the longer barrel's IMO....

jhsfive

Outstanding Mutha****er
Adrian,

I just saw a pic... don’t know how to load em.....

All red, w red grip and red Broncos logos all over it... hmm.

duffman99

It looks like the compression threshold for the 18 Legit USA is 1050, doesn't that mean it will be a short barrel? Looks like most of the longer barrel compression cutoffs are 1300 psi.

upload_2018-6-25_10-6-17.png

BOLTMAN21

Manager
You were right about the short barrel . Trying to upload the screen shot I took but go look on the Worth’s Facebook page. They made a post for it and it says #shortbarrel
You are correct. With an XL load. Kinda bummed. Considering the KP23 ASA was not as good as the long barrel stuff with inner barrel tech IMO.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
The miken looks cool and looks to be a long barrel super max, with the worth once they release the specs, handle etc, might be completely different than the kp23, the reviews on the 12” balance worth are pretty good, maybe this is just a .5 oz endload version of that

Last edited:

BOLTMAN21

Manager
The miken looks cool and looks to be a long barrel super max, with the worth once they release the specs, handle etc, might be completely different than the kp23, the reviews on the 12” balance worth are pretty good, maybe this is just a .5 oz endload version of that
12.5", Flex 50 handle, .5 EL. Def seems like the bal EST with .5 EL. Have heard good things on the short barrel balanced EST as well.

Guess the 13.5" ASA EST's and last years Border Battle will be the only Flex 100 handle options.

duffman99

12.5", Flex 50 handle, .5 EL. Def seems like the bal EST with .5 EL. Have heard good things on the short barrel balanced EST as well.

Guess the 13.5" ASA EST's and last years Border Battle will be the only Flex 100 handle options.

Does anyone know why only the Flex 100 handles have the rubber connection piece?

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Does anyone know why only the Flex 100 handles have the rubber connection piece?

Or why so few Flex 100 handle options??

Also why do the longer barrels have a higher compression cutoff? That would support my theory that the longer outside barrels with inner barrel tech flex more to allow ball to trampoline off inner barrel better. Any short barrels with inner barrel tech would need to be super thin and fragile outside, like a Monsta for example, to perform on par with the long barrel stuff. :confused:

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Also why do the longer barrels have a higher compression cutoff? That would support my theory that the longer outside barrels with inner barrel tech flex more to allow ball to trampoline off inner barrel better. Any short barrels with inner barrel tech would need to be super thin and fragile outside, like a Monsta for example, to perform on par with the long barrel stuff. :confused:

You are correct. So with the longer barrel there is more barrel flex allowing the inner barrel to work more therefore more exit speed. You gotta remember that the compression numbers are to show when a barrel begins to exceed 98 mph which is what ASA is based on. The shorter barrel does not flex as much therefore you do not get the full effect/ exit speed of the shorter barrel until it compression tests lower. That being said I heard that the short barreled Mikens/Worths are being retooled to compress lower out of the wrapper as well as have better durability than this year. Rumor is this border battle is the first one as such. Meaning...(and this is an example because I don’t know the real numbers) let’s say the long barrel hits 96 mph and tests at 1500 out of the wrapper and fails at 1300. The current short barrel tests at 1500 as well but only hits 94 mph and fails at 1050 before it exceeds 98. The next line I heard was going to hit equally the same mph but compressions may be different. So both would hit let’s say 96 mph but one would test 1500 out of the wrapper and the other tests 1200.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
You are correct. So with the longer barrel there is more barrel flex allowing the inner barrel to work more therefore more exit speed. You gotta remember that the compression numbers are to show when a barrel begins to exceed 98 mph which is what ASA is based on. The shorter barrel does not flex as much therefore you do not get the full effect/ exit speed of the shorter barrel until it compression tests lower. That being said I heard that the short barreled Mikens/Worths are being retooled to compress lower out of the wrapper as well as have better durability than this year. Rumor is this border battle is the first one as such. Meaning...(and this is an example because I don’t know the real numbers) let’s say the long barrel hits 96 mph and tests at 1500 out of the wrapper and fails at 1300. The current short barrel tests at 1500 as well but only hits 94 mph and fails at 1050 before it exceeds 98. The next line I heard was going to hit equally the same mph but compressions may be different. So both would hit let’s say 96 mph but one would test 1500 out of the wrapper and the other tests 1200.
Makes perfect sense. Maybe the outer barrel will be super flexy on this new Border Battle, and they tweak the inner barrel somehow to increase durability. If the Monsta owner can figure out how to get a 12.5 barrel to hit the LC balls that good Worth/Miken can.