For Sale 2018 Easton Line and SMU Possibility

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Easton is in the midst of re-organizing their slowpitch plans for next year. We are part of this plan and they are looking at the participating dealers to create exclusive bats to carry in addition to only one ASA and one USSSA stock model next year.

What do the forum guys need to see from Easton next year that they have not already seen? If we agree to an exclusive what do we need to make?

The new ASA model we have been testing and it is really good and should compete with the top bats out there. Has anyone else been able to hit it?

As far as the USSSA goes we are still testing but it seems to need some work.

If we hit these one weekend here who would be interested in coming out?

Do we do 13.5" barrel?
Endload?
Balanced?
Both?

If we did both associations with similar graphics would that be too confusing? Speaking of graphics what do you guys need to see that has not been done? The bright colors seem to have run out of steam.

We are in early stages of talking with them so would like to get some ideas and development started here. Feel free to chime in on anything you would like to see.

Thanks

jlee

Would like to see Easton bring a 13.5 barrel with a heavy end load or maybe a progressive end load.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Do the graphics similar to the Boss, black with a dark fade text. Sleek, simple, but bad ass looking...

I agree with all of these

12" barrel balanced
13.5 EL

Do something that Easton isn't doing.

Krush411

Manager
For Utrip do something revolutionary like a 16 inch barrel, add extra weight in handle for better moi and bat speed, make it true balanced like ppl have been wanting for years and make the handle have a very stiff feel with a really good tacky grip. That way with this bat you'll have the biggest sweet spot in the game, the best bat speed, and the best feel. Boom.

Jerrshoe

This sounds good to me. Do not do the tacky barrel and dark graphics like Boombah though. Looks bad once it gets scratched and dirty.

I agree...plus i'm still not sold on the tacky barrel = crazy ball spin argument just yet.

4xtra

Player/Coach
12 in TRULY balanced bats
Matte finishes
Bring back the CNT that test 275 NIW (CNT flex?)

I liked the IMX but make it 260-275 NIW
The IMX will stay above 220 for a while (IMX Flex?)

Last edited:

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
CNT, 13.5 bal similar to SCN9

or....

if you get to do exclusive, re-release the SCX3 and SCN3 but true to original specs, dual stamp less break in time.

but not how they re-released the flex in Canada that was just an imx bat and was usssa only.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
CNT, 13.5 bal similar to SCN9

or....

if you get to do exclusive, re-release the SCX3 and SCN3 but true to original specs, dual stamp less break in time.

but not how they re-released the flex in Canada that was just an imx bat and was usssa only.

Scn2 reissue with new stamp and in a 30 oz.:):)

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the ones that would be the most appealing that haven't been done in a while or never been done:

1. One piece long barrel USSSA similar to SN2 or SY100, even though it's not my cup of tea.

2. Short Barrel two piece Helmer USSSA with a heavy load similar to OG LV1 since the Vet and this years Helmer both had a lighter endload than years past.

3. Two piece short barrel Helmer ASA that is balanced or at least not a heavy load like they've had since the L3.0

A long barrel endload I don't think would sell well as a lot of people already have the black/chrome Helmer or Reckoning not to mention the Realtree and ASP LBE weren't really big sellers.

BTW I'd stick with the big bold bright colors. Hated them at first but kinda grew on me. Besides there's no better moment then seeing your first line of webbing show through on a bright neon Easton. And damn they are sexy when webbed beyond belief.

Last edited:

kgtjr07

28oz Wegman Nurple
1. 12 inch barrel
2. Exact replica of the og scx2 paint job i should add, not a reissue of old technology. The original synergy was a light grey-blueish shimmery color. Would like to see the og easton font back.
Easton-Synergy-SCX2-Composite-Slowpitch-Softball-Bat-34-_1.jpg
3. Have screw on end caps of different weights, comes with 1 and have to buy the other 2 of different weights.
4. Have screw on knobs of different weights as well, comes with 1 and have to buy the other 2 in different weights.
5. Bats could be easily checked if shaved or not, just take the cap off

Last edited:

Joker

1. 12 inch barrel
2. Exact replica of the og scx2, have to go back to the og easton font
3. Have screw on end caps of different weights, comes with 1 and have to buy the other 2 of different weights.
4. Have screw on knobs of different weights as well, comes with 1 and have to buy the other 2 in different weights.
5. Bats could be easily checked if shaved or not, just take the cap off
no

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it's close to other new brands that'll be a game changer to Easton who's been left behind as of late.