2019 Miken DC-41 ASA Review

houli

I got this bat last spring with only one week left in the season so didn't have many swings. Hit about 50 into the net over the summer and used it last night for our first games of fall ball. I hit a 315 homer in the first inning and 2 other guys on my team hit it out. We are a team that may get double digit homers in a season so 3 in a night is rare. Line drives and ground balls were screamers - lots of infield matadors.

Hot bat - that's my $0.02.

ShortYellowBus

I got this bat last spring with only one week left in the season so didn't have many swings. Hit about 50 into the net over the summer and used it last night for our first games of fall ball. I hit a 315 homer in the first inning and 2 other guys on my team hit it out. We are a team that may get double digit homers in a season so 3 in a night is rare. Line drives and ground balls were screamers - lots of infield matadors.

Hot bat - that's my $0.02.
Hot bat indeed.

Just out of curiosity; what is the weight of the DC41, what type of balls were you hitting and what bat did you use before switching to the DC41’s?

houli

I got the 27oz version. Can't recall exact versions of the old bats we used but most were Miken balanced or max load .... no supermax. A teammate just got the 26oz Miken Freak 20th Anniversary Maxload and it hit real well too .... has less swings so may not be broken in as much but nice pop.

Balls are Tattoo 52/300.

Kendo

What is a yellow Rogo??

Also, I recently hit a DC 41 and have been crushing the ball, great, great bat!!! I hit my first Grand Slam with it. The crazy part is I didn't feel like I got a great swing, but that ball freaking launched into the trees, probably 340ish ft.

Kendo

Here you go, bud.

[GALLERY=media, 33188]1AE45605-99CE-4038-99BF-C46C8C64E2FC by tonys1 posted Aug 28, 2019 at 1:56 PM[/GALLERY]
Am I really supposed to understand what a yellow Rogo is from a waded piece of paper? I guess I am a little slow today, I need another clue.

tonys1

[GALLERY=media, 33194]E5761625-9AA6-4C78-924A-7B85BA79545C by tonys1 posted Aug 28, 2019 at 8:40 PM[/GALLERY]

Hey everybody!!!

Got a question about Miken ASA bats. I am only used to their Utrip models and the way they swing. I just received an ASA Freak 14” Balanced in a 26oz. When i hold that bat, it feels way heavier and endloaded. Is that just an ASA thing with their Tetra Core stuff or did i just get a heavier bat then the sticker?

tonys1

Hey everybody!!!

Got a question about Miken ASA bats. I am only used to their Utrip models and the way they swing. I just received an ASA Freak 14” Balanced in a 26oz. When i hold that bat, it feels way heavier and endloaded. Is that just an ASA thing with their Tetra Core stuff or did i just get a heavier bat then the sticker?

Just sell it and get something good.

ShortYellowBus

I do want to clarify that I don’t have your swing and I can’t speak to Combats being inferior; that’s not what I’m here to do.

My reaction was due to the perceived complaining about a balanced 26oz bat being “too heavy”. To me that is “wow” inducing. Especially since it’s posted on a DC41 thread.

Perhaps not complaining, but the mere suggestion of it being too heavy makes me feel like the demographic is causing bat companies to react favorably to 24 and 23oz bats. When my swing wasn’t working, I didn’t switch to 27 or 26oz bats. I worked on my swing. And fixed it.

For all the guys who played with bats made of metal, that weighed up to 38oz to help us drive or push the ball...it’s difficult to accept.

Softball is not dead. It’s just not a sport anymore.

I do want to clarify that I don’t have your swing and I can’t speak to Combats being inferior; that’s not what I’m here to do.

My reaction was due to the perceived complaining about a balanced 26oz bat being “too heavy”. To me that is “wow” inducing. Especially since it’s posted on a DC41 thread.

Perhaps not complaining, but the mere suggestion of it being too heavy makes me feel like the demographic is causing bat companies to react favorably to 24 and 23oz bats. When my swing wasn’t working, I didn’t switch to 27 or 26oz bats. I worked on my swing. And fixed it.

For all the guys who played with bats made of metal, that weighed up to 38oz to help us drive or push the ball...it’s difficult to accept.

Softball is not dead. It’s just not a sport anymore.

I agree with you, and i dont plan on getting rid of it. But i tried out a DC-41 ASA model and it felt great, but this balanced version just feels heavy for being balanced. Still gunna put in the work to dial it in, just curious if anyone else had/has an ASA Miken/Worth they feel has way more endload then expected?

Kendo

I agree with you, and i dont plan on getting rid of it. But i tried out a DC-41 ASA model and it felt great, but this balanced version just feels heavy for being balanced. Still gunna put in the work to dial it in, just curious if anyone else had/has an ASA Miken/Worth they feel has way more endload then expected?

Correct me if I am wrong, but DC-41 has 1oz end load, not balanced?? I have a 26 and 27, with 27, once I start swinging, the bat follows through and swings itself. I like hitting the 26oz, if I start popping up I go to the 27, and will be hitting line drives (I am guessing I get a flatter swing??)

WarHorse

Star Player
Did they change the tech from the 2017+ versions? I feel like my 2016, 2017, and 2018 were the same bat.

Necroed because I'm curious.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Did they change the tech from the 2017+ versions? I feel like my 2016, 2017, and 2018 were the same bat.

Necroed because I'm curious.

2016 still used old tech. 2017 was the first year of the new ASA tech.

I do think the tech is very close to the same throughout the years. Just a touch of difference in feedback between the years and different models using the same tech, but that could be attributed to a lot of things I suppose. They’re all awesome performers though.

ShortYellowBus

Same bat.

I alternate between 17, 18 and 19. The 17 and 18 offered 30oz variants, so I use those bats almost exclusively.

I also have some lighter DC41’s for my team to use. My team loves them.

Bagz

Bang!!
The ASA DC41 of 2017 had the old style endcap and the flex joint/rubber cover at the handle to barrel connection is the biggest difference between 17, 18 and 19 models. The 18 &19 are almost identical in every aspect and I think they both out perform the 17 model in total distance. All 17-19 models are great bats for ASA play with 52/300 balls!

Last edited:

bguy40

I've been swinging for the Utrip and ASA DC-41 26oz for years. After about 150-200 hits, they're fire and make a really nice sound. Keep swinging, it only gets better! The 17-19 models absolutely smash the 52/300.

jhitman

I've been swinging for the Utrip and ASA DC-41 26oz for years. After about 150-200 hits, they're fire and make a really nice sound. Keep swinging, it only gets better! The 17-19 models absolutely smash the 52/300.

I agree. I've had DC41's for the last 4-5 years from the white one, Camo 2016 and 2 orange 2018's. Tried a lot of bats over the years and this is the best one for my swing right now. I guess there won't be anymore since DC has left Miken.

bguy40

I agree. I've had DC41's for the last 4-5 years from the white one, Camo 2016 and 2 orange 2018's. Tried a lot of bats over the years and this is the best one for my swing right now. I guess there won't be anymore since DC has left Miken.

They’ll just rebrand it something else