2019 Utrip Z5 EL

theripper

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone tried this bat? Just got it, and going for BP this week. I’m hoping it’s comparable to the Legault from last year (balanced vs slight EL of course).
We did a LS demo evening, and nobody touched it as it NIW where the others had many hits on them, so didn’t get to try it.
Just curious if anyone has any early reviews. One of the nicest looking bats out there for sure!
Thanks in advance.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Legault himself said he went to the Z5 from Z1000 this year for the 52cor ball performance (which we game up here in Canada mostly.)

Indicative of a softer barrel generally, or easier break in. Same reason Nautalai will be a huge hit here.

Z5 feels a little flexier than Z1000 handle wise. I personally found the barrels comparable, but felt a bit softer in Z5 when new and fresh out of wrap. Seemed to hit well. Very similar to OG Z3000 to me in terms of how the bat got around and flexed etc. But obv better out of wrap.

They weren't trumping my Demarini love, so I am a bit biased. But the Z5 got a lot of good reviews here. The Legault Z5 is just going to be the Bal version.

I found it interesting to see him switch. As he put up gross exit speed numbers with a midload Z1000 Canadian Exclusive. He insisted though that in his testing the Z5 put up the best numbers with the softer balls hence his decision to change to Z5 Bal as sig bat. (Saw his BP vids this week - He can hit it LOL but a tire iron would work for him too)

Take it FWIW. For me personally, if I had to swing LS - Would be Z1000 based on bat feel alone. Never liked Z3/4/5 bats.

Last edited:

SwingTheD206

Has anyone tried this bat? Just got it, and going for BP this week. I’m hoping it’s comparable to the Legault from last year (balanced vs slight EL of course).
We did a LS demo evening, and nobody touched it as it NIW where the others had many hits on them, so didn’t get to try it.
Just curious if anyone has any early reviews. One of the nicest looking bats out there for sure!
Thanks in advance.
My better half games the Z5 EL and she absolutely swears by it. She swings a 26oz and went back and forth between it and a 25.5oz Z5 PL before deciding to keep that as her backup. She swung the Z1000 Lloyd last year until the Stovall released, which is a midload.