2020 KP23

JN137

Anybody swing one yet? If so, how does it compare to the last few years?

I know, I know... they’re all repaints. But there’s no denying the manufacturing still differs from year to year. I loved the 16 and 17 F30s, hated the 18 F23 and was happier with the 19 F23 but still not super thrilled. The endload just seems off since the model name change

I’ve been trying to find a good replacement for my 2017 F30

AMLV4

I can confirm the '20 feels almost exactly the same as the '18 and '19, but I have never swung a F30, so I have no way to compare how they are in relation to that one...

JN137

I have the 2020 at home, just haven't swung it yet. But I believe the 20' to be slightly more end-loaded than the 18 and 19. 18 was a terrible end-load IMO, and the 19 seemed a little better to me.

I did the table top test this morning and the 2020 matches up almost identically to my F30, whereas my 2019 KP can go about 1/2" further than both before tipping.. which would tell me the new one has more end-load on it

riverwest25

Addicted to Softballfans
I found it interesting that KP himself liked the 18 kp23 as his favorite signature bat. He like it because it didn't have as much Endload. I didn't like it because it didn't have enough Endload. He did go on to say that his favorite bat of all time was the of Freak 12.

ShortYellowBus

I found it interesting that KP himself liked the 18 kp23 as his favorite signature bat. He like it because it didn't have as much Endload. I didn't like it because it didn't have enough Endload. He did go on to say that his favorite bat of all time was the of Freak 12.
Kyle Pearson; ironic. He doesn’t like endload bats, but his favorite bat is an endloaded bat.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's the first one with his name on it. I'd be partial to that one too. I bet he remembers all the good and none of the bad of that year.

basilray

Held a UTrip KP23 today. It felt very midloaded. Was still in the wrapper, and I was deciding whether I wanted to go w/ that or the DC41.

Opted to go DC

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
I just swung a buddy's 19 KP23 tonight. Hated it! Now I usually swing 27-27.5 with 1ozEl or heavy 0.5oz. And this was a 26. So keep that in mind. But it felt balanced to me and nothing like my old freak 30! I couldn't feel ANY EL. He also had a new 19 worth est xl reload in 26.5oz. You could feel the EL in it. I expected them to feel similar but the KP felt like a toothpick compared to the worth. Just my experience. If I was buying a kp23 I would buy up an oz!

basilray

I was looking to pick up a bat locally, and dude had this year's KP23 and DC41 NIW. I held both.

The KP23 definitely "felt" midload.
The DC41 felt like it had some EL.

dunkky

19 kp23, i don't care what anyone said, especially if it's 26oz, you will not feel endload, period.
i swung 28oz and didn't feel dc type of endload, and imagine it's 26oz? Nope.

you really wanna feel endload? go with FF2 10inch. it will absolutely smash the balls and you will feel the endload. the bat will do the all the work.. lol

superfli18

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been looking at those and the freak primo supermaxx. How do the 10" do with compression? We get tested once a month.

T Dot

Extra Hitter
What the difference between the KP23 vs a Primo Supermax? Or a Freak30 for that matter?

thanks in advance

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
KP23 is a maxload 1/2 ounce, same as a F30. Supermax is 1 full ounce.

Miken

Maxload = 1/2 oz., Supermax = Full oz.

Worth

XL = 1/2 oz., XXL = Full oz.

-G

T Dot

Extra Hitter
so in reality its just difference paint schemes? and they maybe have very few models (I am guessing 5: 12in/maxload, 12in/supermax, 14in/balance, 14in/maxload, 14in/supermax) regardless of year - does this sound about right?

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
Of course a DC41 is going to feel more endlaoded than a KP23 because IT HAS TWICE THE ENDLAOD.
KP23 = .5 ounce load.
DC41 = 1 ounce load.