2021 USA Nihilist/Juggy

Joker_24

Star Player
Making switch back to Demarini, I like a 12" endloaded bat. Anyone swung both? Full oz el? Any opinions on which is better? Trying to decide between USA Nihilist and ASA/USA 2021 Juggy.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
That I guess I wasn't too concerned with, just mainly looking for weighting info and which bat people are preferring.
There is not much I've read about how much el in the usa nihilist but i beleive the 12" usa/asa is .5oz, not sure on the juggys, in the past juggys they were (imo) .5oz el, thought i read somewhere that the more recent ones have more el than past models

Oh and preferences would depend on whether or not you'd prefer inner barrel tech or stacked dblwall

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I've always had good results with my juggys of past although i have yet to swing a more recent model since i sold my 15 juggy when i switched to my 15 usam

Joker_24

Star Player
There is not much I've read about how much el in the usa nihilist but i beleive the 12" usa/asa is .5oz, not sure on the juggys, in the past juggys they were (imo) .5oz el, thought i read somewhere that the more recent ones have more el than past models

Thanks, was hoping EL means a full oz. I have swung a J2 Fly swatter, J3 and Future(white/ green). I always liked the weighting of those, never really tried any flippers and mercys were to light balanced

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I tried the first juggy ovl that came out, red one, wasn't a big fan of it
I never did try any of the ovl but have read that they did take some work to get going and as with so many other bats and opinions some liked them some didn't

Joker_24

Star Player
I never did try any if the ovl but have read that they did take some work to get going and as with so many other bats and opinions some liked them so didn't

I guess intriguing part for my on 2021 nihilist and juggy and 12" barrel and labeled as EL. Just trying to figure out which to pick, im sure can't go wrong with either one.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess intriguing part for my on 2021 nihilist and juggy and 12" barrel and labeled as EL. Just trying to figure out which to pick, im sure can't go wrong with either one.
I also prefer 12" barrel.. i have not pulled the trigger on a 12" nihilist cuz i have yet to find out definitively how much el it actually has.. .5 works for me 1oz just doesn't seem to work for me

Joker_24

Star Player
I also prefer 12" barrel.. i have not pulled the trigger on a 12" nihilist cuz i have yet to find out definitively how much el it actually has.. .5 works for me 1oz just doesn't seem to work for me

I have one showing up Tuesday, just found a deal on one and my curiosity made me pull the trigger. I'll let you know what I think, I swung an anarchy amped this past year and I really liked the end load as it was a full oz. I'll compare the 2 and let you know.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I have one showing up Tuesday, just found a deal on one and my curiosity made me pull the trigger. I'll let you know what I think, I swung an anarchy amped this past year and I really liked the end load as it was a full oz. I'll compare the 2 and let you know.
Good thing about this time of year is prices going down . Yes plz lmk what you think

ShortYellowBus

Amped is about three quarters and not a full ounce. Db44 nihilist is a full ounce plus. USA nihilist endload is just under a half ounce endload.

Juggy OVL was trash, worst bat ever.

What kind of balls do you hit? That’s more important to know.

The USAM you’re swinging has the inner barrel tech and will perform better with 52’s. So if you’re happy not swinging a Juggy since the 2015 you sold, why go back?

And the only reason to keep swinging juggies is because you hit harder balls. If you’re hitting with 52’s, stop using juggies. You can hit them, but it takes forever to break in to match the performance you get right away with non-linear bats.

If you enjoyed the Amp, keep swinging it.

I like the Db44 over all the anarchies. I typically swing 30oz bats so the endload is not a problem for me. After 200 swings, the db44 nihilist is fantastic!

Last edited:

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Quite honestly my juggy was performing very good with 52's at the time back then i was having issues with my swing and looking back for whatever reason the juggy (26oz) became too lite for me/my swing (yes weird) i came across a couple 15 usam and it kinda help me get past my issues back then.. i only look to swing other bats cuz i (as so many of us) are just funny that way with wanting/trying/having more bats than what we need lol

I doubt that the usa/asa nihilist will perform much better than my 15 usam as i have aproxx 5/6000 swings on it, its been a team bats since day one. I realize bats of today break in faster but performance can not get (better) all of that is just in the mind imo

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
And the USA nihilist endload is barely endloaded. It felt like a touch, but not a full half ounce.

Just a heads up.

I agree mine is a 26 and barely any endload, I got this in may and haven’t hit it since June, about 100 cuts and put it away, feels like a well broken aftermath out of the wrapper, this has been only with a tee, haven’t played at all in Cali this year and I wouldn’t hit anything but 52’s, I got some webbing at the handle/barrel connection, I feel with the new inner barrel design they sacrificed the aftermath durability, just seems/sounds a bit fragile, ss is kinda of small, I prefer my worth border battle 12.5 and krecher over this, but without some games on it etc, I’m not ready to give up on it

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Another el demarini to hit 52’s, is the iconic, 26.5 and 27.5 have 3/4 to full oz endload, 13” barrel aftermath tech, and handle feels like closer to a 14/15 juggy/ insane

Joker_24

Star Player
I'll see what I think when usa nihilist shows up, I generally know based on feel before I take the wrapper off. So may just resell right away or try trading for Juggy. To answer the anarchy amped question, I try to steer clear of being a follower...haha, same reason I didn't swing monsta. I was always more of a Worth guy personally, but wanting to give Demarini another try before I go back to one. USA Legit was a great at bat and so was the EST XXL, also really liked the Freak primo supermax

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll see what I think when usa nihilist shows up, I generally know based on feel before I take the wrapper off. So may just resell right away or try trading for Juggy. To answer the anarchy amped question, I try to steer clear of being a follower...haha, same reason I didn't swing monsta. I was always more of a Worth guy personally, but wanting to give Demarini another try before I go back to one. USA Legit was a great at bat and so was the EST XXL, also really liked the Freak primo supermax
I happen too have a 26oz primo 12 supermax with minimal swings on it.. possibly we can work something out if you dont like the nihilist ;)

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Another el demarini to hit 52’s, is the iconic, 26.5 and 27.5 have 3/4 to full oz endload, 13” barrel aftermath tech, and handle feels like closer to a 14/15 juggy/ insane
I've been slowly working on my 25.5 iconic only approx 30/40 swings on it most were bp just before spring this year, 4 or 5 game swings

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree mine is a 26 and barely any endload, I got this in may and haven’t hit it since June, about 100 cuts and put it away, feels like a well broken aftermath out of the wrapper, this has been only with a tee, haven’t played at all in Cali this year and I wouldn’t hit anything but 52’s, I got some webbing at the handle/barrel connection, I feel with the new inner barrel design they sacrificed the aftermath durability, just seems/sounds a bit fragile, ss is kinda of small, I prefer my worth border battle 12.5 and krecher over this, but without some games on it etc, I’m not ready to give up on it
How would you compare the el on this vs el on 15 usam

jkwoody22

League ball huer
I had the org USA 14 27oz and it felt close to an ounce, the 17 USA in 26oz I had felt like the nihilist, maybe a half ounce, the 17 and the nihilist feel like the same exact bat, now the 15 I never had, but I believe was just a repaint of the limited 14 release

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes i believe the first one out was considered their bb edition and the 15 was same bat without the red with blue paint

UncleMosk

Yes i believe the first one out was considered their bb edition and the 15 was same bat without the red with blue paint

Had the DB Nihilist and still have the OG Gold one. The DB definitely was more Endloaded about an ounce and for me took some time to get going. Did unload it recently due to having too many tools in the shed.

Joker_24

Star Player
So BP Hero states this 2021 Juggy is really whippy in the handle. Last juggy I actually swung was J2 FS and J3 and then that red OVL, none of them seemed like handle were that whippy, unless I just didn't notice it that much. Is it really that bad in the new model or just try it and see type thing?

jkwoody22

League ball huer
The review from him I saw said the handle was stiff, with feedback, compared to the older models, it’s aluminum, so it should be stiff, the j3/4/5 and og where composite and had some flex

Joker_24

Star Player
The review from him I saw said the handle was stiff, with feedback, compared to the older models, it’s aluminum, so it should be stiff, the j3/4/5 and og where composite and had some flex

Yep, guess I wasn't paying enough attention, I assumed when he did the doorstop thing he was referencing the one he was swinging