247 - Bat shell number?

226z

Addicted to Softballfans
I was reading on here where a few ppl had said the tape around the handle on newer model Miken bats with the three digit number on it indicates the shell model each bat is...Is this true, and if so, does anyone know what shell a 247 number is? A friend of mine had an ASA recoil a few weeks ago and it had 247 on the tape under the grip but I had read on here where someone said ASA recoils are 235, so now I'm curious as to what 247 is...Anyone have any idea? Thanks...

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
It's probably just a later ASA Recoil. The paint and graphics on a Recoil is too difficult to easily replicate (translucence and fade effects) with passable accuracy to make it a common occurrence. I know it happens, but it's among the less common because it's so easily spotted...compounded by the fact that the only bats that match the Recoil shape are ASA or USSSA, and there's less incentive to cheat when you can't go really big with it.

grizzwint

Addicted to Softballfans
i dont think the numbers mean the shell model. i have 3 asa recoils with 236,234 and 232 and a usssa with 231

226z

Addicted to Softballfans
Hmmm......that's what I was wondering when I read the thread where ppl were saying it was shell numbers. I didn't think they were either, but didn't and don't know what they mean. I kind of figure it may just be a batch number or something but all those different numbers means they're for sure not shell numbers. No way there would be different numbers if that's what they are...Still makes me curious what they are and why they quit putting manufacture dates on them...