250 tourney???

BigNate76

Starting Player
Playing in a 250 unlimited hrs (anything over 300 is a out) yesterday and one of our players hits one to right field that hits the top of the 250' fence and bounces over the 300' fence and the ump calls him out! WTF has this ever happen to anyone else

Joker

WTF is right

1. what is a 250 tourney?
2. there are 2 fences?
3. why is over 300' an out?
4. a ball bounced 50' off the top of a fence?

SacBunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I've played in a few 250 tourneys and they're fun as heck. A 50' foot bounce off the top of a fence? Never heard of that.

BigNate76

Starting Player
benefit tourney yes there are two fences not sure why it is an out over 300 I guess to see who has depth control, and yea it bounced 50+ feet it was pretty crazy

bigtisme

Manager
250 shootouts seems fairly common in the winter months around OK and TX areas. Its sorta a just for fun thing i think.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
I would kill in this type of tournament with my warning track power.

I think 80% of the guys on here would love that kind of tournament:rolleyes:. I would like to see one where they have the standard 300 foot fence and then a fence at 340 feet. If you hit it over the 340 fence you're homerun runs double (i.e. 2-run homerun is worth 4 runs)

Last edited:

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
WTF is right

1. what is a 250 tourney?
2. there are 2 fences?
3. why is over 300' an out?
4. a ball bounced 50' off the top of a fence?

I've played in a tourney the last few years on an old modified field. First year it was unlimted HR's and 7 doubles. There was a second fence. at about 280ish feet. Second year was reversed. It's an interesting wrinkle. The other field used was open, but there is a road around 300'.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
OK has a 250 season......qualifiers and states. Some VERY good players come from surrounding areas to play in them as well and it gets quite competitive......it's almost impossible to hit a 270 foot fly ball when that's what you're trying to do

Chowder

Addicted to Softballfans
Get a HAMMER and swing away.

I've heard of 1 or 2 of these tournaments around here, but I've never wanted to play in them. This game already caiters enough to the guys that can't hit homeruns, this just amplifies the gayness!

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Playing in a 250 unlimited hrs (anything over 300 is a out) yesterday and one of our players hits one to right field that hits the top of the 250' fence and bounces over the 300' fence and the ump calls him out! WTF has this ever happen to anyone else

i feel sorry for your mother.....