27.5 USSSA Reckoning review

dpadan17

Will play for beer!!!!!
Well, I have about 100 swings on this now and it is starting to open up nicely. Had it tested and surprisingly enough the guy stopped the tester after it flew by 260. So about the failing in 50 swings.....maybe a fluke? I haven't heard anything local about durability issues. It seems I'm the only one around in my area with one.

As for performance, it just keeps getting better. Can't wait to get about 250 swings on it and see what it can do when it really opens up.

bomber20

Addicted to Softballfans
I put about 25 swings on my 26.5 yesterday. Hitting only classic M's. I really wasn't sure what to expect. Holy hell!! Easily the hottest easton out of the wrapper ive ever swung. Was getting good distance & it feels great. Really hope it last for a while. I feel really good about purchasing one.

KinGClowN

Half Man Half Amazing
I'm sure there's always a fluke bat that fails too fast, but it's the internet so one person says it happens and then the whole world starts asking questions saying they've seen people post about bats failing everywhere with 50 swings. And then the end of the world ensues.

chirotob

Ok, so here's an update:

My Reckoning now has exactly 85 swings on it.

We were hitting at the same school, but on a different field, as shown in the picture below. Temp was about 80 degrees, using a mix of mushy 2-3yr old classic m's.

674C64A0-FED8-4551-ABBE-0AEFC831E600_zpscntcapqd.png

This time, a few of the bigger hitters on my team were swinging the bat and they were consistently pelting the school in center field. This bat was easily keeping up with a 27oz 2016 Connell Legit with the same amount of swings. In terms of compression, I did not take it to my league office for testing, however nobody swinging it felt as if the bat was fully broken in or that it felt much different than a fully broken in OG Syn+. I have a feeling that those who are saying the bat is failing that quickly are swinging them on rocks or have gotten a fluke bat that failed quickly.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Ok, so here's an update:

My Reckoning now has exactly 85 swings on it.

We were hitting at the same school, but on a different field, as shown in the picture below. Temp was about 80 degrees, using a mix of mushy 2-3yr old classic m's.

674C64A0-FED8-4551-ABBE-0AEFC831E600_zpscntcapqd.png

This time, a few of the bigger hitters on my team were swinging the bat and they were consistently pelting the school in center field. This bat was easily keeping up with a 27oz 2016 Connell Legit with the same amount of swings. In terms of compression, I did not take it to my league office for testing, however nobody swinging it felt as if the bat was fully broken in or that it felt much different than a fully broken in OG Syn+. I have a feeling that those who are saying the bat is failing that quickly are swinging them on rocks or have gotten a fluke bat that failed quickly.
Legits fail quick too. If it's keeping up with a legit it's gotta be as close to failing in compression I would imagine.

My watermelon is just above failing after less than 50 swings.

Ballisttic

Star Player
I put about 25 swings on my 26.5 yesterday. Hitting only classic M's. I really wasn't sure what to expect. Holy hell!! Easily the hottest easton out of the wrapper ive ever swung. Was getting good distance & it feels great. Really hope it last for a while. I feel really good about purchasing one.

I wish i had a quarter for everytime someone on SBF said this about a new easton bat lol.

I would have enough money coming to me to pay off my paypal for all the easton turd ferguson sig series bats i wasted my internet money on.

KinGClowN

Half Man Half Amazing
I have a 26.5 and 27.5, the 27.5 was 295 in the wrapper. I am going to take the 26.5 when I get it and let people swing them all day at the tourney on Saturday to demo. I'll test them at the end of the day to see where they are at with an estimated swing count.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
I wish i had a quarter for everytime someone on SBF said this about a new easton bat lol.

I would have enough money coming to me to pay off my paypal for all the easton turd ferguson sig series bats i wasted my internet money on.

Well it has been true that they have been making them more and more hot out of the wrapper starting in 2012.

anthony5910

Addicted to SBF
Got My Dual Stamp in last night didn't really use it but I am planning on getting some hits with it tonight.

BigDawgz

Extra Hitter
I'm thinking of getting a dual stamp and the compression testing from the smash it video looks very promising for a hot bat

camjo23

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 26.5 and 27.5, the 27.5 was 295 in the wrapper. I am going to take the 26.5 when I get it and let people swing them all day at the tourney on Saturday to demo. I'll test them at the end of the day to see where they are at with an estimated swing count.

My Reckoning tested over 300....which from what I've heard is where most of them are testing at....the ones testing 260 in the wrapper must be demos...It felt like last years Realtree out of the wrapper....TURD!

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
My Reckoning tested over 300....which from what I've heard is where most of them are testing at....the ones testing 260 in the wrapper must be demos...It felt like last years Realtree out of the wrapper....TURD!
We are learning to never trust the compression tests you see on facebook. Those are skewed to make things look hotter than they are.

anthony5910

Addicted to SBF
Finally swung my Reckoning in BP and game. Initially I am not very impressed but after reading more about them I am going to give it plenty of time to break in just like the Helmer. Hopefully will start to open up.

codyp333

Addicted to Softballfans
Just got mine Saturday.niw I will test the compression with pics before and after I Bp. Will try and get some video as well. Prob today or Wednesday

Yatzeelogoz

Stop it Stoopit

My reckoning ua far from a turd. I have a dual stamp with under 75 swings and it hits both balls well sb12 and classic M

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
I have a 26 Helmer Flex U haven't got to Bp it yet but last night after league I hit about 20 ball just out of my hand and wasn't overly impressed. Gotta hit some live pitches and open it up to get a better feel for it . Ball came off well and felt good but the barrel felt stiff to me like a torq response wise . I was hitting thunder advance classic ms . I have no access to compression testing . Sweet spot felt small. If the bats loosens up as quick as people say I expect this bat to improve but maybe my expectations were too high but I expected more trampoline feel than the stiffness I felt .

codyp333

Addicted to Softballfans
I am 5'-11" 215 and can rake... I have a 25.5oz reckoning usssa and I have to say out of the wrapper the weighting feels like a 26oz st100 but breaks in way quicker. Bat had a kinda mikenish sound at first but at about 40 the sound had already changed. It was really good out of the wrapper with good exit speed and distance and had no problem clearing 300' fence from the go. I am also a big combat fan and if I were to guess its a Easton shell with a combat sleeve. I have a couple combats and all are game ready with in 100 hits or so. I have never had an Easton break in this fast and would have no problem gaming it with around 120 hits and have no doubt I can put way more bp hits on it and still test good. Now do I think it's as hot as a combat, miken or worth at this point no but it's right there with them. I'm not worried about hitting 400' after 100 hits, I'd rather have a bat that feels good in my hands.if I were to guess I would say the bat testing at 275-260 would be an accurate reading and I am very impressed with what Easton has done here. It's a great bat and was well worth the $250 price tag. I will keep updating and will have it compression tested Tomorrow. We hit a mix of balls 44/400,44/375,52/300 and hit all balls well the balls are old but that helps me gage the bat even better. If you are an Easton fan and loved the 2012 line then you will definitely like this. I would also like to add I have a 16 helmer black and gold with about 400 hits on it and it already out hits that. Not saying the helmer is bad but the reckoning just feels better in my hands.

WillW3

Starting Player
I am 5'-11" 215 and can rake... I have a 25.5oz reckoning usssa and I have to say out of the wrapper the weighting feels like a 26oz st100 but breaks in way quicker. Bat had a kinda mikenish sound at first but at about 40 the sound had already changed. It was really good out of the wrapper with good exit speed and distance and had no problem clearing 300' fence from the go. I am also a big combat fan and if I were to guess its a Easton shell with a combat sleeve. I have a couple combats and all are game ready with in 100 hits or so. I have never had an Easton break in this fast and would have no problem gaming it with around 120 hits and have no doubt I can put way more bp hits on it and still test good. Now do I think it's as hot as a combat, miken or worth at this point no but it's right there with them. I'm not worried about hitting 400' after 100 hits, I'd rather have a bat that feels good in my hands.if I were to guess I would say the bat testing at 275-260 would be an accurate reading and I am very impressed with what Easton has done here. It's a great bat and was well worth the $250 price tag. I will keep updating and will have it compression tested Tomorrow. We hit a mix of balls 44/400,44/375,52/300 and hit all balls well the balls are old but that helps me gage the bat even better. If you are an Easton fan and loved the 2012 line then you will definitely like this. I would also like to add I have a 16 helmer black and gold with about 400 hits on it and it already out hits that. Not saying the helmer is bad but the reckoning just feels better in my hands.
That's a hell of an intro..

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
Now do I think it's as hot as a combat, miken or worth at this point no but it's right there with them.

Lol, you said hot as a COMbat.....you're adorable. COMbats are good for hard balls maybe. Don't see a lot of combat swingers around me clearing the fence. J/S....maybe u have different success with a polished turd.