27oz. Z2000 Review

06redralli

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok here goes my review of the u-trip z2000 that I was part of the demo group.

I got it from SwinginDemon still in the wrapper, so like a little kid I was thrilled I was the first one to open this bat and get to swing it.

Wrapper off, began to hit some balls. It was a little slow to me to get to hitting some good shots, at about 75 hits in I noticed it opened up a little more.

Me being 5'6" and 150lbs I'm no ball masher, I'm a line drive hitter and use my speed to get around the bases so that's what I judge my hitting off of when I swing a new bat, is it a good base hitting bat that comes off fast and can cause issues for those trying to field the ball.

Now that we know what I like in a bat here's my input:

Majority of my hits were very hard and on the ground. Hit a few nice line drives over second base well out of reach of anyone playing that position. Oh by the way I'm a lefty so it's normal. I'd say fresh out the wrapper I had some doubts it was going to be a hot bat, but once it started opening up I did notice it was putting the balls through the infield pretty nicely. I have no doubt once it's broken in, it'll be like all z's I've hit and they get stupid hot. I can say I enjoyed this bat, the graphics are awesome, and the 27oz. balanced has a very nice feel in your hands.

Last edited:

single wally

Professional Amateur
Nice review. I wonder how much more it will open up b/c my 2011 Z was pretty close to peak performance right out of the wrapper. I remember saying to myself, "damn, this will get illegal if it opens up more" after my first BP. It continued to kill the ball, especially 52 cors, but after a few hundred hits did not get noticeably better. Again, still was a great bat, it just didn't really show any difference from hit 1 to hit 300.

06redralli

Addicted to Softballfans
^ I feel the opposite I guess. My 2011 z has around 500 hits on it, and just about the last 100 or so it's been shooting rockets out of it. It's gotten wayyyyy hot, I noticed that since it's started webbing a little bit that's when it's been it's hottest. I thought it was hot before but now it's just crazy. So I'm not sure if that's how the utrip z2000 will be but that's how my 2011 is.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Could be the difference between the ASA and the Utrips. The Utrip Zs have to be pretty close to 120 bpf out of the wrapper, so I don't think they can get much hotter with extra swings. Maybe it's different with the ASAs but they have that internal device that limits barrel compression.

06redralli

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh ya I'm aware of the discs in the barrel. The utrip to me just needed a tab more breaking and I'm sure it'll hit harder.

jaydubya

Z1000 Land
Can't wait to swing them! My 2011 EL Z kept getting hotter, and hotter and hotter. It is crazy hot right now and you can always hear the guys in the other dugout questioning it. By far my favorite bat in a while...besides my Cartel :)

SwinginDemon

Louisville Loyalist
These Z-2000 are a little different. They aren't at it's hottest point right out of the wrapper. They get significantly hotter after 50-100 or so swings. A trade off I am more than happy with to improve the durability like they did.

Robby123

My 11 Utrip Z is webbed and on fire. Hit a few with it in bp just to keep the feel and heard a strange noise(like when a bat breaks). Saw no signs of anything wrong and hit a few more and it sounded and hit fine. Dunno maybe it was the ball but absolutely no more bp. Least I gotta receipt...maybe it will turn into one of these Z2000s

Dysh8

The Veteran
my 11 Utrip Z is ridonkulous right now. It was hot out of the wrapper, but now with probably 500+ hits it is just insane. Id swing it in derbies over cut bats. Going to be a bitter sweet day when it finally breaks and I get to send it in for a z2k

Luda1468

Addicted to Softballfans
I have an 11 asa balanced Z that a friend recomended to me. It was hot right out of the wrapper but now with 400-500 hits its started to wobble and just hitting ridiculous line drives. I want to try the z2k but I dont really want my z1000 to break quite yet.