28oz J3U Review

Addicted to Softballfans
First off, I have about 500 hits on the J3U. Still has the J2U ping from time to time when I miss the sweetspot but the .44/375's have still been flying out.

I finally hit on a 300' field, we had a good wind blowing in from left my guess would be 15mph with gusts in the 20's. Before our game I hit two out in LC, 4 that were off the fence, and 3 more one hoppers in BP. During the tournament I hit two out in Center field and another in RC. Four man outfield and had a few gappers in center and 3 more gappers between RC and R. I chased one outside pitch but I was under it for a foul ball out. Only out I made the whole tournament :)

All in all, the distance is there with the 28oz J3U. Not gonna estimate the distance because of the wind's affect on the ball but two shots in LC and two more in center field against a wind blowing in from Left should indicate that the Dudley Thunder SY's were flying.

Never posted video before but I'm planning on recording tonight's BP if I can get a diamond at Star of the West complex in Rapid City, S.D. (a little help and I will post some footage).

By the way, where would be the best spot to put the camcorder? Behind home plate, showing LC? That's where most of my BP hits are.

Last edited:

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok, never video'd BP except from directly across from the hitter so they could see their swing.

Addicted to Softballfans
Unfortunately, when I finally made it to the complex, the only diamond that wasn't being used had the lights turned off last night. It was nice last night too, 75 degrees and just a slight, hardly noticeable breeze. Don't know when I'll get to post a video but I will when I get a chance.