32" softball bat

23hitman23

Addicted to Softballfans
My brother is playing in a league and is using a 32" 28oz bat, but says its so worn that he doesnt even know the manufacturer. Does anyone know of 32" thats not meant for fastpitch and approved for USSSA?

23hitman23

Addicted to Softballfans
He doesnt.... he said it was 32" and i couldnt find any that wasnt fast pitch. Thats why i was asking.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt there's a 32" 28 oz. fastpitch bat out there. That's a crazy combo. That's closer to baseball bat dimensions. If you need a thumbprint, I doubt you'll find that combo.

23hitman23

Addicted to Softballfans
Thats what i thought too with that weight as well. Not looking for one...just trying to figure out what the heck he is swinging.

MaverickAH

You say that the bat is so worn that no markings are discernible?

Educated guess.........

It's probably a single wall alloy bat. There were metal slow pitch bats of that weight/length combo back in the 70's & 80's. There were also fast pitch bat with that combo as well. If I had to guess on the brand my 1st guess would be Power-Flite or maybe a Bombat.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
I'd guess the bat is a total POS regardless. Tell him to stop being a cheap bastard and spend $100 on whatever's on sale at SBF.

FatBoy28

SBF is a cruel Mistress
post a pic ... you'll probably find out all you need to know, and some you don't, right here in no time.