USSSA 3M Super 77 Adhesive spray

jloamerex

<font color="#FF0000">tell ur mom hi 4 me</font>
Is there an actual place in the rule book that says this spray is not allowed at all in Utrip? I used it JUST for the handle and our league director said that in the utrip rule book it states that we CANNOT use any adhesives at all.

oryansirishpub

No hope remains
Is there an actual place in the rule book that says this spray is not allowed at all in Utrip? I used it JUST for the handle and our league director said that in the utrip rule book it states that we CANNOT use any adhesives at all.

I play Utrip and use 3M Super 77 all the time....never had an umpire say a thing bout it.....sounds like a made up rule by the LD

chiefgator

Crafty Veteran

This is yet another example of USSSA leaving something to the judgement of the umpire. There is nothing in the rulebook that SPECIFICALLY mentions pine tar and the like.

I have heard of Umps arguing that pine tar and substances like that falls under:
ALTERED BAT is one that has had its physical structure changed, including, but not limited to:

3. The bat has had anything removed or added or inserted to the inside or outside of the bat other than tape at the handle or knob. Other examples of an altered bat would be changing or replacing manufacturers’ markings or replacing the handle of the metal bat with a wooden handle. Replacing the safety grip with another safety grip is not considered altering a bat.

Personally, I have never said a word about a bat, no matter how much tar etc was on the handle. On the barrel, now that is a different story.

VF500Racer

Addicted to Softballfans
You won't see me say anything unless it's on the barrel.
It's kind of noticeable to have a glistening or
very shiny bat coming into the box on a night game.