.40 / 375 lbs balls in our league

troy111

Hi everyone,

I play in a league that uses .40 / 375lbs balls. I can't seem to find much in terms of what bats are ideal for these types of balls. Does anyone have any recommendations?

troy111

Thanks for this - it doesn't seem like a very popular type of ball, so I've been having a hard time finding something that is recommended for it

j-bomber55

Addicted to Softballfans
Demarini softballfans cl22, mercy,juggy, insane, j3a those are just a few that killed those balls. Any of the eastons l3,4,6 hit um. I'd stay away from the demarini aftermaths.

tonys1

Thanks - what's wrong with the AM? I recently bought it, is your comment based on experience with it?

Ballisttic

Star Player
Hi everyone,

I play in a league that uses .40 / 375lbs balls. I can't seem to find much in terms of what bats are ideal for these types of balls. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Dudley makes those asa 40/375s in my a opinion there worse then classic M and decent asa 44/375s. I wasn't impressed.

troy111

Yeah - those are it. No choice, that's what we're stuck with, trying to see what bats work well with those!

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Any old stamp bats would suffice.. or new stamp last years Easton imo..

Personally I had great success using my asa cl22 .12 against 40/375

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
A durable composite as those are going to be rough on bats. Probably why he suggested staying away from the Aftermath.

troy111

I bought the Team Combat Greinert from this site at an awesome price and so far among all the bats I have it's the one that's hitting it best

tonys1

I ordered the SBF CL22 based on the recommendation above and tried it with a couple of balls - it feels like a sledgehammer but has been so underwhelming so far. It feels like it absorbs or swallows the balls, whereas the AM has a shotgun-like sound and the ball just jumps off it

tonys1

That's one of the balls I have in my BP bucket, have some 44's and 52's... I feel like the Greinhart and AM both hit these well (give or take 10-15 feet depending on the ball), but the SBF CL22 just feels so different. Maybe it's one of those bats that really needs to be broken in, but it feels like the ball is hitting a pillow and just dies.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep...gonna have to break the CL22 in. Once it gets broken in though it kills. Has a little more endload to it but not too much.

troy111

Tried it again tonight in some bp, started getting a better feel for it and some of the balls traveled. Still nothing like my Flipper AM, but I'll give it a shot. Got 4 Combats in the bag too, man I love those bats. We have some 105's and red dots which are both 44 / 375 and they feel so mush and dead, and they are brand new - can't find a single bat that hits those well. I see a lot of leagues use 52 / 300 and say the Flipper AM kills those balls, but I'm having a hard time imagining that if it's even mushier than the 44 / 375.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
I have nothing to add except is troy111 and tonys1 the same person? If you just read this and ignore the screen names (like I just did) you wouldn't know it was two people.

troy111

Yes it is, and I'm sorry - I created an account from home and wanted to follow the forums from work too, so I created a second account there since I didn't remember my password. No harm meant!