.40/375 vs .44/375 vs .52/300 ???

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
Our church league went to a "RESTRICTED FLIGHT RF 375/.40" ball. I think they got a deal on these ASA stamped .40/375 Dudley's. After playing an early spring league with the .52/300's hitting the .40 core balls Sunday was a real change. The ball was jumping off the bats with a "crack" instead of the "poof" I've been hearing the last few weeks of ASA ball. They sure weren't restricted flight. I don't remember a church league game with so many deep shots. Anyone else use these .40/375 balls? And of those three from hardest to softest is it .44/375 then .40/375 then .52/300? Thanks

Addicted to Softballfans
i guess we are using the same balls then,our's were doing the same..& they surely was not dying out as they were making their way out to the field...

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
Our church league went to a "RESTRICTED FLIGHT RF 375/.40" ball. I think they got a deal on these ASA stamped .40/375 Dudley's. After playing an early spring league with the .52/300's hitting the .40 core balls Sunday was a real change. The ball was jumping off the bats with a "crack" instead of the "poof" I've been hearing the last few weeks of ASA ball. They sure weren't restricted flight. I don't remember a church league game with so many deep shots. Anyone else use these .40/375 balls? And of those three from hardest to softest is it .44/375 then .40/375 then .52/300? Thanks

KDE

I picked up some Dudley 40-375's two years ago ( needed some new bp balls ) and honestly they fly!!!! we use dudley thunder heats 44-375s in league, and i would rather hit the 40-375's

But the ones I got for some reason are just Rocks.... and yes they do make a nice crack off the bat...

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll take 40/375 over 44/375 each and every day. I think LDs assume the COR is CORE and the lower is safer. I disagree and IMO the 40s fly better. I said IMO.

falko1266

Addicted to Softballfans

I'd say that is acurate. .40 cor ball are a blast to hit in fall season:D

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
i guess we are using the same balls then,our's were doing the same..& they surely was not dying out as they were making their way out to the field...

I had two go over the outfield Bro. :D We play church ball on an open field so no idea how far but I put one considerably over the left fielders head and he's a fast youg guy and my last at bat deep into the gap between RF & R. No way these are limited flight.

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
well my first experience with the dudley 40-375's was two years ago in a small tourny in BFE !

We show up and its a hit your own but the ball had to be a 40core 400comp(max) and we are like WTF?? but they had a few cases of the 40core dudleys for sale, so i bought a few of them..

Now this was also late june of 2009, and it was flipping HOT outside too...

but these balls flew!!! a few of our guys hit a couple in the 350ft range...

I smoked one that easily went 350+ , i say that because down the RF line was 290, and it went over the road behind the RF fence and landed at the Tree line.

But anyways, I'd take the dudley 40-375's over the 44-375's idk why, but i would..

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
40 CoR in lower temps can be flat nasty, once its above 80 its a different animal. Keep that in mind.

i myself believe this to be true w/the 44 Cor as well....the 52/300's we use in league now (worth hot dots) seem to hold up fairly well when the temps get 80+ and they are like hitting rocks in fall ball

btw....had a chance to hit some evil bp's when I was in Youngstown and hit w/my buddy Goosepimp on here, we were only in the hitting tunnels but those balls made me feel like everything I hit was 300'+

Pretty

Softball is cool
That is pretty much what we use in SE WI. Waukesha and Milwaukee County along w/ most ASA Tourney around here. I agree they are good but over 80 or really humid the soften a bit.

Addicted to Softballfans
I had two go over the outfield Bro. :D We play church ball on an open field so no idea how far but I put one considerably over the left fielders head and he's a fast youg guy and my last at bat deep into the gap between RF & R. No way these are limited flight.

yup it's pretty crazy,league director's told us that they were going to softer 40/375 & had to have RF on it..couple hit's & i was like no way these are softer,like you said they were cracking of the bat..although like one of the board bro said temperature makes a big difference and it was like 60-65deg on sunday who know's what will happen when/ if we ever get a 80-90 deg weather :)...

quick23

We hit Baden Lexum 40/375 here in league and we pound those balls fly on league nights. In the heat of the day then slow down little, but in the AM and when the sun goes down they perform well...

The only 52/300 I have hit was in a Utrip Tourney and they were rockets coming off my Z-1000...

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
That is pretty much what we use in SE WI. Waukesha and Milwaukee County along w/ most ASA Tourney around here. I agree they are good but over 80 or really humid the soften a bit.

We hit Baden Lexum 40/375 here in league and we pound those balls fly on league nights. In the heat of the day then slow down little, but in the AM and when the sun goes down they perform well...

The only 52/300 I have hit was in a Utrip Tourney and they were rockets coming off my Z-1000...

So are your local leagues ASA and you don't use the .50/300's? Just a local adaptation changing the ball rule?

quick23

So are your local leagues ASA and you don't use the .50/300's? Just a local adaptation changing the ball rule?

We are an ASA modified league... SCMAF is the association we play under. They are always slow to adapt anything new. I say we are 2yrs away from seeing a ball change in our area.

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
.40/375's havebeen proven to outperform .44/375's by @ 3mph because the less bouncy balls are better with composite bats (when both are 375 compression). Your LD needs to learn his facts ... how can one ball be "softer" than the other when their compression (measure of hardness/softness) is the same?? Both should outhit the 52/300's until temps are up in the 80's.