44-400 great news

single wally

Professional Amateur
Are these still sanctioned by any associations or just fun balls for BP or backyard tournies and leagues?

robokill

Manager
Hey Buggs, I know you say that a higher COR reduces the impact the ball has on the bat. How would you rank the "damage" done by the following balls in cold (40F) weather? Thanks!

Evil ASA 44-375 HOT
BP Rocket
Ultimate Evil

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
ASA 44 is going to be the worst, Ultimate Evil next and then the Rocket. That being said the Ultimate and the Rockets dont have any history of being bat breakers even though they are higher compression. Evil's unique mix of c0r and compression uses Higher c0r values to effectively offset the potential damage associated with higher compression. Its a bunch of equations but after 13 years I would have to say it just flat out works.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Saturday, hope to play and hit this on Sunday
13015171_10207537657572906_5641695415535934962_n.jpg

JBT2020

The Veteran
Hey guys sorry for the delay on the video, im going to be able to get out Thursday and hit, I will get a video put together then.

wcoastsoftball

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXkLDaabPVA[/ame]

All these were 44-400. Ball felt and sounds solid coming off the bat. I was way out in front of mine and still got it out.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Bobby do you know if this ball is approved for Freedom Sports? I know they use the 44/400 but I dont know if they have to have the Freedom logo on the ball or what.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
These things are great. Finally remembered to throw them in the bp bucket yesterday. Sound and fly VERY well. Can't wait for some of these any 44 COR tournaments to roll around!

Dogue

Evil Genius
Bobby do you know if this ball is approved for Freedom Sports? I know they use the 44/400 but I dont know if they have to have the Freedom logo on the ball or what.

It would have to have the "Freedom Sports" logo to be approved.

Ballisttic

Star Player
A question for buggs. I noticed the long haul bomber tour is using dudleys this year. How come they switched away from ultimate evils.

JBT2020

The Veteran
[ame=http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac83/JBT2020/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/0D98872D-D987-4D8B-81FA-17ED89A41ABE_zpsrhknygfp.mp4]
th_0D98872D-D987-4D8B-81FA-17ED89A41ABE_zpsrhknygfp.jpg
[/ame]

Alright guys, here is just a small quick video I threw together, kinda had limited resources.

The balls felt great, exit speed is very nice, would definitely love if NSA switched back to 44's and we could use these.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
A question for buggs. I noticed the long haul bomber tour is using dudleys this year. How come they switched away from ultimate evils.

Interesting how this went down. We order and build for the next season starting in August. Everything was the same as last year until 2 weeks ago when I get an email from the show producer saying we went with a different ball this season, Im like :wtf2: .....:confused:
Glad you told me last season so I didnt make the additional 1200 balls for the 2016 tour:rolleyes:
It really comes down to $$. In reality I never believed expensing $10,000 per year to be the ball of the tour was worth it. After checking the #s for the past 3 years we were right. I truly have to thank the people at Dudley for giving me a $10,000 bonus in my pocket for 2016 and wish them the best luck in this venture. I promise you I will spend it well.

Ballisttic

Star Player
Interesting how this went down. We order and build for the next season starting in August. Everything was the same as last year until 2 weeks ago when I get an email from the show producer saying we went with a different ball this season, Im like :wtf2: .....:confused:
Glad you told me last season so I didnt make the additional 1200 balls for the 2016 tour:rolleyes:
It really comes down to $$. In reality I never believed expensing $10,000 per year to be the ball of the tour was worth it. After checking the #s for the past 3 years we were right. I truly have to thank the people at Dudley for giving me a $10,000 bonus in my pocket for 2016 and wish them the best luck in this venture. I promise you I will spend it well.

Well glad it all worked out in your favor.