44 400 TA'S > 53 600 Stadiums

6040adam

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm telling you, after using numerous bats hitting both these balls, I'm confident in saying the TA'S are better. They sound better, and go just as far, maybe even farther. Now I just wish I could get a hold of more TA's! !

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
I found this to be true as well and have said for years that it was the best ball I've ever used ... And to think... They use to be used during tournament play

6040adam

Addicted to Softballfans
I found this to be true as well and have said for years that it was the best ball I've ever used ... And to think... They use to be used during tournament play

That was a big reason why I started playing NSA lol

DUNNY51

Addicted to Softballfans
I still have a few left over. Evil microcell too. I bought mine when SBFs store had them on sale after they were banned

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Evil Microcell is still available for ISA. Tattoo makes a multi-cover as well. Dudley sold a non-association TA last year.

53/600s aren't stadiums though. Stadiums are 47/450s. Distances were 47/500s I believe. Ultimate Evils and Launch 650s are a different story. I would also rather hit Evil Hot Maxes and the non-association 44/525 ZNs I have than TAs. That is, if I don't care about the bat lasting.

Foose

The Veteran
nah i don't hit at women on purpose but they're some that do. Thats just what they use man. Every coed tourney in this area still uses 44's. Girls hit any 11" they want. Most of the girls that play infield can hold their own

Ballisttic

Star Player
I'm telling you, after using numerous bats hitting both these balls, I'm confident in saying the TA'S are better. They sound better, and go just as far, maybe even farther. Now I just wish I could get a hold of more TA's! !

I have never hit a 44-400 but if you are looking for a ultimate distance ball.

Apex diablos 50/700 > Launch 650s > Stadium HR exhibition > stadiums = evil ultimates.

The last 3 on the list are pretty close together.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why do people keep saying the ultimate evil is a stadium ball? Did they change?

Ballisttic

Star Player
sttic, I have to tell you there is NO 700lb compression polyurethane softball. It would crack in 5 swings

Im not saying they are 700 thats what apex claims, but no ball i have ever hit can come within 20 feet of them.

The 650 lauches are the closest to them and everyone knows how they fly.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had good Launches and bad Launches. I've never hit the Ultimate Evils, but the Hot Max and 44/525 ZNs flew better for me. Probably because I didn't know what they were and didn't overswing.

jhitman

Not surprising to me.....I have an old 44 core 375 comp Dudley Shark and it out hits every ball that I have to include the stadium softballs. It's a rock and has to be at least 6 years old.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got a dozen Evil BP balls, .44/400. Are these basically the same as the Thunder Advance .44/400?

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
The Evil Microcell is still available for ISA. Tattoo makes a multi-cover as well. Dudley sold a non-association TA last year.

53/600s aren't stadiums though. Stadiums are 47/450s. Distances were 47/500s I believe. Ultimate Evils and Launch 650s are a different story. I would also rather hit Evil Hot Maxes and the non-association 44/525 ZNs I have than TAs. That is, if I don't care about the bat lasting.

I agree. with this assessment. I got to hit TAs almost exclusively for a few years. They don't touch the distance you get with the Hot Maxes. I haven't hit them side by side, but I think they may be able to match or surpass Ultimate Evils. Granted 44/525s are harder on bats than a 53/600. Nobody seems to get this since everyone equates distance to being hard on bats. In certain temps I'd rather hit a 53/600 than a Classic M if I want a bat to last.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
Im not saying they are 700 thats what apex claims, but no ball i have ever hit can come within 20 feet of them.

The 650 lauches are the closest to them and everyone knows how they fly.
When has anything Apex claimed ever been true? Just askin