$49 nokona

Mnsroo11

Manager
First i will start off by saying i am i no way shape or form considering getting one of these noe whould i ever....but a buddy of mine asked me why my glove cost so much and said that a few years ago a new/used sports shop in our area had new nokona gloves for $49 and i do remember seeing these....what is the deal with these?....its clear that they dont have the same leather and craftsmanship as the gloves we own and love any info would be interesting....

Mnsroo11

Manager
I dont have picks I just rembered seeing these and my buddy brought it up....haven't seen one in at least 3-4 years....I'm pretty sure they had all kinds of colors in them like pink red black etc........figured someone like the resident nokona historian mr rous would know exactly what I was talking about and fill us in!!!!

grubd

Banned User
I was just looking for good deals and bidding w/o much thought. Saw nokona nwt and bid on it. Under 24 hours was leading at $75, luckily someone dumber out bid me and spent way too much on a piece.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
2007-2008 Nokona had a partner that thought the key to expansion was moving down the price/quality ladder (to compete with lower level Mizunos, Rawlings, and Wilsons). They had a factory in China make a bunch of gloves.

If the model number starts with an AMG, it was made in the USA. Also, some USA made mitts don't start with AMG. But even some USA made gloves made in Massachusetts were not well made (mostly models that are not still made).

WHen in doubt, ask here!!!

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Might have came across a couple of these yesterday at a SA close by. They were on clearance for 80 bucks I think. They were AMG1200 I believe. 12 inch glove anyways... The leather was horrible and the gloves were so out off form is was ridiculous...not sure how those could have passed quality control they were that bad. They did have a few smaller insignias which were pretty nice, not to get off topic though.