4pitchwalk

dan_905

Addicted to Softballfans
Great price on a bat, very bad shipping time and one of his employees screwed up and it cost me $100 in duty. :( If you live in the united states and dont mind a week wait or something he has great deals.

4PITCHWALK

The bad thing is this

Before, and I am speaking from experience, if you put an amount on a box that doesn't match to what you are selling, customs WILL CALL YOU at 7AM in the morning to tell you they are not authorizing the shipment due to the incorrect value. I wish I could label everything as free, but then when it doesn't show up, I am out the money and the bat. I would rather protect myself and my customers, not mention my integrity. Sorry Dan it cost you some bucks, UPS is a little more strict then USPS

dan_905

Addicted to Softballfans
Chris, thats kind of a load of crap buddy. UPS isnt allowed by law to open any package so how would they know the value of some mystery bat? Also, the bat doesnt go through customs, just through an employee of UPS who is also not allowed to open the package.

The prices arent that great when you have to add an extra hundred bucks to it. The only thing that was protected here was the mistake made by someone on your end.

wagsbegone

Outstanding Bad Dealer
kinda same thing

dont get me wrong here have bought from chris before and the first deal went smooth plus he is a great guy but the second purchase made from him took 32 days to get to me and i also had to pay the extra hunddy on the bat and the bag i was suppose to be getting FREE with the bat ...... plus i no it sucks for all u guys in the states to ship to canada and help us out a little with the duty but there is alot of people that can do it NOPROBLEM and still get it to us in 6 days ..... I would say chris posts by far the best prices on the board but if u live in canada it wont save u a buck ........ my two cents )

cposiasca1

is diggin country bootie
Guys...Chris has a business licence. The one of us who do this on the side, can ship and call them "samples" or "warranty replacements" or whatever. It is hard to get around customs, and a pain in the butt to worry about shipping.

If you insure the pkg for one thing, and value the customs declaration for another, this is where the issue comes in. I can not insure stuff, and if it doesn't show up, then the buyer is screwed. I can value them the same, but you only get the value I get recouped. You gotta descide what it is worth to you.

I know I am done not shipping w/ insurance to CAN. I got bitten a week ago, and almost again last week.

The other thing....is be very specific when you are buying, and having something shipped to CAN. If you tell them in an email: "Please mark as a gift or warranty, and don't send insured" then everyone is covered. It is very rare that USPS or CAN Post loses a box, but it can happen.

Bottom line...be careful, and don't get mad at a business trying to CHA(cover his azz).

Sorry you guys got nailed on duty...it sucks for both parties w/ the duty/fees/extra shipping.

joseschrist

hey posey i just wanted to say thanks for helping me out before with the mizuno spikes darrren was a big help i didnt really get a chance to thank you since you were gone for like three weeks

dan_905

Addicted to Softballfans
I CLEARLY stated about the insurance in both emails AND the paypal payment. There is NO reason why it should cost a hundred EXTRA dollars. I've NEVER had a problem with duty ever on bats.

Posey, you know I buy bats from you about every second week now. I've never had a problem. I have about 10-15 bats shipped up to me each week and a hundred extra dollars is something I never want to happen.

It doesnt matter if its a warrenty replacement, gift etc. It goes 100% on the declared value on a bat. Bottom line is, someone on his end didnt follow the conditions of our deal and it cost me a hundred bucks. End of story. I never said he was a bad guy, never said the price was bad but the fact that someone screwed up SUCKED.

dan_905

Addicted to Softballfans
cposiasca1 said:
Sorry you guys got nailed on duty...it sucks for both parties w/ the duty/fees/extra shipping.

I paid $15 EXTRA for shipping and I paid the $100 out of my own pocket...... how does this suck for both parties?

cposiasca1

is diggin country bootie
Dan..sorry you got popped...I mispoke on both parties, as I didn't know you paid extra shipping.

If I had insured those PSTmax's to you....you would have been nailed also, from what the people at the PO told me. I think it sucks, that a warranty replacement, can't have a real value w/o paying duty AGAIN on it.

I am going to do some research, w/ my main postal facility, and report back.

dan_905

Addicted to Softballfans
They go 100% on the insured and declared value.

Thats why we have the bat factories in canada, so we dont have to send them to the states.

I know my way around the postal folk, thats why I can deal for so many bats. I get tons of bats for people because they dont get nailed on duty. Now if the guy bought the syn+ off of me for 300 and now had to pay 100 extra why wouldnt he just buy it from the store in the first place? Now I had to recoup the 100 dollar loss in the next deal. Not good, not good.

b e r t

Coach
cposiasca1 said:

You should not be getting charged duty on Sporting Goods if they are manufactured in North America.
The only charges you 'should' get hit with are GST (7%), PST (~7% - depending on the province) + brokerage fees.

If using UPS - you get killed when they they rape you with brokerage charges
UPS Brokerage Charges

If using USPS - you are only charged $5 for brokerage...

Also, Canada Customs Agents are PO'd that they make less than American agents - they are slowing everything down at the borders...

dan_905

Addicted to Softballfans
I always pay the extra shipping too, people know me now and know Im from canada. They also know I pay on time, buy lots of bats and would never screw anyone over. I always hold up my end of the deal but somehow everyone else doesnt do the same? Same with the tracking numbers from the states, with USPS those tracking numbers dont work! I had one that did because it was shipped priority instead of regular.

Either way the deal is done and hopefully if I do another deal with Chris he can handle it personally so its done right. $100 is good money when you are dealing with bats.

dan_905

Addicted to Softballfans
b e r t said:
You should not be getting charged duty on Sporting Goods if they are manufactured in North America.
The only charges you 'should' get hit with are GST (7%), PST (~7% - depending on the province) + brokerage fees.

If using UPS - you get killed when they they rape you with brokerage charges
UPS Brokerage Charges

If using USPS - you are only charged $5 for brokerage...

Also, Canada Customs Agents are PO'd that they make less than American agents - they are slowing everything down at the borders...

hey there smart guy! Take $260 US, now convert it into canadian dollars $348 now take the 15% tax $52 then add the $50 stupid UPS charges to cross the border.....

horray! we calculated how the $100 was charged!

Sorry to be a smart ass about it, just explaining how it works

dan_905

Addicted to Softballfans
Guys, just a bit pissed here. $100 is quite a bit of charity I had to give up. Oh well.

b e r t

Coach
dan_905 said:
hey there smart guy! Take $260 US, now convert it into canadian dollars $348 now take the 15% tax $52 then add the $50 stupid UPS charges to cross the border.....

horray! we calculated how the $100 was charged!

Sorry to be a smart ass about it, just explaining how it works

Now subtract $45 for using USPS and you don't get 100...

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
Get it sent USPS registered to Canada it cost $15 U.S. which is only like $5 more than what people charge to ship to the U.S. You can track it on the USPS site and then on the Canada post site when it crosses the border. No stupid brokerage fee that the UPS scam artists charges.

By the way marked as gift only has a first $60 as exempt not the whole thing. So if the U.S. shipper can do USPS only it would be an awesome gesture. Just some info there ofr everyone to absorb. :)

dan_905

Addicted to Softballfans
b e r t said:
Now subtract $45 for using USPS and you don't get 100...

declare the value I asked for and for him to use USPS and it would have been 10 canadian. I know how its done, trust me.

Because he has a business, us paying for shipping is way to launder money. He can write off 100% of the shipping.

klemmy

Big Hitter, the Lama
That's why I dont ship bats to Canada any more. I don't need the hassle. We don't make much $$ on a bat to begin with, then when you have to make a trip to the usps & make sure you fill out the paperwork correctly, phuck it. Its much easier to just box it up & ship ups from my building to someone here in the states. Its insured so if it gets lost theres no problem in recouping my costs.

dan-905, were you asking 4pitchwalk to lie about the value of the bat to get around customs? If so, you're asking a cop to lie about his legit business. Whether it was a mistake or not, I wouldn't fudge the numbers if I was in his spot. Posey was right, for most of us that do it on the side it's no big deal, but for a legit business he has to cover himself. Sorry you're out $100, that sucks.

dan_905

Addicted to Softballfans
No doubt about anything you say there.

Either way at the end of the day if I hundred bucks makes or breaks me then Im a sad individual. Its not a matter of the money its a matter that it wasnt necessary. Its done.

shooter26

Addicted to Softballfans
bat

sorry to hear about the deal Dan... but i purchased 2 bats and a backpac from Chris and was shipped the wrong wt but Chris was quick on sending back the right wt and delivered as he stated... Thanks 4pitch for the deal on the 2 bats.. will do a deal again.

4PITCHWALK

I did my best

I have to ultimately protect myself and the business. AND HONESTLY, UPS did call my house and CUSTOMS has every right to open any box they want. I worked it out with Dan, just not sure why it is still an issue? If you are stressed about the $100, I will take it off your next purchase bro.

dan_905

Addicted to Softballfans
4PITCHWALK said:
I have to ultimately protect myself and the business. AND HONESTLY, UPS did call my house and CUSTOMS has every right to open any box they want. I worked it out with Dan, just not sure why it is still an issue? If you are stressed about the $100, I will take it off your next purchase bro.

It was worked out with me? I just got an email saying it was someone elses mistake and wouldnt happen again. If you're shipping via UPS it never hits customs, it hits a UPS employee who is still not allowed to open the box *I know someone that is their job* If it went through actual customs *at the border* they can open it UPS ships via air to canada and thats what the brokerage charge is for.

I'll have a look and see if I need anything else.

Thanks Chris.

Last edited:

Pitcher#47

Addicted to Softballfans
Very classy, Chris!! Thanks for all the great products that I received last week. I love the WWSSA batpack! Will be doing more business with you soon!