504 web questions

Jomatty

Starting Player
I will be swapping out a basket web on a 504. What I would really like to do is an I web with a base but I'm kinda leaning towards an H web as I've done those a few times and no how to deal with the extra holes. All the webs I have ever swapped have come off of existing gloves though so I am a little unsure what size to order. I want the glove to play wide. 5.25? same for middle bar?

is the I web with a base a bad idea? what measurements would you guys go with?

Jomatty

Starting Player
Not sure won is the right word but it's coming my way...Would be exactly what I want without those holes...

Jomatty

Starting Player
Does anyone have a picture of a 504 with an I web? I feel like I saw a pro department one at some point. I feel like a 504 is small enough to not look silly with an I web like some larger gloves do, especially one with a base (the holes could be another matter).

I'm going to order the web tomorrow and any help with web measurements would be appreciated.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I think Mason had Bob make him an I-web version, but it looked so out of proportion that he sent it back to Bob to put an H on it... At least that is my recollection.

10nike

Addicted to Softballfans
I will update this post with the hweb measurement. Although you can get it as wide as you want, there is such a thing as too wide and the glove will look funny.

**UPDATE**

Hweb is 4.5" wide and 7" long. My recommendation is to stick with that, or maybe go 4.75" wide. However, it's your glove so order it how you want it. I prefer hwebs over the iweb with base. I just tried it out since I had the web laying around. You could use an iweb by itself but you need to order it pretty big. Mr. Augie had a pro dept 504 with just an iweb if you want to see what that looks like.

Here is another picture of an iweb with base, but this one is from glovesmith. I sold the glove a while back and don't recall much about it.

IMG_2685_zps2c6f389b.jpg

IMG_2683_zps7f520276.jpg

Last edited:

Jomatty

Starting Player
Thanks nike that is exactly what I was looking for. Having had the glove with both webs I'm considering what is your opinion? I would want a base that wasn't quite as tall but that picture definitely helped. Did you feel the I web was out of proportion? I could see without the base it would look out of proportion but with the base it seems to work decently. I appreciate the posting of the measurements. I'm thinking 5.25 or 5 inches but not sure.

Jomatty

Starting Player
Augie-beautiful glove. If I didn't have so many holes to fill I think that's what I would do.

Nike- thanks for sizing info. Sounds like I was going to go too wide on the web width for a glove that size, thanks for info. I want it to be wide but also I want it to fit nicely.