52/275 question

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm playing in an NSA league and they recently changed the ball to the .52/275 tattoo balls. i usually swing a z1000 (NSA model), but i'm not finding the say performance with this bat that i did with the .44/400 (obviously lol). so i was wondering what bats hit these balls well. i usually swing z's or eastons. will my scn19 hit this ball well? i haven't taken it out yet. any advice would be awesome. thanks

tfisher8

Manager
Well personally, like everyone says. A power hitter is a power hitter. I use these balls (dudleys) for BP and have used them for BP 2 seasons straight. I use a 454 worth balanced from 2011, and also have used mulitiple bats and have hit them the same. I think you just need to get the moosh ball out of your head and you will start hitting them well. Remember, it only needs to go 300' not 400.

ss_stud

Addicted to Softballfans
They actually say the z1000 was the best bat for mush balls...don't think you'll find anything much better

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the advice guys. It's definitely in my head. I've been swinging my ASA Z2k better than my utrip z1k with these balls. Idk if that makes sense or not but it seems to work lol. Any other advice would be awesome

Black Sox

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm playing in an NSA league and they recently changed the ball to the .52/275 tattoo balls. i usually swing a z1000 (NSA model), but i'm not finding the say performance with this bat that i did with the .44/400 (obviously lol). so i was wondering what bats hit these balls well. i usually swing z's or eastons. will my scn19 hit this ball well? i haven't taken it out yet. any advice would be awesome. thanks

you play out of Toms River?

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
nope, i'm playing in mercer county park in west windsor.... and i've been finding that my 2011 asa z outhits my asa z2k and my utrip z... to tell u the truth, the utrip z1k hits the ball the worst out of the 3. i'm gonna try my scn19 next week

Akij987

I hit .52/275 NSA balls for BP and my 2011 asa z1k kills those balls. It's real close between the new derby boys, wanted and z1k for me on those balls they all hit them great, but obviously the z is the only one of thos you can use for NSA. An actually of all the bats in my sig the Z and DB hit that ball the best.

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
yea, i believe i'm going to still with my asa z... is there any reason why that my asa z hits that ball better than the utrip z??

hevyd258

Addicted to Softballfans
been playing NSA for a while. We also switched to these balls this season and they are flying pretty well here in Rhode Island. I've been swinging an OG Freak.

jrb518

Addicted to Softballfans
My league I play in is Asa and we use the USSSA classic plus .52 275. My SRV5 hits them really well.

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
yea i guess i just have to get it out of my head. i'm batting .750 in the league but with 0 homers. i guess i just love the long ball lol

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
yea, i've found that. i can hit them pretty solid, but i haven't really been able to launch em... maybe i'm not the power hitter i thought i was or maybe i need to hit the gym lol

wiggie7

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks dude. Seems like ill be swinging my ASA Z for the rest of the year. I guess I'm most comfortable with iy and it seems to mash that ball too