52/275 vs cracked bat

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Was taking BP with what I thought were all 52/275 or 52/300 balls. A 44/375 got mixed in. Cracked my OG freak on the 44/375 on one side. Turned it over to the other side and continued BP for about 40 more pitches and used it in a tourney yesterday that used 52/275 balls. Crack is remaining on side and not getting worse! Very unusual for me since anytime I crack a bat on one side and rotate it to the other side, the bat usually finishes off in about 7 swings.

Is the other side not busting related to the compression of the ball?

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Where was the ump?? LOL

The 52's are easier on bats which is why they can make the walls thinner on the new ASA bats.

smokeum99ta

Addicted to Softballfans
Look at it this way. Have you ever opened up a can a crescent rolls? Once you crack it , it's hard to open up completely unless you flex the back side of the roll. So I hit the crack to make the bat last longer but once it's cracked it only a matter of time before it breaks completely.

stepup

Coach
Look at it this way. Have you ever opened up a can a crescent rolls? Once you crack it , it's hard to open up completely unless you flex the back side of the roll. So I hit the crack to make the bat last longer but once it's cracked it only a matter of time before it breaks completely.

:wtf2: have you ever even busted a bat?

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Just luck of the draw with a cracked bat. My Freak98 waswebbed and nasty as can be, cracked hitting 52's and dies 10 swings later.

G&Tbats

Addicted to Softballfans
OG freak is tough bat, after i cracked mine it lasted 100+ swings b4 it broke in 2.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over

MMMmmmmmm ---- Crescent Rolls!!!!!!
Pass the butter....​

%%%

hollywood9826

The Veteran

Are crescent rolls similar to the cinnamon rolls? Thos cinnamon rolls are the real mutha effin deal.