52/300 ball.... What bat?

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
You'll get a lot of answers for the Mercy, aftermath, Juggy and Future.

I've swung them all against the .52's, but I only have about 10 cuts with the Mercy.

I would rank them like this:

Juggy
Future
Aftermath
Mercy

Granted I've only put 10 hits on the Mercy, so I wouldn't even really count it in my performance. Also, my AM was a 2013 with 1200+ hits on it, some say the 2014 has better performance, but I dunno about that.....the Juggy and Future both put it to shame, the juggy out of the wrapper, and the Future took some time to open up.

My ranking has a lot to do with the feel of the bat as well, I prefer an EL stick. The 26.5 Future has more EL than the 27oz Juggy, but I swing EL sticks better so that might be why I hit better with them.

Again, you're going to get 50 different answers

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
Hopefully you have some friends that will let you swing some BP with their bats. Because B-Rad hit it right on the head. You'll get 50 answers. He ranked the Juggy first, while I'll put her last. Juggy is good but I for some reason have never fallen for a Juggy line stick? I've been a One series guy. So again 50 ppl 50 different answers.

Here is my List:

FuDawg
Future
Aftermath
Mercy
CL22a
Juggy

But I have been swinging a FuDawg for 2 years and have had lots of swings with them. Future my take the lead if it keep opening up like it has been. Aftermath is pretty balanced for me and the Mercy swings too light. Both great sticks but I like heavy and endloaded. Juggy seems the heavier the softer...never got the feel I guess.

lx_2nv

Coach
Of the 3 I have swung I'd say:
Juggy
AM
True One

Thats just me....I'd love to swing a future and mercy

LC77

Manager
I just played a tourney using .52/300. First time for me. 2013 AM crushed it. I'm guessing my 2014 AM will as well, but I haven't cracked the wrapper yet.

ChubRok

Manager
I have to say my F4t4re is my best so far. I have one of the new "one" and got rid of it. I put some whacks one an buddies Cl22ASA and liked it but we play mostly NSA out here and mine is NIW. The new Aftermant didnt impress me very much, I still perfer the OG Flipper. I like the EL bats most, but swing them all and pick one. Good luck with your search.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
the 52/300 is designed to limit the affect bats have on performance.

swing whatever you like, there's not much difference beyond the feel anymore.

the only thing I think the bat matters for with the 52's now, is for break in. trying to break in a pre-abi bat with 52's is gonna take you a decade if you ever get it done, haha

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans

the only thing I think the bat matters for with the 52's now, is for break in. trying to break in a pre-abi bat with 52's is gonna take you a decade if you ever get it done, haha

Fierce, I used to believe the same thing, that is why I waited and didnt get any new bats until fall ball last year. Until my buddies talked me into testing against their new stock. Example...I have a completely crazy webbed up, used in league/tourneys for 3 years RD28a with god knows how many hits. It murders 44/375s like no other. Not saying its senior hot but I out hit my CL22 again 44/400 with it! With that said it is easily 15 feet behind the new stock. Same batter, same day (ME) off a tee using brand new 52/300 Stones and Evil BP lites. All the balls were left resting against the fence (310') with my friends Mercy and AM both '13 and the RD only had a couple the rest were between 10-20 short.

So she is retired unless 44's are used and my FU and Future now rule the bag. I do feel a bat designed to hit 52's will... if everything is the same... outhit even a top tier pre-2013 bat.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
^^ I've done similar testing and had opposite results.

my juggy and rd28 are behind my utrip bats and the j3a by a HUGE margin with 44/375's. with hot dots they are slightly behind

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
how you hit the 52/300 ball has more effect than the bat you use

That is true and maybe the first time I've ever agreed with you Joker! Homeruns are about half of what they were last year as a total. BUT the top 4-5 guys are still dropping bombs and smoking the ball. A good hitter is a good hitter no matter what ball.

thebestpr21

Addicted to Softballfans
Nothing like my Juggy....like it more than my last year's J3A....performance wise they are basically the same, but love the little extra enload on the 27oz Juggy...all the new Ds are really good vs 52s, like many have said, its more about feel and preference....for me is the Juggy hands down...

Played 2 games last night with 52/275's.

6/7 3 Hrs, 2 hit fence in air and all on 26.5 future. Only 300 ft all the way around. Future has 265 cuts on it.

I let other guys on team use it and they had their furthest shots on the bat.

My weak brother who will try and post and clown me had 2 with Aftermath.

So like everyone says , find what you are most consistent with and go with.

For me it's 12" endloaded demarini. Handle doesn't matter too much to me but with a 13" balanced/midloaded bat, I'm the pop up King.

Joker

i've hit my j3a, future, og flipper, and og techzilla in my league that uses 52/300s. didn't really notice much difference between them

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
^^ agreed. I did BBS testing pre-52 and had about 10km/h difference between my asa bats(juggy and rd specifically) and senior bats(mm gear). I'd really like to do this again with the 52's because I bet that difference is much smaller.

what I notice now is a bigger difference between models(because of feel, swing weight, how I hit with them) than between associations. in Canada all the leagues that used to be asa only, now allow utrip bats with the new stamp, or asa bats with the old stamp(no new asa) and when we hit with the hot dots, it doesn't really seem to matter that much if it's an asa or utrip bat anymore. I do play in one league that still uses gold dots, and I love swinging my j3u in that league, haha. it's the only reason I no longer use my juggernaut. no point is switching bats, I'd rather be consistent in both leagues

Newkirk20

Horny Ninja
Juggy, Aftermath, or Mercy and you can't go wrong. NO REALLY YOU CAN'T. This is coming from a once piece Miken guy. Demarini hit it on the head this year for ASA sticks. ALL 3 of the mentioned bats mash the 52/300's. Like many have said above. It's all about personal feel and preference. I like and own them all because to me they all crush the ball and I hit pretty equally well with all. The Aftermath I just hit new out of the wrapper and it's right on par with my 500 hit Mercy. WOW!

Cool_E

Star Player
Hoping Mr. Newkirk is right... I'm a Miken guy and I would put them up against any bat with the 44s, but we are about to play ASA and I just picked up the Aftermath. I have to say it looks bad ass, and I can't wait to get some cuts in. Now I have to find 52 cor balls because all I have are 44s and I'm guessing that would destroy this stick since they weren't made for them... Although my Miken 750 Ultramax is a ASA only it handles the 44s well, but I always hear people talking about durability and Dont want to risk it with the new Demar...

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
fierce, when you say "juggy," are you talking about the OG or the 2014? because, for me, the 2014 is VERY similar to the J3A, but with better feel/weighting.

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans

I don't believe this at all I would say there is much of a gap with 52 and ASA only as there was with 44's and pre abi . I've hit some ASA only bat that felt great and never came close to 300 then swung some that felt like I was swing a 2x4 and had no problem hitting HR's .

Joker

I don't believe this at all I would say there is much of a gap with 52 and ASA only as there was with 44's and pre abi . I've hit some ASA only bat that felt great and never came close to 300 then swung some that felt like I was swing a 2x4 and had no problem hitting HR's .

a gap between what?

Hit1Far5

Addicted to Softballfans
So which Demarini has the stiff handle? I bought a J3 to use with 52's and sold it because I couldn't get used to the flexy handle. Thanks

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
So which Demarini has the stiff handle? I bought a J3 to use with 52's and sold it because I couldn't get used to the flexy handle. Thanks

Get a Future or slow your swing down so the bat head has a chance to catch up. Flexy bats are designed for people with slower swings.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
Get a Future or slow your swing down so the bat head has a chance to catch up. Flexy bats are designed for people with slower swings.

Why does it always come back to this? YOU DON'T SWING HARD ENOUGH TO FLEX THE HANDLE! A mis-hit will cause it to flex though. Fix your timing, find the SS, and you'll be fine.

ck1

The Madness
J3a
14 aftermath
Future

I just finished playing 6 games in an ASA tourney with 52/300 hycons. Future didn't do anything for us or any teams we played. The J3a killed them. The aftermath performed well.