52 cor Dudley Hycon Theory

my league switched to these balls this year. I have about 50 in my BP bag, ive been hitting them for about a month (1-3 times per week). IMO, these balls are good, they fly.

here is my question/theory....These balls "break in" and get better with some use.

Thoughts?

tattooball

Yes they do get better the more you hit them to a point. They loosen up and fly better when they are hit. Everybody that is in the business knows this, after all it has been tested and proven. Some don't know this because they only know what someome tells them.

i havent done anything differently to hit these balls, haven't changed how I swing etc....just hit them in BP like i would a 44/375, 525, classic M, etc.

Last edited:

mikenu

"Second Sucks"
Balls "breaking in," thats news to me. We switched to these 52 Core Dudley's and they still fly but exit speed seems to be a little slower.

Balls "breaking in," thats news to me. We switched to these 52 Core Dudley's and they still fly but exit speed seems to be a little slower.

I knoow, this caught me off guard but I also remember having to use these ballas at a tourny and I over heard a lot of ppl saying that "it seems like the more use the mote they fly." I passed it off but now reading this thread and thinking baci in that day, we p.ayed the last game of the day and I absolutly mashed one and it was on a highly used ball.

scottie05

Addicted to Softballfans
my league switched to these balls this year. I have about 50 in my BP bag, ive been hitting them for about a month (1-3 times per week). IMO, these balls are good, they fly.

here is my question/theory....These balls "break in" and get better with some use.

Thoughts?

i would have to agree, our league switched this year and if anything i hit more out, i also pitch and i dont think that the exit speed is any different

i would have to agree, our league switched this year and if anything i hit more out, i also pitch and i dont think that the exit speed is any different

I agree exit speed is about the same but did you notice a diffrence on the way this ball came off the bat? I played third for acouple games and i can't tell you exactly but I def thought it came off odd.s