52 core balls?

doubletrouble

Addicted to Softballfans
ok guys need some help. I am playing in a league and we are using 52 core balls. I have always played with 44 core. I would like some opinions on bats for these 52 core balls. I have been using a 2011 z 1000 but I would like to get another bat. what are your opinions?

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
People over think the 52 cor ball. Any broken in ASA bat is going to hit it well. The Zs are a good bet but they hit the 44/375 just as good.

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
Monsta and Tattoo balls. With this combo you will hit the 52's farther than what ever bat you are using with 44/375's. Best comment heard so far--"That just can't be right"

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Monsta and Tattoo balls. With this combo you will hit the 52's farther than what ever bat you are using with 44/375's. Best comment heard so far--"That just can't be right"

I sure hope so!!!!

I've got some Evil .52/300's arriving today to hit the AM and Monsta with to see how they do being we move to the .52/300 in April

doubletrouble

Addicted to Softballfans
i havent seen much on that monsta. is it asa approved. i have state here in a few weeks so i need to get a new bat asap for that

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes, it is.

I have a question to add if I may. When folks say the .52/300's "don't fly as good" but "they are bouncier" how does that work????

When you hold a .52/300 and a .44/375 head high and drop them, the .52/300 bounces higher, and you would think that would equal more distance, no???

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit my dozen Evil .52/300's today, with a mix of a dozen Dudley thunder heat's, and SB12's......... can't really notice a difference in distance, maybe a hair more with the .52/300

What is different is like everyone says, the sounds. More of a "thud" vs a "crack"

Pretty happy with them, and even more happy with the Aftermath, sends them flying very well!!!! I tried the AM and Monsta equally - but the Monsta was falling short with both balls today....

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I have found a good Metal bat hits these balls very well, White/Raw Steel, the old 375's etc. If you can find one the Pst's. That ball just flies off my PST's. I am 80 and get line shots 260-275' with the Tattoo 52/300 balls.

The only other good bat I have hit those balls with is the Triad 3 and they flew off that bat also as well as my PST's

The only problem with the PST's is not everyone can swing those babies.

Tymntgmry

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes, it is.

I have a question to add if I may. When folks say the .52/300's "don't fly as good" but "they are bouncier" how does that work????

When you hold a .52/300 and a .44/375 head high and drop them, the .52/300 bounces higher, and you would think that would equal more distance, no???

The cor is higher on the 52/300 which makes it bouncier, the compression is lower which means it is not as hard and doesn't fly as well.

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
I am 80
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A thousand thumbs up!!
Shoot a vid. 80 and hitting everyday, are you in Heaven?

rmeeks8137

Addicted to Softballfans
Not as a big a difference as you might think between the 44 and 52's, IMO the 2011 utrip Z1000 does show a slight edge against the 52's than other bats ive hit.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The cor is higher on the 52/300 which makes it bouncier, the compression is lower which means it is not as hard and doesn't fly as well.

Does it have greater aerodynamic drag because it's softer? LOL

The ball is harder and less elastic (because of the lower cor) so it sinks into the bat more creating a greater trampoline effect from the bat. With the 52 the ball does more work in the collision and subsequent flight, and with the 44 the bat does more work.

I am curious as the specific variables that appear to cause the 52 to fly much further with spin as opposed to the 44.

LetTheBigDogEat

The Veteran
see the ball, hit the ball. that's it. if the ball is going to make a big difference in your game, you arent that good. end of discussion.

PM21

Manager
My gamer is a Z1000. Just got an Aftermath and it is crushing the 52s. I highly recommend one, also feels like the Z.